# 13 Legend NA

Hey guys! i just hit the 13 place in the North American ladder using only shaman,just want to share my actual decklist and maybe answer some questions about the cards that i use and how they work in the diferent matchups.

Decklist:http://i.imgur.com/4e5P7rb.png

Thx!
Edited by Yseros on 4/9/2014 11:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
gratz

was the pyromancer very usefull as only 1?
did you had 2 and thought it was to much?
just curious
Edited by NecroFenix on 4/9/2014 11:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm running almost exact same deck (minus the Cairne which I don't have, plus Auctioneer -- and Ooze instead of Harrison) and I'm struggling so hard currently, that I'm considering to leave Shaman altogether in this meta.
So I guess my question is - how do you deal with any type of aggro? I'm facerolling aggro decks with my Druid, but with Shaman it feels impossible. How did you make it work?
Edited by Engra on 4/9/2014 12:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Took it out for a spin, 3-0 so far at rank 8 atm, beat two hunters and one pala control.

Running Sylvanas and Rag instead of Cairne and Al'Akir (simply don't have them), rest's the same.
Seems like a really cool build, running one Pyro, Flametongue, Manatide and Axe looks like a good idea.

Most concerned with hand lock, what are your speculations on the matchup?
Reply Quote
04/09/2014 11:34 AMPosted by NecroFenix
was the pyromancer very usefull as only 1?
did you had 2 and thought it was to much?
just curious

Yeah 2 Wild pyromancers are definetely too much for a shaman,one is usually good enough.

04/09/2014 12:03 PMPosted by Engra
So I guess my question is - how do you deal with any type of aggro? I'm facerolling aggro decks with my Druid, but with Shaman it feels impossible. How did you make it work?

Hunters are a real problem for any kind of shaman,no matter how you built your deck it keep being a really though matchup,the aggro warlocks are easier, shamans have easily the best early game removals so you usually only need to get them to win the game.Other aggro decks like paladin or warrior are not that popular in the ladder.

04/09/2014 12:15 PMPosted by Rint
Most concerned with hand lock, what are your speculations on the matchup?

Even when i dont keep a track of my personal stats i am pretty sure that i usually beat handlocks with this deck ,wich is kind of interesting considering that is not the most optimal decklist against them,if you really care about this matchup you can replace one lightning storm with lava burst and the Wild pyromancer with Big Game hunter.
Edited by Yseros on 4/9/2014 5:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Grats on Legend/Rank13 man. I see a lot of streamers have problems playing shaman, and even the non-streamers just struggle ranking up playing it. Is there anything you do differently in certain matchups that you notice others not doing? Also, do you play around unleash by not toteming/only keeping 2 or so minions on the board? Or do you ignore it and play normally?
Reply Quote
Congratz, your deck is not so different than any other shaman control, so you must be a good player to reach that rank.
Reply Quote
I don't have Harrison Jones or Cairne. I'll probably try switching out Sylvanas instead of Cairne, but what would be a good replacement for Jones? Not many cards like him that I can think of
Reply Quote
I tweak my deck depending on which rank I'm actually in. Changing it up can really throw off other players. Sure his deck is similar to control Shaman, but it has a few very specific tweaks to it.

I've considered using a burst type shaman with 2 flame tongue, Leroy, and Al'Akir. But I don't like the mentality of if you can't beat 'em join em. So I'm trying to make the control style work more. And Al'Akir with Ancestral spirit would be a good combo. Because he comes right back and bam! I haven't actually tested it out aside from my arena run where I was 12-0 with. Wild Pyro is good though. Nicer than hoping for a SP+ totem.

I saw this deck. And had something like it. I don't like the WF though. http://hearthstoneplayers.com/list-legend-shaman/

But there's two ways you can play Shaman. Control (more fun, to me) or burst like the above build.

Congrats on reaching Legend! No easy task.
Reply Quote
04/09/2014 09:09 PMPosted by thewampaking
I don't have Harrison Jones or Cairne. I'll probably try switching out Sylvanas instead of Cairne, but what would be a good replacement for Jones? Not many cards like him that I can think of

ooze is a good choice, its less beefy but also easier to fit inside a turn.
Reply Quote
Hi there, Well done on the rank!!! My deck is similar, but may I ask:

- how well do the unbounds work? I wasnt able to consistently power them up, so I dropped them and took +1 flame tongue and +1 mana tide instead.

