Sick of companion RNG and need help replacing

Hai there :3

Title says it all really, I play a late game oriented combo hunter deck in my rotation (not the mindless face or 100% UTH reliant ones) and im currently bouncing between ranks 4 and 7 depending on what's in the meta and my state of sobriety when playing. I have found hunter to be the most enjoyable and easily one of the hardest to play perfectly, but the variance is huge and I want to reduce this by cutting animal companion.

Problem is I don't really know what with, I want something with impact that can help early game but that isnt dead after turn 7.

Greatly appreciate everyone's input and would REALLY not like this post to become a UTH flame fest.
Reply Quote
hard to know what to suggest without a deck list
Reply Quote
i think the beast is an under rated card, especially if you run rhino. its not amazing, but at seven health its not easy to remove efficiently, and can really put pressure on.

i think ragnaros improves any non rush deck

mukla is also great in a lot of non aggro hunter decks. turn three mukla ->turn 4 hound master is pretty dmn amazing.
Reply Quote
I thought youd say that, I'll do what I can from memory because I'm on my tablet right now.

2x Hunters Mark
2x Tracking
2x Flare
2x Timber Wolf
2x Boar
2x Buzzard
2x UTH
2x Explosive
2x Freezing
2x Companion
2x Bow
1x Deadly shot
2x Houndmaster
1x Leeroy
2x Highmane

Tech such as BGH, elven archer and BK gets swapped in n out depending on the meta,

Dont have beast and he gets big gamed, highmane is a really strong card on 6 already, mukla I dont have but its interesting, need something else alongside though, though it also !@#$s the zoo matchup because of how bananas change the math of the board.
Edited by Fake on 4/10/2014 2:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
If you lose companion you are losing a viable target for houndmaster which will lower his effectiveness. Honestly if you wanted to move into more control, 2x misdirection. That card is unfair when you have nothing on the board. It completely fogs an attack, has potential to suicide 2 minions into each other, and worse case your opponent eats the damage giving you even more tempo.

This is my ideal control list, I dont even have all the cards because I hate hunter and walk all over cookie cutter builds

2x Tracking
2x Timberwolf
1x Flare
1x Boar
1x Hunters mark
2x Buzzard
2x UTH
2x Explosive
2x Misdirection
1x Freezing
2x companion
2x bow
2x kill command
2x deadly
1x Leeroy
2x Auctioneer (this card is BEYOND under rated in hunter)
2x Highmane
1x King Krush

Auctioneer + tracking, hunters mark, and UTH is so much fun it is gross. Turn 7 playing auctioneer into freezing trap, so many options to just get free value out of him.
Reply Quote
Why would you ever replace this card as it it gives you a 4 mana budget minion for the price of 3 mana. You won't get better, even if more consistent.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]