necessity of a priest overhaul?

atm priests are weak and for good reason. they're not fun to play against, and if priest was buffed you'd see wider play of priest and much more frustration with fighting them.

maybe, just maybe priest's spells need to be changed in order to make priest more fun to play both as a priest and against one.

I get the feeling the problem lies somewhere around the way mind control, the shadow words, thought steal, and mind vision work. they're all situational and don't feel strong, but make all of the other player's decisions feel like a double-edged sword.

if we want the priest to see wider play esp at higher levels of play it needs to be changed somehow.
Reply Quote
Just make shadow word pain hit 4 attack and less minions and they're fine.

The weakness is that it's not a 1 for all situations card, it doesn't also need the 4 attack gap.
Reply Quote
The true story:

At the beginning, Priest was okay. -->

However, newbies all cry over it and say it is OP. -->

Result, Blizzard nerfed them. -->

Now, Priest is unplayable. But newbies are still crying over it ---->

Hence, we will never see a buff ---->

Forget about this class if you wanna reach beyond rank 10.
Reply Quote
HELL NO, maybe SWD hit 4+, but never SWP! THAT WOULD BE INSANE!

And I don't think Blizzard will try to fix this Gap... They don't even care about our opinions ~~~

04/12/2014 10:22 PMPosted by Jushiro
Just make shadow word pain hit 4 attack and less minions and they're fine.

The weakness is that it's not a 1 for all situations card, it doesn't also need the 4 attack gap.
Reply Quote
04/12/2014 10:31 PMPosted by SkyRainbowM
HELL NO, maybe SWD hit 4+, but never SWP! THAT WOULD BE INSANE!

Usually people explain the reasoning behind their opinions.
Reply Quote
I have a feeling Blizzard is going to use each addition of new cards as a chance to balance classes going forward. That is how it works with most card games, you don't make changes to existing cards you add new things.

I would be very surprised if priests remain dead last after all the Naxx content.
Reply Quote
04/12/2014 10:56 PMPosted by MadJohnny
I have a feeling Blizzard is going to use each addition of new cards as a chance to balance classes going forward. That is how it works with most card games, you don't make changes to existing cards you add new things.

I would be very surprised if priests remain dead last after all the Naxx content.

The five cards that were revealed don't fit into Priest especially well... but I bet you that Zoo Lock is going to find use for some of them. :(
Reply Quote
04/12/2014 10:56 PMPosted by MadJohnny

If they don't close the gap, then Naxx will most likely make life even more miserable - simply because you will see many Eggs, which translates into 4/4 creatures.

Also, the tons of new small creature make me fear that we will see Hearthrush 2.0
Edited by Asmodean on 4/13/2014 4:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/12/2014 11:50 PMPosted by Vorochi
The five cards that were revealed don't fit into Priest especially well... but I bet you that Zoo Lock is going to find use for some of them. :(
Want to Holy Nova the board? I've got a surprise for you!
Reply Quote
The community is making this hard for blizz lol. Now look at priest, most of them are a easy win. There will always be a "weakest/strongest class" when bluffing, nerfing is continuing. This going to be an endless cycle. There is like no way all class have the same global win rate lol.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]