Buff to Priest required

04/18/2014 04:02 PMPosted by CagedTiger
I was thinking a potential buff would be to change the temple enforcer to 5 mana and have it a 5-5 with the same battle cry. It will work better with lightspawn that way and give a powerful minion quicker to priest.
And that will force priests into trying to play lightspawn and then they'll get destroyed and try to run inner fire to rekindle it when silenced and in the end it will still suck. 5-6 for priest is so extremely overcrowded. I don't think that buff will help much so let's not waste potential buffs on that.
Legendaries are 6. Auchenai hero power is 6. Blademaster cleric heal is 6. Cabal is 6. Holy fire as bad as it is, is 6. You can change enforcer guy at 5 I guess. It's something..
Velen at 5 will be awesome but kinda out of flavour.
Reply Quote
04/18/2014 03:57 PMPosted by Shopped
Underrepresented =/= underpowered.
It's underrepresented because it isn't a Warlock or Hunter. Not because it's a bad hero. Like I said, if it were buffed, it would be overpowered.

I'm not sure about overpowerd. They're certainly obnoxious to play against, though (half of what makes them so fun to play). If they had removal that was effective against every type of minion, that would bring them to pre-nerfed Mage levels of frustration. You're quite right though that just because they're not being played doesn't make them weak. Some of the other classes are just too OP and make them look worse by comparison. Same thing happens in Warcraft every raid tier.
Reply Quote
It's underrepresented because it isn't a Warlock or Hunter. Not because it's a bad hero. Like I said, if it were buffed, it would be overpowered.

Yeah but can you doubt it is a correlating effect? If a class is underpowered it naturally implies that it will become underrepresented. Buffing it would mean more people would be willing to try out playing priest. How is that a bad thing?
Reply Quote

It's underrepresented BECAUSE it's underpowered. People don't want to play it because it's a weak class. The stats show win % AND amount played, not just amount played.

If you don't want to believe those stats that's fine, just look at major tournaments. There has only been a single Priest in the top 4 of any tournament that I know of since the Mind Control nerf while every other class has been represented on a fairly regular basis in the top ranks.
Edited by Slade on 4/18/2014 4:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/18/2014 04:11 PMPosted by Yagami
04/18/2014 04:02 PMPosted by CagedTiger
I was thinking a potential buff would be to change the temple enforcer to 5 mana and have it a 5-5 with the same battle cry. It will work better with lightspawn that way and give a powerful minion quicker to priest.
And that will force priests into trying to play lightspawn and then they'll get destroyed and try to run inner fire to rekindle it when silenced and in the end it will still suck. 5-6 for priest is so extremely overcrowded. I don't think that buff will help much so let's not waste potential buffs on that.
Legendaries are 6. Auchenai hero power is 6. Blademaster cleric heal is 6. Cabal is 6. Holy fire as bad as it is, is 6. You can change enforcer guy at 5 I guess. It's something..
Velen at 5 will be awesome but kinda out of flavour.

Temple enforcer at 5 sounds even better once you've listed all those turn 6 plays, and would be a good minion to play with a lightspawn or a plain chillwind yeti.

I like your shadow word agony idea too - a bit silly but can see your opponents face as his azure drake, druid of the claw and chillwind yeti die the same turn for 3 mana. Haha
Reply Quote
Some easy fixes which wouldn't change the playstyle of the class

1. 4 Strength blindspot
Shadow Word: Pain affects creatures with str 4. Mana cost increase to compensate for that

2. Mind Games
Either the card should trigger the minions battlecry and/or minions of casting cost 2 or less shouldn't be targeted by the card. I removed the card because of that. It is basically wortheless

3. Shadow Form

Two big problems:

1. Lack of synergy with other priest cards. Being able to switch in and out of shadow form (like in WoW) would fix that

2. The mana cost. Casting and using it costs you 1 turn on in early game or half a turn later (if you want to activate it). The gain is minimal. Often you can only cast it when you are winning anyway. Then you don't need the card at all. Suggestion: the mind spike in the turn after casting it should be free.
Reply Quote
Having a 3 mana 2/3 minion that prevents enemy 4+ atk creatures from attacking would be interesting. It would slow down the game a bit and give priests more opportunities to play high mana cards.
Reply Quote
Make mindgames spawn creatures only from your own deck that way we don't have to rely on !@#$ty rng.
Reply Quote
The class is a bundle of annoyance as it is. I don't think Blizz should buff anything priest related as long as the class is such a buzz kill to play against.
Reply Quote

You didn't even look at that site, did you?

Yes, Priests are underrepresented compared to other classes. That's not the point. 18,000 games reported is still a fair number.

The point is that Priests have the worst win rate of all classes. They are terrible both in constructed and arena. They have a 43.67% win rate in constructed, and a 41.79% win rate in arena. That is not underrepresented, that is flat out bad performance. Because the class is weak.

