There's no way to counter mind control...

Except to play no big minions. He gets a high cost minion and you have no counter. So you're sitting there with hand full of high cost minions. What kind of design is that? An extremely poor one which was not thought out well.

This card either needs to be nerfed or removed. It's an unfair card, an unbalanced card. There's no argument I've seen that can effectively defend the position this card is in anyway not OP.
Reply Quote
04/12/2014 03:24 AMPosted by Glaston
Except to play no big minions. He gets a high cost minion and you have no counter. So you're sitting there with hand full of high cost minions. What kind of design is that? An extremely poor one which was not thought out well.

This card either needs to be nerfed or removed. It's an unfair card, an unbalanced card. There's no argument I've seen that can effectively defend the position this card is in anyway not OP.

There's plenty of ways to play around Mind Control. Here's a few options:

1. Mind Control costs 10 mana and takes one creature, it's their only play for the turn. The only way for Mind Control to be an advantageous play is to steal a single large minion on an otherwise empty board. Take that advantage away by playing either a creature you can effectively deal with (If you're looking to play Rag, for example, save that BGH for this purpose, or your polymorph, or Hex).

2. Utilize the 4 attack power gap in priests natural removals to take board control in the mid game, this makes Mind Control, at best, a desperation move.

3. Counterspell

Just keep in mind that Mind Control is a 2-for-1 card play. If you keep that in mind, it won't be the end of the world.
Reply Quote
L2P
Reply Quote
Reported again. I'm going to report every post of this nature I see by you, Glassy.
Reply Quote
Mind control is weak if they have several minions and that seems to happen all the time.
Most people who don't suck at the game won't play a big minion against a priest on turn 10 if they have no answer if it should be mind controlled.

When I play Paladin for example I try to drop Tirion turn 8, but if I don't get him till later I won't even play him against a priest unless I've got a silence in hand.
Reply Quote
04/13/2014 12:48 AMPosted by Glaston
04/12/2014 07:28 AMPosted by Musikaman
Reported again. I'm going to report every post of this nature I see by you, Glassy.

For? Your feelings getting hurt or sumthin
Your newbie skills are showing. Priest are the weakest class lol. I burst out of laughter, priest is just terrible. If you can't beat it, you're very terrible. Can't change the fact that priest only got less than 45 percent global win rate and close to 40% in arena. If priest are so broken, why not use it and get to higher ranks? I bet you're like rank 20. To be honest, you rarely see priests over rank 10. I'm serious, they are not so good. If you don't know this, you're clearly a beginner. Not much option to counter the mind control, that's true but you deserve that if you lose board control against the weakest class. I kind of feel pity for you.
Edited by Kimuto on 4/13/2014 3:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/13/2014 03:13 AMPosted by Kimuto

For? Your feelings getting hurt or sumthin
Your newbie skills are showing. Priest are the weakest class lol. I burst out of laughter, priest is just terrible. If you can't beat it, you're very terrible. Can't change the fact that priest only got less than 45 percent global win rate and close to 40% in arena. If priest are so broken, why not use it and get to higher ranks? I bet you're like rank 20. To be honest, you rarely see priests over rank 10. I'm serious, they are not so good. If you don't know this, you're clearly a beginner. Not much option to counter the mind control, that's true but you deserve that if you lose board control against the weakest class. I kind of feel pity for you.

Rank 10. Try harder son.
Reply Quote
04/13/2014 03:43 AMPosted by Glaston
... Your newbie skills are showing. Priest are the weakest class lol. I burst out of laughter, priest is just terrible. If you can't beat it, you're very terrible. Can't change the fact that priest only got less than 45 percent global win rate and close to 40% in arena. If priest are so broken, why not use it and get to higher ranks? I bet you're like rank 20. To be honest, you rarely see priests over rank 10. I'm serious, they are not so good. If you don't know this, you're clearly a beginner. Not much option to counter the mind control, that's true but you deserve that if you lose board control against the weakest class. I kind of feel pity for you.

