Deck Critiquing Time!

It mean the world to me if someone would be kind enough to rate my deck. I'll rate yours too, for what it's worth. Thanks everyone.

http://www.hearthhead.com/deck=38445/the-five-turn-exploding-heart-technique

Elven Archer x2
Acidic Swamp Ooze x2
Crazed Alchemist x2
Murloc Tidehunter x2
Acolyte of Pain x2
Big Game Hunter
Scarlet Crusader x2
Dark Iron Dwarf
Gnomish Inventor x2
Frostwolf Warlord x2

Rockbiter Weapon x2
Stormforged Axe x2
Flametongue Totem x2
Lava Burst x2
Bloodlust x2
Fire Elemental x2

The Crazed Alchemist combos with the Elven Archer, the Rockbiter, and the Axe. Essentially, those with 0 attack die; those with 1 can be sniped; those with 2 or 3 respectively can be chopped or cleaved. Lots of good synergy, this works all the way up to turn 4. Murlocs are nice for sandwiching a Flametongue between them or stacking them side by side. Get creative with placement, it matters. Scarlet Crusader is the FT Totem's best friend. Acolytes of Pain can be comboed with the Archers in a tight squeeze, and then the Inventors will take you the rest of the way home. Dark Dwarf makes a nice combo with the BGH, though rare.

Last but not least your finishers are gonna be either the double or single Lava Burst and Bloodlusts, which combo well with... well... lots of things. (That's 6 mana for 10 damage! Wowie zowie!)
Edited by Jeckles on 4/9/2014 2:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hi there!

It's a nice start, but you are missing a lot of staple shaman cards. Also some things lack synergy, for example your murlocs are alone.

Also, you don't need many 2-cost minions in a shaman deck (thats what totems are for) and you are missing earth shock, lightning storm and lightning bolt.

I presume you are on a budget?

May I recommend the following:

Argent Squire x2
Acidic Swamp Ooze x2
Imp Master x2
Acolyte of Pain x2
Big Game Hunter
Spirit Wolves x2
Dark Iron Dwarf
Senjin Shieldmasta
Gnomish Inventor x2
Frostwolf Warlord x2

Rockbiter Weapon x2
Stormforged Axe x1
Flametongue Totem x2
Lava Burst x1
Bloodlust x1
Lightning Bolt x2
Lightning Storm x2
Fire Elemental x2

To explain: argent squire is the best 1 cost minion for shaman, your best start is in fact AS, Flametongue - gives you a 3/1 with divine shield. I removed all the 2 drops except acid. Acolyte is fine for card draw, although some people prefer mana tide. Spirit Wolves are awesome, despite the overload. Senjin Gives you some more taunt. Imp Master is good with bloodlust and frostwolf warlord (tokens).

This is fairly clost to what you had, but I think it improves a lot.

Eventually you can sub out gnomish inventors for azure drake, and add one legendary (Cairne or Ragnaros work well). Have fun!
Reply Quote
Wow, that's very good. I never would have guessed the Imp Master but that is actually much better. They also don't need to be Murlocs so I see what you're saying. Thank you very much. You were right about me being on a bit of a budget, so some legendary would be a welcome addition.
Edited by Jeckles on 4/9/2014 12:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]