Budget Priest deck; Turn 3, a charging 20/20

This is a budget deck, it won't get you to rank 5 by any means. I have yet to come across a deck that will get you as far with so few rare and no legendaries or epics.

The deck:

holy smite x2
inner fire x2
power word: shield x2
Northsire cleric x2
Divine Spirit x2
Shadow word: Pain x2
Lightwell x2
Shadow word death x1
Acolyte of pain x2
Injured blade master x2
Light Spawn x2
Mogu'shan Warden x2
Holy nova x2
Azure Drake x2
Gurubashi Berserker x1
Ysera x1
Mind Control x1

I just got Ysera, other cards you could replace him with is: mind control, circle of healing, or a berserker. The next legendary I want is pat nagle. I played this deck at the end of last season, climbed up to rank 15 in a few days with an 80% win rate. Would of gotten higher if i had more time.

The idea is to have have as much control as possible and defense then using +health in combo with inner fire to drop a monster. You typically will be able to bait out a lot of removal on draw (since this deck has a lot). If they kill your two inner flame creatures you have a berserk and ysera to finish.

I've gotten a 20/20 on turn three a few times. Turn 1 lightwell, turn 2 divine spirit on light well, turn 2 divine spirit on light well, and then inner fire. A 10/10, 8/8, or 6/6 on turn 3 isn't uncommon.
Edited by Crow on 4/11/2014 8:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Forget it with amount of silences and rush decks you won't be consitently winning past R15. No point running blademasters if you don't run CoH either.
Reply Quote
04/11/2014 06:42 AMPosted by PlayToWin
Forget it with amount of silences and rush decks you won't be consitently winning past R15. No point running blademasters if you don't run CoH either.

This, in a nutshell. It's a nice thought though.
Reply Quote
I've found most silences get baited out on early draw in this deck. That might changes as a get higher. Removal and high life beats most rush decks at my level, that too will probably change as i climb.

This isn't intended as a 5+ deck, it's a cheap way to push up fairly high,.
Reply Quote
I remember when a priest pulled the 10/10 lightwell on me when I was on my warrior. I used Brawl on 5 mana, won out, and quickly smashed his face in. And my deck wasn't very good. :)

I'm just not a big fan of any combo that depends on Inner Fire & Divine spirit. Too much that can go wrong even IF you get a minion to stick on the board for a turn and get both cards in your hand. I'm not convinced it will even push you up 10 ranks quickly.
Reply Quote
Inner fire combos require investing way too much cards into creature that might just get silenced. If it does, you just lost then and there.

Blademaster + CoH actually at least leaves a minion that must be removed.
Reply Quote
I understand inner fire combos are typically bad. This deck runs 4 creatures that require inner fire alone to be a monster. It also has a few other finishers apart from the inner fire combo. If they blow all their cc on inner fire creatuers you probably kept your draw and still have light wardens and berserkers

I think you guys are misunderstanding the point. I have yet to find another deck that runs so few rares and no legendaries/epics that can get as far.
Edited by Crow on 4/11/2014 8:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
For Priest? Yeah, probably, such is the current state of the class. But then, there's a mage deck floating around with a couple epics and a couple rares that has made Legendary. Trump's F2P mage deck. Priest in general is just in sorry shape so far as the meta goes right now.
Reply Quote
Seriously, stop with these divine spirit/inner fire combo crap on any high health minion type of decks. Every time I see a lightwell on turn 2 I know what may come up, and it disgusts me that people like yourself ruin the integrity of this class more by playing gimmicky crap like this. It's even worse when you come to forums like these and then post garbage like this saying it's legit enough to get you a high win rate, when you just stated you're hovering around rank 15 which is precisely where all these trash priest decks are... between rank 20-15
Reply Quote
The Inner Fire+Divine spirit combo is ONLY reliable if used on Stormwind Knight.
Reply Quote
04/11/2014 09:58 AMPosted by Tryhard
Seriously, stop with these divine spirit/inner fire combo crap on any high health minion type of decks. Every time I see a lightwell on turn 2 I know what may come up, and it disgusts me that people like yourself ruin the integrity of this class more by playing gimmicky crap like this. It's even worse when you come to forums like these and then post garbage like this saying it's legit enough to get you a high win rate, when you just stated you're hovering around rank 15 which is precisely where all these trash priest decks are... between rank 20-15
I don't know if you just like being rude or have a hard time with reading comp.

This is a budget deck.
Reply Quote
The whole inner fire/divine spirit thing is so obviously telegraphed most good players will see it coming a mile away. Yeah, it'll help you up to around Rank 15ish but after that you will have almost zero success with it. And then those just become wasted slots in your deck.
Reply Quote
It is understood this deck won't get me far past rank 15. The point there aren't a lot of decks especially priest that can take you to 15 w/o any legendaries or epics
Reply Quote
I'm not sure if you understand that posting a losing deck does not gain you favor rate with people.
Reply Quote
04/12/2014 08:26 AMPosted by KidTaylorIII
I'm not sure if you understand that posting a losing deck does not gain you favor rate with people.
Cause everyone should drop $100, play for 6 months in order to have a top 5 deck, or not play at all.
Edited by Crow on 4/12/2014 11:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
If you want a good budget deck, include solid basic, common and rare minions and avoid the inner fire gimmicks. Inner Fire/Divine Spirit is NOT a good enough reason to include Mogu'shan Warden over Sen'jin Shieldmasta.

Why? Because if you don't have the combo you might as well not have Mogu'shan either since it get's knocked over for free a lot of the time. Your minions have to be able to do something without the dream combo, because the dream combo is going to be exactly that most of the time: A dream.
Reply Quote
04/12/2014 07:45 AMPosted by Crow
It is understood this deck won't get me far past rank 15. The point there aren't a lot of decks especially priest that can take you to 15

http://imgur.com/wDqZ3wP

Rank 15 with an almost basic deck in a fresh new acc, and omw to further. :)
Reply Quote
04/12/2014 10:50 AMPosted by Crow
04/12/2014 08:26 AMPosted by KidTaylorIII
Cause everyone should drop $100, play for 6 months in order to have a top 5 deck, or not play at all.

It takes neither to comprise a proper deck that can get you past Rank 15 and beyond -- only need to craft a few good rares like Defender of Argus, Shadow Madness, etc.
Reply Quote
Why is everyone being so rude to the poor guy. Crow, if you are enjoying yourself, my hats off to you. Everybody has to start somewhere, and not everyone has 10+ legendaries and all common rare epic cards in the game.

I played something similar a while ago. But I did not use inner-fire. I just used gurubashi/oasis snapjaw with crazed alchemist and div spirit. My whole deck was not geared toward it, but I did catch games with 20+ damage in one turn.
Reply Quote
It wasn't a bad one, any reasonable deck bring you to Rank 15, then you have to push a little harder.

Without mass of higher cost card, Priest would not able to go over Rank 10.

Warlock can just use base chess deck even until top 200 still have about 50/50 shoot or little higher.

Remember, it is one for one start all the way, priest has only 43% winning rate, giving the rank of 25, a priest should be end up with around 10 Rank and stop there, which it is quite true.

The winning and losing is not depend on how good you are, but depend on the time you pick up to play. A good run Push me from 14 to 8 in 3 hours and just stay there around.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]