- card draw, aren't you a little light with just 1 thalnos, 1 mana tide and 2 azure? There's harrison jones but he won't help versus for example warlock. besides, unless you see a doomhammer, isn't it rare to see a weapon with more than 1 or 2 durability?

- harrison jones, i guess he helps most vs hunter - is it alot easier to beat them with this card? perhaps control warrior too? Since most opponents I see at rank 10-8 are warlock I would be tempted to leave him out.

- no lava burst, How do you handle yeti or senjin? No Faceless, BGH, black knight? How do you handle big minions, particularly control decks where the legendaries keep pouring out and you already used a hex or it didnt draw.

- Defender of argus, is he really so good in shaman deck? Wouldn't senjin be better?

Thanks OP if you can answer my questions, and "well done" one more time.
Edited by FarqTheOrc on 4/10/2014 1:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Lol nice that looks nearly like my Deck.

Well I run ooz instead of Harrison, and auctioneer instead of thalnos. Cause I dont have them :/

Now I have round 1600 dust to spend. Playing shaman only even though I plan to go for a Control Warrior in the long run (missing all important leg's for now).

I wonder which card you think is the better choice for now? Thalnos? And take out the auctioneer for it? Or maybe Harrison and take out ooz and auctioneer and maybe add a Kobold for a quick 2 mana-cost Spell dmg increase?

I dont plan to go for legend simply cause I dont have enough time, but I aim for at least Rank 3 -5 this Season.

For now I tend to say Harrison might be the better choice (simply cause thats the Card that made me drop my Doomhammer cause it seems like most ppl run it now) even though I really like thalnos, its prolly not the most impressiv Legendary but compared to the mana Costs the value is huge imo.

So I would love to know which card you suggest @OP
Reply Quote
Personally I find Thalnos underwhelming with shaman, but he will fit well in other decks, e.g. Mage, Druid.

Just unwrapped a Harrison Jones last night, so I will give him a try for a while...
Reply Quote
I'm not sure about you but I disagree with having 2 Squires since against non aggro matches if you pull them late game it's extreme anti value, especially if you're facing someone whos hero power is deal 1 damage, if you're lucky and put a Flametongue down you can upgrade to Crusaders but other than that they can be pretty annoying as a late game topdeck. But I used to run 2 and can see your motive

Btw, saw you on Trump's stream and congrats on golden Thrall, the totems look so BA!
Reply Quote
04/10/2014 06:28 AMPosted by Homicidal
I'm not sure about you but I disagree with having 2 Squires since against non aggro matches if you pull them late game it's extreme anti value, especially if you're facing someone whos hero power is deal 1 damage, if you're lucky and put a Flametongue down you can upgrade to Crusaders but other than that they can be pretty annoying as a late game topdeck. But I used to run 2 and can see your motive

I dont like the squires too.

But i think its legit in a deck with 2 argus.
Reply Quote
04/09/2014 06:10 PMPosted by Darkdk
Is there anything you do differently in certain matchups that you notice others not doing?

I Find watching other people play shaman in stream a little bit boring,but the most common mistake that i see is a really inneficient use of Earth shock and Hex.

04/09/2014 09:09 PMPosted by thewampaking
but what would be a good replacement for Jones?

Gadgetzan auctioneer,if you want to play Ooze take out 1 argent squire.

04/09/2014 09:51 PMPosted by SylvaCoin
But there's two ways you can play Shaman. Control (more fun, to me) or burst like the above build.

This is the list that i used to hit legend last season:http://i.imgur.com/KmOSgaI.jpg(Al akir is the last card)as you can see is really diferent to the one that i am using right now and it is why i would call a Control Shaman,it use the ancestral spirit+ Al akir,earth elemental,Cairne combo and Faceless manipulator.
Reply Quote
I hit 12th last season, struggling a bit this season. But figure, it will go much better this week. Use a totally different deck :-) Shaman, but different.
Reply Quote
Hos about vs hunters and aggro?
Reply Quote
My current shaman deck is more or less the same as the more controll lookign one you mentioned exept I have a doomhammer and a windfury replacing the 2 lava bursts, just great for bursting the enemy down when they don't expect it. I have gadgetxzan instead of harrison, more reliably good against any matchup, and i just down own harrison :P
Reply Quote
Just realised you don;t run lightning storm, in your old deck, this shocks me since most of the time if i didnt have lightning storms i would really struggle against rush decks i.e every other deck exept for the odd warrior or hadlock
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]