How do you counter UTH combos?

04/10/2014 05:43 AMPosted by Vox
You put in 100 dollars get all the legendaries needed to play "I spent a lot of money" Warror/Druid and pray you get a good draw.

There is no counter to a class that basically has all of the hard removals that so happen to cost absolutely nothing to play.

Such a huge QQ storm, yet as a priest, a single taunt minion & holy nova clears the board.
Reply Quote
04/11/2014 01:26 PMPosted by Paincake
04/10/2014 05:43 AMPosted by Vox
You put in 100 dollars get all the legendaries needed to play "I spent a lot of money" Warror/Druid and pray you get a good draw.

There is no counter to a class that basically has all of the hard removals that so happen to cost absolutely nothing to play.

Such a huge QQ storm, yet as a priest, a single taunt minion & holy nova clears the board.

Too bad...since a priest can only play 1-2 minions an ice trap, deadly shot etc will often clear the whole board as well

What's fun, though, is my shadow form deck. The priest spells usually keep me longer alive than the hunter and shadow form does the job.
The weirdest game was when a hunter had his bow out and 3 traps...and I never attacked and just nuked him with my mind spikes. It took ages but I bet he regretted to have such a low number of creatures in his deck ^^
Too bad, however, that shadow form is crap in most other situations and this is just a fun deck.
Edited by Asmodean on 4/11/2014 4:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It's telling that the major winning moves involve being either a priest or a warrior, since their hero powers balance out the hunter hero power. Allowing you to play a waiting game. Otherwise:

-Flood the board on early turns, and fall prey to explosive trap or UTH.

-Have a few minions, watch them fall to hunter removal.

-Hang back so you can set the board up to your advantage, and let them whittle you down with hero power.

Remind me again how to L2P around all this?
Reply Quote
04/11/2014 03:59 PMPosted by BattleFrog
It's telling that the major winning moves involve being either a priest or a warrior, since their hero powers balance out the hunter hero power. Allowing you to play a waiting game. Otherwise:

-Hang back so you can set the board up to your advantage, and let them whittle you down with hero power.

This ^^
Reply Quote

Make a 12 less minions(do not play them) deck with lots of weapons,damage bursts and draw cards;that way most of their cards would be dead in their hands, then hope to find a hunter on the match making...

Something like this:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/warrior#1:2;50:2;74:2;96:2;161:2;182:2;184:2;303:1;345:2;356:1;493:2;503:1;513:2;602:1;632:2;638:2;644:2;

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/rogue#74:2;82:2;87:2;90:2;135:2;164:2;184:2;205:2;241:1;244:2;303:1;356:2;382:2;433:2;503:1;513:2;602:1;

(All above is crazy stuff,Use it with moderation, effects may vary)
Reply Quote
04/11/2014 11:55 PMPosted by pedroEX

Make a 12 less minions(do not play them) deck with lots of weapons,damage bursts and draw cards;that way most of their cards would be dead in their hands, then hope to find a hunter on the match making...

Something like this:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/warrior#1:2;50:2;74:2;96:2;161:2;182:2;184:2;303:1;345:2;356:1;493:2;503:1;513:2;602:1;632:2;638:2;644:2;

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/rogue#74:2;82:2;87:2;90:2;135:2;164:2;184:2;205:2;241:1;244:2;303:1;356:2;382:2;433:2;503:1;513:2;602:1;

(All above is crazy stuff,Use it with moderation, effects may vary)

Okay, let's say for example you're playing a Warlock. How're you supposed to do that? I know Hunters are good against them but how? Not just Warlock but for any class that isn't built to be 'bursty'
Reply Quote
04/12/2014 12:26 AMPosted by Homicidal
Okay, let's say for example you're playing a Warlock. How're you supposed to do that? I know Hunters are good against them but how? Not just Warlock but for any class that isn't built to be 'bursty'

You simply can't, the game is built in a way that some classes can do some things and others don't.

