Legend rank Aggro Rogue deck

Hello fellow rogue players, i just hit legend with what i think is a pretty innovative rogue deck, and so i want to share it with you guys, because i think that the rogue class have a lot of unused potential and want to see more people playing rogue. Thanks for your attention and enjoy. :D

Deck: http://postimg.org/image/53i6q3ghh/
Proof: http://postimg.org/image/rzv0m68tx/

edit: posting new, slower version of the deck, that is better against midrange and control decks, can beat the kolento hunter decks and zoo but for zoo need good draws.

Deck: http://postimg.org/image/9v5hnywbt/
Edited by Bless on 4/19/2014 1:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Congrats on the ranking! Just lost to a similar deck myself, was a pretty close game with me as miracle. :-)

Think I might give this a try.

Any tips on what to do with different classes? Seeing as this lacks the card draw of a Zoo Lock, how would you know when to unload your hand?
Reply Quote
For tips, against hunter i just rush them down, don't even bother playing around UTH, have more wins than loses against them. Against zoo you need both backstabs or you lose. For druids you play around their hero power by not playing one 1 health minion alone, and watch out to not be overexposed to a swipe, but druid is the hardest match up, especially the ramp ones that run healing touch, if facing a lot of them might be good to put a BK in the deck. Didn't faced much control warriors, but against them just played normally and the winrate is about 50%, depends on who gets lucky draws. Against handlocks you need BGH, but i wasnt facing any so i took it out and added a scrub.

For card draws, you either kill the opponent before running out of cards or lose, i used to run sprint but it was too slow and i took it out. You basically need to mulligan for the cards that you will use during the game and be somewhat lucky on the draws. This deck is intended to win by turn 7 or 8 and if it goes further you will probably lose.

The way this deck is played is to establish board control at turn 1 and 2 and manage to get the opponent health low, then burst it down with cold bloods and finish with nightblades and argent commanders, or leeroy, plus sinister strike and whatever you got. Sinister strike is also used to activate combos. I hope i answered you questions, have a nice day. :)
Reply Quote
I have every card you listed in your deck except Van Cleef & bloodnight. Are there any alternatives to them that would work?
Reply Quote
04/16/2014 03:16 AMPosted by MadJohnny
I have every card you listed in your deck except Van Cleef & bloodnight. Are there any alternatives to them that would work?

Any good 3 mana minion, actually i've used scarlet crusaders on the early version of the deck and they are pretty good, especially against control warriors. Harvest golens are also good but i pick scarlet because of the extra attack.
Reply Quote
I tried the same deck (I dont have blood knight so use defias instead which work quite well with knife juggler anyway) and ive not lost so far (its been close :p)

its fun, ill play it in ranked untill I lose ^^
Reply Quote
wow theres no deadly poison in this deck XD maybe thats the new rogue meta. it seems to work
Reply Quote
04/17/2014 12:21 PMPosted by RobotViking
wow theres no deadly poison in this deck XD maybe thats the new rogue meta. it seems to work

I swaped them for sinister strikes, you can sinister strike plus si:7 on turn 4, very good against zoo.

edit: as an update, i took out the squires for a sprint and another scrub.
Edited by Bless on 4/17/2014 1:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Ha-ha tried this - 4 cards lost every game almost like the machine matched me with people who would have a answer to everything i do.
Reply Quote
04/17/2014 02:41 PMPosted by D0peuk
Ha-ha tried this - 4 cards lost every game almost like the machine matched me with people who would have a answer to everything i do.

If facing a lot of control decks it's better to play miracle rogue, this one is to when the meta is zoo and hunter heavy.
Reply Quote
Nicely done!!!
Reply Quote
I wonder if the deck would be better with poison instead of sinister though... but I doubt it
Reply Quote
Congratz but Im so sad that everyone has to go aggro to compete. Blizzard what are you doing????
Reply Quote
04/18/2014 12:42 AMPosted by RobotViking
I wonder if the deck would be better with poison instead of sinister though... but I doubt it

I tried other versions now at legend and i'm having sucess with one that has deadly poison, will post it soon.

04/18/2014 08:21 AMPosted by Kultissim
Congratz but Im so sad that everyone has to go aggro to compete. Blizzard what are you doing????

I must agree, hunters and warlocks are broken, everyone hates the current meta.
Reply Quote
04/18/2014 10:48 AMPosted by Bless

TBH I would hate it even more if Hunter and Zoo weren't around, because it's good that there are decks that don't rely that much on legendaries. If control reigned supreme you'd basically be forced to buy packs to get the required legendaries and honestly I'm quite impressed and happy that Blizzard isn't pushing the game in that direction, even allowing people to get legendaries from nax.
Reply Quote
04/18/2014 10:55 AMPosted by Pugnator
04/18/2014 10:48 AMPosted by Bless

TBH I would hate it even more if Hunter and Zoo weren't around, because it's good that there are decks that don't rely that much on legendaries. If control reigned supreme you'd basically be forced to buy packs to get the required legendaries and honestly I'm quite impressed and happy that Blizzard isn't pushing the game in that direction, even allowing people to get legendaries from nax.

Yeah this is one of the reasons why i play aggro, i only have a few legendaries. But still, those classes are broken, they should be able to win against control but not always, they should be balanced.
Reply Quote
This deck is awesome! went from rank 11 to 6 today
very fast games too
thank you, Bless!
Reply Quote
Good deck, probably the only card I don't like is Edwin. Feels like Mukla would work better.
Reply Quote
04/19/2014 09:38 AMPosted by VSarius
Good deck, probably the only card I don't like is Edwin. Feels like Mukla would work better.

Yeah probably, but i don't have mukla, but what's important is to put something big on the field on turn 2 or 3.
Reply Quote
04/18/2014 11:06 AMPosted by Bless
they should be able to win against control but not alway

They don't really always win against control though. Honestly I think Zoo and non Midrange Hunter are overrated. I dont really have that much of an opinion on Midrange Hunter because it's relatively new to the metagame, but it seems to have the potential to be broken.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]