thalnos or the black knight for druid?

I am just now constructing and was wondering which of the 2 (thalnos and TBK) is better/more vital for druid and thus i should craft first?
PS i have ragnaros and cairne already
Reply Quote
Personally, I'd say TBK is the single most critical legendary for Druid. It helps cover the biggest gap.
Reply Quote
Id say thalnos. Unless its heavy control there is not that much need for TBK. Savage druid doesnt need it.

The times you will need a 5/2 damage swipe or a 4 damage wrath are more than when you will get to destroy a big taunter.
Reply Quote
I wrote a big post explaining the differences in why you'd want them, but it got eaten by the system. :[

In short, I'd recommend Thalnos, unless you play ramp.

Druid has the Mark of the Wild + Black Knight combo, yes, but Watcher/Token Druid decks are capable of busting through and ending games before its really needed. Savage Roar is really amazing.

Thalnos provides the cycling to help you find key cards/Force+Roar combo faster, and the spell power does amazing things with Swipe. What's more, Thalnos is also highly desirable by Rogues, Shamans and even Handlocks.
Reply Quote
i run both in my FoN deck, Black knight really helps me vs Tirion or sunwalkers
and blood mage gives the extra spell power i need vs yetis or other 5 hp minions to fully board clear. both are essential.
Reply Quote
couldn't i just run a kobold though? ofcousre i would lose the draw 1 card deathrattle thalnos has but isnt it better to have +1sp from kobold and TBK taunt removal rather than +1sp and card draw?
Reply Quote
04/14/2014 07:19 AMPosted by martinceld
couldn't i just run a kobold though? ofcousre i would lose the draw 1 card deathrattle thalnos has but isnt it better to have +1sp from kobold and TBK taunt removal rather than +1sp and card draw?

Hmmm... I have the bloodmage unlocked and I play a heavy control druid but I don't run him... Should I be?

I'm still using pagle... An easy replacement perhaps.
Edited by Boss44 on 4/14/2014 8:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/14/2014 08:07 AMPosted by Boss44
04/14/2014 07:19 AMPosted by martinceld

Hmmm... I have the bloodmage unlocked and I play a heavy control druid but I don't run him... Should I be?

I'm still using pagle... An easy replacement perhaps.

Well he would help I guess. He really is a useful card, im just not sure if he should be crafted before something with a more unique, game changing ability coz he can be replaced with a kobold for the most part
Reply Quote
Both are very useful to Druid but i would hand down say that The Black Knight is the card that has single handed ly won me the most games.

TBK is simply irreplaceable, I don't care who says what.

Bloodmage IS occasionally useful to get in a 5 damage Swipe or 3 damage Starfall across the board but are literally dozens of instances where I toss out Bloodmage simply to cycle the card or act as a pseudo-Taunt...

BK all the way dude, for seriousmusly.
Reply Quote
Thalnos. TBK isn't even run that much. Thalnos is useful in every deck. The card draw is amazing.
Reply Quote
I got Thalnos first (don't have TBK yet). I'd say he's not amazing, but he can play a role. Not sure how situational TBK is, because I had to change my deck drastically as it was simply too inconsistent. Dead draws from FoN/Savage Roar, Big Game Hunter, Faceless, Lores in first hand, etc. TBK may be a little too situational.
Reply Quote
I have both and I'd recommend you to craft thalnos first, because he's more consistent and good against both aggro and control.

TBK on the other hand is more game changing whenever you kill something big, and it's almost auto win when you do it on turn 5/6. However you don't always find good times to use him, and some decks don't run taunts so you have to drop him as 6 mana yeti, which isn't that terrible later on.
Reply Quote
which one for ramp druid?
Reply Quote
04/15/2014 10:32 PMPosted by martinceld
which one for ramp druid?

Let me put it like this. What's the one thing Druids are really lacking?

Hard removal.

If you play Black Knight on a Senjin or better, this alone will win you the game most times.

It covers Druids biggest gap, while providing enormous tempo.

In light of all the Hunters lately(rank 6-2 currently) I have even subbed out Thalnos for another Ooze) I mean, Thalnos is cool and cantrips but often enough(as in, when it matters the most) you can cast Bloodmage and Swipe/Starfall at the same time. It is good for occasionally boosting Wrath up to 4 damage(or 2) but I find TBK far more invaluable in so many matchups(although it can be a 6 mana Yeti in some games)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]