Buff to Priest required

So, I have been checking out hearthstats (just signed up, it looks a good website) and it appears that all the classes are much of a muchness in percentage wins - all apart from Priest.

I know it must be hard to create a totally balanced game with 9 classes, but the goal surely is to get them all to between say 48% and 52% win rate in constructed by top players (ideally 50% but that will be pretty tough!). To me it looks like you are pretty much there except for priest which is lagging so far behind at 44%

Do something Blizzard!
Reply Quote
I'm sure they know, its been a topic of discussion. But its hard to buff without an overbuff....

Maybe if lightspwan was also immune to Silence?

lol
Reply Quote
04/18/2014 02:58 PMPosted by Boss44
But its hard to buff without an overbuff....

it would be interesting to see if the "4 attack hole" were closed in their removal cards - that alone could be a huge boost to the class.
Reply Quote
Lightspawn immune to silence! That would be horrific! Horrifically fun :)

without making the deck OP, perhaps mind vision would let you chose a card from the opponents hand (much like tracking lets you chose a card) - plus you spy what your opponent has! Could be fun.

small tweaks to some of the less poweful cards - I'm not suggesting we make Valen a 10/10 or anything.
Reply Quote
Deal damage to a minion equal to their attack - 3 mana.

Wouldn't this spell be cool for priests? I don't think it's too strong since it's a pretty situational removal while for example hex isn't, but requires you to do a damage to a token. Anyways, I think this would be a nice spell in addition to the death word spells which can't deal with 4 attack minions. This card also only deals with 4/4s (or 4/5s if you have spell damage +1), but also has quite some synergy with inner fire.

BTW it's unlikely that they buff the current cards. It's better to hope for viable new cards that can make Priest viable again. Same for mage. (RIP ice mage)
Edited by Incapable on 4/18/2014 3:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/18/2014 03:15 PMPosted by CagedTiger
without making the deck OP, perhaps mind vision would let you chose a card from the opponents hand (much like tracking lets you chose a card) - plus you spy what your opponent has! Could be fun.

That would be kinda insane.

Slightly less game breaking would be if thoughtsteal / mind games / mind vision - actually did *remove* the cards from the opponent's deck / hand.

That being said - this moves the card from being quirky and potentially good, to potentially good for you and crippling to the opponent.
Reply Quote
04/18/2014 02:45 PMPosted by CagedTiger
So, I have been checking out hearthstats (just signed up, it looks a good website) and it appears that all the classes are much of a muchness in percentage wins - all apart from Priest.

I know it must be hard to create a totally balanced game with 9 classes, but the goal surely is to get them all to between say 48% and 52% win rate in constructed by top players (ideally 50% but that will be pretty tough!). To me it looks like you are pretty much there except for priest which is lagging so far behind at 44%

Do something Blizzard!

I think that they should just buff more neutral cards, provide more card draw options and make a lot of things that would just synergize with a priest.
Reply Quote
the 4 attack hole is what is keeping them back. Shadow word pain needs to go to 3 mana and destroy 4 or less, and Shadow word death needs to go to 4 mana
Reply Quote
Any buff to Priest will make it overpowered because there's nothing wrong with the hero.
Reply Quote
04/18/2014 03:37 PMPosted by Shopped
Any buff to Priest will make it overpowered because there's nothing wrong with the hero.

Stats say otherwise
Reply Quote
04/18/2014 03:05 PMPosted by koz
04/18/2014 02:58 PMPosted by Boss44
But its hard to buff without an overbuff....

it would be interesting to see if the "4 attack hole" were closed in their removal cards - that alone could be a huge boost to the class.

New Priest Card: Shadow Word: Agony (3M)

Destroy all enemy minions with 4 attack.

Edit: This was slightly silly...but...as a off the top of my head, it has interesting connotations, if you ask me.
Edited by Verdash on 4/18/2014 3:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
He probably plays Hunter.
Reply Quote
04/18/2014 03:41 PMPosted by CagedTiger
04/18/2014 03:37 PMPosted by Shopped

Stats say otherwise
So show me them.
Reply Quote
04/18/2014 03:49 PMPosted by Shopped
04/18/2014 03:41 PMPosted by CagedTiger

Stats say otherwise
So show me them.

http://hearthstats.net/reports/mar/index.html

Incomplete data, and a raw collection of samples that are "volunteered", but there is quite a significant amount of games played, even for Priests (lowest #, at 18k).
Reply Quote
04/18/2014 03:24 PMPosted by koz
04/18/2014 03:15 PMPosted by CagedTiger

That would be kinda insane.

Slightly less game breaking would be if thoughtsteal / mind games / mind vision - actually did *remove* the cards from the opponent's deck / hand.

That being said - this moves the card from being quirky and potentially good, to potentially good for you and crippling to the opponent.

Lol at "slightly less game breaking". Could you imagine a rogue combo deck after taking their Leeroy! or hunter with no UTH! Haha! I like it! there needs to be a comic relief class/ frustrate the pants off your opponent and those changes will do it!
Reply Quote
The warrior I just faced might disagree on Priests being underpowered, but that might just be because I was wrecking shop with Gruul (mine) and a Gorehowl that I borrowed.
Reply Quote
Won't help priest's problems but I'd love a buff to Velen. The few games where he wins alone vs hunter makes you feel like you are controlling Gandalf on the bridge.
"6 mana 6/6 cannot be deadly shot!" is thanks.
Reply Quote
04/18/2014 03:50 PMPosted by Verdash
...So show me them.

http://hearthstats.net/reports/mar/index.html

Incomplete data, and a raw collection of samples that are "volunteered", but there is quite a significant amount of games played, even for Priests (lowest #, at 18k).

Thanks Verdash, I should have put that link in my original post
Reply Quote
Underrepresented =/= underpowered.
It's underrepresented because it isn't a Warlock or Hunter. Not because it's a bad hero. Like I said, if it were buffed, it would be overpowered.
Reply Quote
04/18/2014 03:54 PMPosted by Yagami
Won't help priest's problems but I'd love a buff to Velen. The few games where he wins alone vs hunter makes you feel like you are controlling Gandalf on the bridge.
"6 mana 6/6 cannot be deadly shot!" is thanks.

I like the imagery! Esp when in shadow form - that is so gandalf!

I was thinking a potential buff would be to change the temple enforcer to 5 mana and have it a 5-5 with the same battle cry. It will work better with lightspawn that way and give a powerful minion quicker to priest.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]