Rank 10. Try harder son.
Show me screenshot on what's your rank, son?
Reply Quote
04/13/2014 03:46 AMPosted by Kimuto

Rank 10. Try harder son.
Show me screenshot on what's your rank, son?

Sure I will. When you provide one first. Cos it's obvious u suck
Reply Quote
<span class="truncated">...</span>Show me screenshot on what's your rank, son?

Look who is talking. People around that rank never complain about mind control. If you think mind control is broken, you probably worst than me.
Edited by Kimuto on 4/13/2014 4:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Look who is talking. People around that rank never complain about mind control. If you think mind control is broken, you probably worst than me.

There's hardly any priests at rank 10 but when they come they use MC and tbh it's broken.

Now when you provide a screenshot of ur rank I will do the same. Otherwise shut it
Reply Quote
<span class="truncated">...</span> Look who is talking. People around that rank never complain about mind control. If you think mind control is broken, you probably worst than me.

There's hardly any priests at rank 10 but when they come they use MC and tbh it's broken.

Now when you provide a screenshot of ur rank I will do the same. Otherwise shut it
lol you got pwn by the weakest class. Try harder. You're embarrassing yourself. Suddenly you go like "provide a screenshot of ur rank and I will do the same". Seems like an escape here. No need for screenshot. I added you, we both can check our ranks at the same time in our friend list. Fair that way. If you going to cancel my friend request, that proves a lot that you're avoiding.
Edited by Kimuto on 4/13/2014 4:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/13/2014 04:14 AMPosted by Glaston
... Look who is talking. People around that rank never complain about mind control. If you think mind control is broken, you probably worst than me.

lol thought so. Not replying huh? I see how it is :P
Reply Quote

lol you got pwn by the weakest class. Try harder. You're embarrassing yourself. Suddenly you go like "provide a screenshot of ur rank and I will do the same". Seems like an escape here. No need for screenshot. I added you, we both can check our ranks at the same time in our friend list. Fair that way. If you going to cancel my friend request, that proves a lot that you're avoiding.

No add was given, pls go away troll.
Reply Quote
<span class="truncated">...</span>lol you got pwn by the weakest class. Try harder. You're embarrassing yourself. Suddenly you go like "provide a screenshot of ur rank and I will do the same". Seems like an escape here. No need for screenshot. I added you, we both can check our ranks at the same time in our friend list. Fair that way. If you going to cancel my friend request, that proves a lot that you're avoiding.

LOL!?! I knew it. You're avoiding. Whoever is reading this, please add him and see if he will add ya... :P You're clearly rank 20. Get outta here. This made my day lol.
Edited by Kimuto on 4/13/2014 5:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote

LOL!?! I knew it. You're avoiding. Whoever is reading this, please add him and see if he will add ya... :P You're clearly rank 20. Get outta here. This made my day lol.

here, one I took a few days ago

http://i.imgur.com/LW0GuhE.png

Now, I'll be waiting for your screenshot.
Reply Quote
04/13/2014 05:54 AMPosted by Glaston
...LOL!?! I knew it. You're avoiding. Whoever is reading this, please add him and see if he will add ya... :P You're clearly rank 20. Get outta here. This made my day lol.

here, one I took a few days ago

http://i.imgur.com/LW0GuhE.png

Now, I'll be waiting for your screenshot.
Post another one. With your friend list on...so I can see your name.
Reply Quote
04/12/2014 03:24 AMPosted by Glaston

How many threads do you need to make about Priest being OP?

EVERY class has "OP" cards. MC is so "OP" a lot of priests only play one.

But to address you, MC is only powerful when you play a powerful card. So bait it out. If a Priest MC's a weak card that's good for you. If a priest MC's a big dude you have a counter to (ex. MC Rag, you counter with BGH), that's also good for you.

Alternatively you can be more aggressive vs. a Priest. If you kill the Priest before turn 10, the MC is completely useless.

TLDR: l2p.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]