No amount of players avoiding Priests will produce such horrible results. The next worst class in constructed has a full 4% higher win rate, which puts at least in shouting range of the desired 50/50 win/loss split. At least in arena Warlocks are also awful, although a couple of points ahead of Priests.

In constructed, the Priest's most favorable match-up is against. . . another Priest, with a 50% win rate by definition. That's really sad - not only is the class poor overall, but it's not even situationally good against any other class. Every other class beats up on Priests and takes their lunch money.
Reply Quote
Wow... I don't know what Priests are having problems. I know my Priest deck is actually ahead of the curve in wins / losses... and that's without legendary cards. I guess it depends on the build people are using.
Reply Quote
If you look at those stats a little more closely, you'll see that the MAJOR issue with priests appears to be vs. Warlocks and Shamans. Warlocks for their ZOOOOOOO! seems likely, we know that priest can suffer vs aggro. On the other hand, while Shaman does have good aggro, what do they excel at? Early removal. Rockbiter and Lightning Bolt can readily deny priest their first couple of plays, and they're cheap. Soulfire could also be having a similar effect for Warlocks.

Once priest is down a critter or two, they've got a long way to go before they can regain it. SW: Pain is expensive, likely to prevent you from playing a minion the same turn all the way up to 4 or 5. Lock? Soulfire and play a guy on 2 mana. Shaman? Either Rockbiter or Lightning Bolt and a minion on 3. Priest can smite a weaker minion for 2, but that's just not as effective as 4 damage from Soulfire or Lightning Bolt with a side of Wind Totem. And Priest is never getting control back.

Holy Nova is too weak and too expensive, unlikely to clear the board of weak minions without spellpower. And by the time it comes into play your opponent may have your bane, the dreaded Yeti safely in play. The heal to your own minions can counter this... if for some reason your opponent has let them live despite board control. In which case, they are bad. No other multiple target removal outside of a combo gimmick that clears your own board, and probably lets the other guy re-establish board control before you can play much. Nothing efficient in the early game.
Reply Quote
ran into a priest yesterday who somehow had 2 light spawn with 20 hp.. it was so annoying, honestly there are a few wombo combos that make the priest super OP its just a manner on how you draw those cards, this game is entirely on chance tbh
Reply Quote
04/20/2014 02:51 AMPosted by Sithlord223
ran into a priest yesterday who somehow had 2 light spawn with 20 hp.. it was so annoying, honestly there are a few wombo combos that make the priest super OP its just a manner on how you draw those cards, this game is entirely on chance tbh

They're 0/5s if you hit them with a silence. If you didn't bring that or direct removal you deserve the loss :)
Reply Quote
04/19/2014 04:04 AMPosted by PlayToWin
Make mindgames spawn creatures only from your own deck that way we don't have to rely on !@#$ty rng.

So i guess the card renames itself to Mygames.
Reply Quote
Well about those win rates..there are Lies, damned lies, and statistics. unless you have the full breakdown of all the games there is no real way to really interpret that win rate statistic.it could be because it is just so much easier to play a warrior aggro, or merloc/handlock deck that those numbers are skewed. I will agree that there are some serious shortfalls to the priest class. 4 attack minions are just the worst thing to see when you are playing as a priest. if there was another Crazed Alchemist card that would swap attack/health that would help (maybe swap with the attacking card?). I run 2 holy fire's to try and minimize those threats(along with my Crazed Alchemist to enable PW pain/ death) and all sorts of silence. I agree that there should maybe be some thought put into the priest class, but lets see the expansion cards and if we cant make the priest not only hated (OMG 20/20 light spawn or they took my best cards and used them against me!!) but feared!

BTW if you don't want to see a priest take your cards then don't put really great ones in your deck. If you have played at all against priests then you should know that shadow madness, mind vision, thoughtsteal, and mind control are our bread and butter. We don't have a lot of other ways to really make an impact other than using the tools Blizzard gave us.
Reply Quote
Buff priests? Hahahaha.

They only have the most OP basic cards.

Effin' nerf Divine Spirit & Inner Fire and we'll talk.
Edited by Ashiest on 4/23/2014 6:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/23/2014 06:43 AMPosted by Ashiest
Buff priests? Hahahaha.

Both are terrible cards and should be removed all together, and so is lightwarden, mind vision, mind games, mass dispell at least this card might have some potentional with naxx content, and lightwell (well last one is just below average unlike all others who are flat out terrible and inconsistent)
Reply Quote
04/23/2014 06:43 AMPosted by Ashiest
Buff priests? Hahahaha.

dude.

for its stats divine spirit has to hit a 5 hp or higher minion in order to equal a 2 mana minion.

innerfire's not a basic card. it cost's dust.

every class should have at a minimum 4 good removals (see hex)

that's one per priest buff. priest's suck. we need buffs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]