Illidan

Well met!

I'll soon craft another legendary for my Pala deck, (which is a combination between aggro and board control) and I have been thinking about Illidan, considering that I could fill the board quickly, and deal a lot of damage as well. However, Illidan counts as a demon, which makes me think that it should go on a warlock deck instead of a pala deck.
I have also been thinking about Ragnaros, but I'm not really sure.
Any suggestions?
Edited by Feldrius on 4/9/2014 1:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I don't think nobody suggests Illidan over Ragnaros. Illidan is just a bad card that doesn't really have a place anywhere, it could work in some kind of gimmicky token combo druid with cheap spells and buffs, but not in paladin. It's just killed so quickly with his 5 health. There's no place for Illidan in warlock decks either.

For aggressive board control paladin I think Leeroy is a must, don't know what else it could run. Rag could be a good choice as it's always good to have in a deck, but do you have Bloodmage Thalnos?

It's a solid drop which either draws you a card or draws a silence from your enemy so that's good. And for your board control paladin it gives some extra oomph to those consecrations and hammer of wraths you're most likely packing.

Other than that, Cairne could be good as a strong presence on board and drawing silences before you drop Tirion which I believe you have. You could tell a bit more 'bout your deck actually.
Edited by Tupu on 4/9/2014 1:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks for the answer. I don't have Thalnos, he is on the list, but I would prefer to craft more aggresive cards before crafting him.

I do have Tirion, I will post my full deck as soon as I can. (I can't do it at the moment)

I'll think about it, thanks!
Edited by Feldrius on 4/9/2014 1:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/09/2014 01:38 PMPosted by Tupu
I don't think nobody suggests Illidan over Ragnaros. Illidan is just a bad card that doesn't really have a place anywhere, it could work in some kind of gimmicky token combo druid with cheap spells and buffs, but not in paladin. It's just killed so quickly with his 5 health. There's no place for Illidan in warlock decks either.

For aggressive board control paladin I think Leeroy is a must, don't know what else it could run. Rag could be a good choice as it's always good to have in a deck, but do you have Bloodmage Thalnos?

It's a solid drop which either draws you a card or draws a silence from your enemy so that's good. And for your board control paladin it gives some extra oomph to those consecrations and hammer of wraths you're most likely packing.

Why would you run Leeroy in a pally control deck? The two are fairly contradictory to each other not to mention Paladins are already very bloated on the 4 drop mana curve.
Reply Quote
Go with Sylvanas, Cairne, or Black Knight instead of Illidan. It's often too difficult to get good value out of him. And I find him better in Shaman, Warlock, or Druid decks.
Edited by Royko on 4/9/2014 3:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
"Aggressive board control" just sounds more like zoo warlock type of control instead of the standard "wait for overcommit, nuke everything with equality" paladin. Gotta pull some quesses when you have no clear idea what the deck is about.
Reply Quote
Illidan is great if you can keep him alive, but it's very costly and gets removed fast, so you usually don't get much value out of him. I have had Illidan since day 1, and he's not been viable in any of my decks so far. I've tried using him, but there is so much better choices.

For paladin I recommend following legendaries in that order:

Tirion > Black Knight > Cairne > Sylvanas

In my deck I get most value out of Tirion and Black Knight for sure, also Nat Pagle.

I find lots of value out of Nat Pagle too. I remember so many times coining it and giving it divine shield on turn 2 and keeping him on board like 5 turns. So at least in my deck he is still value. Or he serves as a great silence/removal bait which makes Cairne and Tirion more safe in future.
Reply Quote
I run Illidan in my Summoning Portal-based Controllock deck. Since I'm generally somewhat low on cards by the time I get him out, the Warlock draw power lets me summon two minions per turn. If you can keep him alive for one turn, you can generally out trade everyone with minions alone.

That being said, he's a weak when played by himself, and even though he's a 6 drop, you need 8-9 mana to get decent board pressure out of him on the turn you summon him (Illidan + free minion).

All in all, Swagnaros is more consistent and works with everyone, but Illidan has a special place in Warlock decks. Take both if you can.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]