Naturalize

Does anybody run this in their deck?

I feel it's not a good card at all! Sure it costs 1 Mana and is good value for the removal but giving my opponent 2 cards just does not seem worth the risk

Is it worth taking? i want to put some more removal in my deck but every time i look at naturalize i can't add it in just because giving my opponent 2 cards seems like a bad thing to do, i could give him the answer to one of my threats or say its a giants deck and i want to remove a giant .. naturalize might give him another giant or at least give him 2 cards to throw down another one next turn anyway!

That being said it could be used strategically and burn 1-2 of his cards if used when his hand is full

i'm just not sure... give me your thoughts! is this card worth the risk?
Reply Quote
Most people don't play it, but that doesn't mean it's not worth it... A lot depends on the kind of deck you're running and the play style you enjoy.

I don't play it, but there have been a couple of times lately when I wish I had. These mostly pop up very late in games where my opponent and I are trading minions and living 1 or 2 cards at a time... If I had a naturalize tucked away somewhere I might be able to get rid of that taunt minion, drop Leroy, and end it.

But then again, maybe I don't get that far by holding onto that card.

Run it for a bit and see how you like it and how it fits into your deck.
Reply Quote
i keep one to get rid of that one taunt that stops you from killing em or an annoying legendary
Reply Quote
Yes.. Its good. Keep one in your deck and make sure you won't use it unless that :

1. You are about to win and need to remove your opponent's minion that has taunt.
2. There's a legendary that you can't kill losing 2 cards.
3. Your opponent are getting way to ahead in the game than you and has 8~9 cards in his hand, and you feel like you could kill one important minion and put some presure on him
Reply Quote
I'd rather run any other card than Naturalize, it's !@#$ing terrible.
Reply Quote
04/09/2014 09:53 PMPosted by Piviot
i keep one to get rid of that one taunt that stops you from killing em or an annoying legendary

I have also used 1 and only 1 in some druid decks for this purpose
Reply Quote
Let's say my opponent has 10 cards. If I make him draw 2, do they immediately discard or does it wait till his turn for that?
Reply Quote
04/10/2014 11:17 AMPosted by Frankyice
Let's say my opponent has 10 cards. If I make him draw 2, do they immediately discard or does it wait till his turn for that?

If you have 10 cards NOW you lose the next draw immediately
Reply Quote
I play with two naturalize in my murloc deck. I also use two coldlight oracles, which lets each player draw two cards. With this deck, if I don't win by turn 6, things turn out pretty bad for me. Naturalize fits in this deck by clearing a quick path and its cheap as hell to cast. Its been pretty funny that I've made an opponent draw so many cards that he destroys some nice cards because his hand is full.
Reply Quote
When tinkmaster was nerfed I replaced him with a Naturalize in my control druid and it has been filling mostly the same purpose, its less of a gamble than tink usually so its not really as bad as most people think. I basically use it as a last resort to something that would otherwise make me pretty much lose anyway, and its pretty much the only way druid has to kill Ysera without using a ton of cards, so its worth to use 1 just for that.
Reply Quote
Yes i run 2 of those in my milk deck and no other decks ;D
Reply Quote
I haven't tried it much, but wouldn't naturalize work just nicely against a handlock, who's always got at least 9 cards? I reckon it wouldn't be as good against a warrior, or another druid, but it'd still be an option in a desperate situation.
Reply Quote
Well basically its either run Naturalize or auto lose to Ysera. :p
Reply Quote
04/14/2014 07:31 AMPosted by Klaital
Well basically its either run Naturalize or auto lose to Ysera. :p

So you don't run two keep of the grove?

L2 silence.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]