what order do I get legendaries for control?

I have Ragnaros and Cairne at the moment and 1.6k dust sitting. In what order should I get the rest of the legendaries?
Reply Quote
Alex is by far the most important. Because you'll rarely be dealing early damage to your opponent, she single-handedly halves the amount of damage your finishers need to deal.
Reply Quote
I still say Grom is the linchpin of control. With him and an Inner Rage/Cruel Taskmaster, you really only need to deal 18 damage and survive till turn 8/10. And turtling/survivng is what control warrior excels at.
Edited by Phoenix on 4/16/2014 3:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/16/2014 03:33 AMPosted by Phoenix
I still say Grom is the linchpin of control. With him and an Inner Rage/Cruel Taskmaster, you really only need to deal 18 damage and survive till turn 8/10. And turtling/survivng is what control warrior excels at.

Dealing 18 damage isn't, hence the Alex.
Reply Quote
Dealing 18 damage isn't, hence the Alex.

That won't matter, since after summoning Alex you will still need to deal almost the same amount of damage. And there's no guarantee your opponent won't just heal right away. But Grom can also be used in midrange decks, hence I prefer him. The OP only has Rag and Cairne so far, it's not like his deck will be a pure control any time soon. Easy enough to fill it with good sturdy creatures and midrange threats that will take care of the opponent's health until Grom comes into play.
Edited by Phoenix on 4/16/2014 5:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
okay so i now have enough for 2. I need to pick between Grom, Alex Ysera and Baron
Reply Quote
04/16/2014 09:12 AMPosted by martinceld
okay so i now have enough for 2. I need to pick between Grom, Alex Ysera and Baron

As you can notice from our discussion with Studoku, Grom and Alex are pretty much equally important ;) They form your main combo, the one that you wait to come into your hand so that you can finish off the opponent. The rest of the legendaries are only included to support this pair.
Reply Quote

If you have enough for 2 Grom and Alex. Most lists don't run Ysera anymore.

If you only want to make 1 Grom. There is no card more important to Warrior Control than Grom.
Reply Quote
04/16/2014 10:37 AMPosted by Phoenix

As you can notice from our discussion with Studoku, Grom and Alex are pretty much equally important ;) They form your main combo, the one that you wait to come into your hand so that you can finish off the opponent. The rest of the legendaries are only included to support this pair.

04/16/2014 11:54 AMPosted by Stickyboots

If you have enough for 2 Grom and Alex. Most lists don't run Ysera anymore.

If you only want to make 1 Grom. There is no card more important to Warrior Control than Grom.

okay so grom and alex. then after that baron or ysera first?
Reply Quote
actually i think by that time the meta might have changed and the build as well. ill just find out when the time comes i guess
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]