100% winrate, any way to improve?

http://i.imgur.com/QM370zY.jpg

I had 2 keeper of the grove before, but removed them to make room for some cheaper cards.

oh btw, it's 2/2 just wanted your attention :o)

I'm thinking I might need some more carddraw, but any suggestions are welcome.
Reply Quote
Whats your overall strategy? What kind of play-style do you enjoy?

I see a deck that could be fast... But then you also have all the taunt minions in there to play defensive and a control game.

So if you're aiming for a mid-gameish deck it seems like it could be pretty solid.

I know I would want to try and get the Keeper of the Groves in there, if for nothing else than their Silence ability to take down taunts or mage power-ups. But that might not be your play style! :)
Reply Quote
i definitely enjoy control decks more, but with all the rush decks out there I felt it would be important to have some early defense as well. basically i try to get board control from turn 1 with some nice value cards(lepers might be misplaced? dunno what else to pick for 1s), maintain with taunts + swipe and then finish off with commanders. in the screenshot is also all of my neutral legendaries and i have most rare and a bunch of epics. I did love the keepers, but took them out for a wrath and a mark of nature to even up the curve a bit. what would u suggest, taking out yetis and put back keepers? or something else? I always loved yetis, value! starfall wouldnt be bad either, but i dont have it and with only 180 dust i dont know if its really worth the 100.

oh yea, and some carddraw wouldnt be bad either, i seem to get very low on cards fast. maybe take out lepers and add hoarders?
Edited by ivt on 4/8/2014 3:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
What rank has the deck taken you? I am interested in knowing, I want to find a Watcher Deck to play ranked, but it seems like every deck I've seen practically requires things like Rag, which I do not have.
Reply Quote
04/08/2014 03:37 PMPosted by ivt
i definitely enjoy control decks more, but with all the rush decks out there I felt it would be important to have some early defense as well. basically i try to get board control from turn 1 with some nice value cards(lepers might be misplaced? dunno what else to pick for 1s), maintain with taunts + swipe and then finish off with commanders. in the screenshot is also all of my neutral legendaries and i have most rare and a bunch of epics. I did love the keepers, but took them out for a wrath and a mark of nature to even up the curve a bit. what would u suggest, taking out yetis and put back keepers? or something else? I always loved yetis, value! starfall wouldnt be bad either, but i dont have it and with only 180 dust i dont know if its really worth the 100.

oh yea, and some carddraw wouldnt be bad either, i seem to get very low on cards fast. maybe take out lepers and add hoarders?

I'd say take out Argent Squire, Leper Gnome and Shattered Sun Cleric. They're nice cards, but in terms of the overall value of them, they just don't compare to the potential sway you get from Yeti or Druid of the Claw.

Put dem Keepers back in! Their silence can be used against anything scary your opponent whips out, or your Watchers in a pinch. They also make 3/2s cry. I know that puts you at eight 4-mana cards, but it's not as bad as you think.

Mark of Nature isn't such a good card. Replace it with another Wrath. That is a good card.

You seem to be missing Azure Drakes. Please, go ahead.

Argent Commander is good, but for this deck I would look to his brother Sunwalker. A good replacement for Cairne, Sunwalker eats up smaller minions while protecting your own.

And when you get the dust, be sure to swap Stormwind Champion with an Ancient of Lore. Or two. For now, take Ironbark Protector.

Have you heard of Force of Nature/Savage Roar? That's where the Control/Watcher Druid deck gets its final burst of damage after the several painful attacks your beefy minions can deal. If you don't have Force of Nature, don't bother. Get Ancient of Lore first.

Use the dust you have right now to get one Starfall. For me it has been a very very valuable asset in my deck. Replace the two Starfires with Starfall and Sylvanas, they cost too much mana and you get card draw from Thalnos and Azure. All in all:

-2 Argent Squire
+1 Bloodmage Thalnos
+1 Earthen Ring Farseer

-2 Leper Gnome
+2 Keeper of the Grove

-2 Argent Commander
+2 Sunwalker

-1 Mark of Nature
+1 Wrath

-2 Starfire
+1 Starfall
+1 Sylvanas Windrunner

-1 Stormwind Champion
+1 Ironbark Protector

Sorry for this messy and in hindsight somewhat unpleasant post xD
Reply Quote
You might need silence minions. It helps a lot and you could use it on watchers for them to attack freely. Silence minions adds more utility for your deck, well just my thoughts.
Edited by Kimuto on 4/9/2014 3:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/09/2014 02:28 AMPosted by xBobz
I'd say take out Argent Squire, Leper Gnome and Shattered Sun Cleric. They're nice cards, but in terms of the overall value of them, they just don't compare to the potential sway you get from Yeti or Druid of the Claw.

Put dem Keepers back in! Their silence can be used against anything scary your opponent whips out, or your Watchers in a pinch. They also make 3/2s cry. I know that puts you at eight 4-mana cards, but it's not as bad as you think.

Mark of Nature isn't such a good card. Replace it with another Wrath. That is a good card.

You seem to be missing Azure Drakes. Please, go ahead.

Argent Commander is good, but for this deck I would look to his brother Sunwalker. A good replacement for Cairne, Sunwalker eats up smaller minions while protecting your own.

And when you get the dust, be sure to swap Stormwind Champion with an Ancient of Lore. Or two. For now, take Ironbark Protector.

Have you heard of Force of Nature/Savage Roar? That's where the Control/Watcher Druid deck gets its final burst of damage after the several painful attacks your beefy minions can deal. If you don't have Force of Nature, don't bother. Get Ancient of Lore first.

Use the dust you have right now to get one Starfall. For me it has been a very very valuable asset in my deck. Replace the two Starfires with Starfall and Sylvanas, they cost too much mana and you get card draw from Thalnos and Azure. All in all:

-2 Argent Squire
+1 Bloodmage Thalnos
+1 Earthen Ring Farseer

-2 Leper Gnome
+2 Keeper of the Grove

-2 Argent Commander
+2 Sunwalker

-1 Mark of Nature
+1 Wrath

-2 Starfire
+1 Starfall
+1 Sylvanas Windrunner

-1 Stormwind Champion
+1 Ironbark Protector

Sorry for this messy and in hindsight somewhat unpleasant post xD

thanks for this, it helped me out a lot - i do get down to 10-15 health vs rush decks unless i get lucky on my starting hand(or straight out lose if i get really unlucky) lotsa times. but its kinda rewarding to have a rusher concede when he is 30 life to my 10 also, and those taunts start working.
Reply Quote
No problem :) Just remember, against those rush decks, you need to be on the offensive sometimes as well, otherwise, when he presents an opening, he will have too much health for you to burst him down.
Reply Quote
what rank are you bro
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]