Try to use the best taunt minions+minions that give taunt, and find a way to heal yourself a lot - sacrificial pact+gadget auctioneer/cult master comes to mind.

You could try this:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/warlock#24:2;36:2;43:2;74:2;131:2;178:2;236:2;303:1;326:2;332:2;340:2;348:2;372:2;482:1;542:2;557:2;

Just to remember above is not tested stuff, so may need tweak or not work as intended.
Reply Quote
If your solution involves a deck packed full of legendaries, that's not a reasonable option for most people. The point here is to avoid having newbies get frustrated and give up in disgust.
Reply Quote
04/12/2014 12:48 PMPosted by BattleFrog
If your solution involves a deck packed full of legendaries, that's not a reasonable option for most people. The point here is to avoid having newbies get frustrated and give up in disgust.

i don't even know if i can call it a solution is just an idea, the legendaries are not mandatory.
Reply Quote
I love how people say play a deck like "this", so the only way to beat a hunter is to play a deck specifically designed to beat them- great so what do I do against other classes?

No class should be so OP that they can only be countered by 'anti-hunter' decks.

Battlefrog summed it up perfectly is their post.
Reply Quote
04/12/2014 01:57 PMPosted by GRB
I love how people say play a deck like "this", so the only way to beat a hunter is to play a deck specifically designed to beat them- great so what do I do against other classes?

No class should be so OP that they can only be countered by 'anti-hunter' decks.

Battlefrog summed it up perfectly is their post.

So you're saying that you shouldn't have to play an anti-rush deck to COUNTER a rush deck? You are saying that you should be able to ignore the meta because you don't particularly like a play style? Remember, hunters aren't the only ones wit ha rush deck, they are just het one that you specifically are complaining about. When facing a, for instance, Murlock deck do you not have to change your strategy or deck to give you a better chance of winning?
Edited by Speedwell on 4/12/2014 2:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Rules of 2 and 5;

No more than 2 minions on the board, unless you can realistically place 5 or more.

If it's 2 minions, make sure they can do at least 5 damage between them. More is great, less isn't going to keep up with hero power and the 'filler' damage.

If 5 or more, make sure they can do at least 2 damage, so that you can clean up whatever is left, as odds are anything that's survived a UTH combo won't have more than 3hp.

That's the strong point. Mainly, though, playing Cycle, my biggest problems come from being forced to play my combos or pieces of my combos early. It's easy to put on the observer bias and call it bs, but unless you've gone through the frustration of feebly banging on a Control Warriors armor every round, Dying to fatigue facing a priest that's just outlasted you, or sent waves of dogs into stoneclaw totems, just to get lava burst'd in the face, well, you just don't get it.

It is a powerful deck. And it's power comes from the fact that it's a huge box of answers, and we need our opponent to ask the right questions. Otherwise we're sitting with a hand full of Hunter's Marks with nothing higher than 1hp to use them on, or 3+ minions with 4hp or more that make multi-shot worthless (Although it's already pretty worthless), or a whole list of things that can trip it up.

Easy to remember the times that a Hunter has 'won more' finishing the round off with a Leeroy to the face, but odds are, that was the only point in the match he would've had a chance to win. For what little comfort that might provide.
Reply Quote
04/12/2014 04:01 PMPosted by Mercerskye
Rules of 2 and 5;

No more than 2 minions on the board, unless you can realistically place 5 or more.

If it's 2 minions, make sure they can do at least 5 damage between them. More is great, less isn't going to keep up with hero power and the 'filler' damage.

[/quote]

Its so hard to play with 2 minions, when they use misdirection you are pretty much screwed since there's no way to avoid it.

At worst he will be using a multi-shot that freezes a minion for 2 mana, at best he will be casting a holyfire on your face for 2 mana.

The only way to soft the results is having a 4+/3+ minion and a 1/3 minion.

Aside from that, thanks for the nice tips.
Reply Quote
Where is your card advantage when they can draw so easily and imidiatly with buzzard?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]