My Pally Deck (S1+S2)

Seeing as how many threads are made asking for advice, I figured I could try my hand to help out a bit by making a little guide to the Paladin. I haven't achieved Legend (yet) but I truly enjoy the Paladin class even though it gets bad rap for being generally weaker than other classes. My hope is to reach Legend rank in season 2, as this time around I'll have the entirety of the month to try to grind a bit and reach that status. Without further ado, let's get into it.

My deck from the previous season, and my newly updated deck will both be posted here. Season 1 I finished at rank 6, which I believe could've been better but I didn't have the time to grind for the entire season, only for about the last two weeks. Below that decklist is my new, current deck I am running for season 2. Currently up to rank 13 but still climbing. Haven't had the chance to play too much this season as I've had a lot to do recently. I took a look at the current meta and thought that bringing in a "Heal-a-Din" would do quite well against the sudden influx of Druid and Rogue decks. Anyways check 'em out and feel free to leave a comment below if you have any questions or suggestions.

BOTH of these decks can be seen played out on my YouTube channel if you want further introspective as to how they work in game. Just search my username (PHxLoki) and you will find them.

The concept for my *Season 1* deck is fairly simple, apply early+mid game board pressure with low cost minions, use the board clears in the deck to help you along, and if it lasts to the late game (which I find it only does half the time) then fall back on your big guns and win in style. With the pressure and cards you will be playing early, you can fool your opponent into thinking that you're running a rush deck, which can bait out a few early removal spells. This isn't a rush deck though, it is more of a midrange/ control hybrid .. thing .. at least that's how it feels.

SEASON 1:

-Argent Squire x2
-Blessing of Wisdom x1
-Argent Protector x2
-Equality x2
-Knife Juggler x2
-Wild Pyromancer x2
-Aldor Peacekeeper x2
-Blood Knight x1
-Harvest Golem x2
-Consecration x2
-Sen'jin Shieldmasta x1
-Spellbreaker x1
-Truesilver Champion x2
-Stampeding Kodo x1
-Abomination x1
-Avenging Wrath x1
-Sunwalker x2
-Lay on Hands x1
-Ragnaros the Firelord x1
-Tirion Fordring x1

That's what I ran during season 1, this deck gave me a lot of success and I was pleased with how it performed. Give it a try if you like, let me know what you think. A few cards I still think are questionable, but I'll try to give my reasoning behind them.

Bloodmage Thalnos: Why run BM in this deck? Well I find that the extra spell damage can be a nice thing with consecrate or AW. Take this situation for example, you have an opponent who has played a Harvest Golem later in the game, along with a few other minions on the board. Play a Wild Pyromancer, BM Thalnos, and give Thalnos a divine shield.. finally follow it up with consecrate, that's 4 damage to all of their minions, as well as bypassing the Golem's deathrattle. Takes 10 mana to pull it off, but I've been there plenty of times and it really is a fantastic combo. Additionally, it's another low mana cost card, but it can often times bait out a silence, or at the least give you a card draw... however this card can easily be replaced by something else though, maybe Sen'Jin, Earthen Ring Farseer, or whatever you feel is necessary.
EDIT: Removed Bloodmage from the deck, needed some solid 1 mana drops. Having zero hurts too much, hence the newly added Argent Squire.

Nat Pagle: Had him in my deck originally, by throwing divine shield on him he was able to draw me a good number of cards and was well protected. However, this took away some board presence and protection for my damage minions, which I didn't like. Thus, I took him out of my deck and replaced him for a Blood Knight, which is working significantly better. I don't recommend Nat in this deck, even though he could be of use, the aggro in the meta is just too much to have a dead card.

Sword of Justice: Some people love it, some people don't. I think it depends on the deck, and for this deck I think it synergizes well with all the low drops that are in it (including your hero power). Have this sword equipped, drop your hero power, then give him a taunt with the DoA, and bingo bango you have a 3/3 taunt on the field your hero power produced. You could even give that minion divine shield if you had 8 mana for that extra Argent Protector drop. Not bad if you ask me. All this being said, it has still been omitted from the newly revised version of this deck. The drawbacks were too great, even though it had huge upside, to use this effectively it needs to be played early.. which can hurt you greatly by essentially wasting a turn to equip it, which only lets the aggro decks hurt your face more, and for free. With two weapons already in deck, it wasn't that necessary. So I felt more minion power would be better.

Ysera: Same as Nat Pagle, I originally had Ysera in my deck for the extra late game oomph. I came to realize that even though I love Ysera as a card, she just wasn't needed. With all my weapons, spells, and buffed minions I have plenty of damage to deal fatal damage. I found I was still having some small issues with minion durability against the aggro decks, so I switched in a Harvest Golem for Ysera, and I'm pleased with how it's been working out. Again, same with Nat I wouldn't recommend running Ysera in this deck unless you are confident in your early game durability.

Defender of Argus: Had two of them in my deck originally because it is just a super nice card, but against aggro decks it requires you to have at least one minion on the field for him to take effect, preferably two. You have a tough time keeping two minions on the field, so replacing them for the Sen'jin and Abomination were better options.

As for the cards which are necessary, it follows just about every paladin deck you can find. Equality, pyro, consecrate, peacekeeper, tirion, etc are all cards you need to have. The knife jugglers and argent protectors are really nice for that extra bit of removal and damage and work really well with your hero power.

The deck I used for Season 1 carried me to rank 6, and I believe I could've gone further if I truly took the time to grind some ranks towards the end of the season.

The following deck is the one I am currently running. I'll say this to begin with, this deck is NOT complete yet, I am still fine-tuning lots of small things in the deck to make it optimal. However it has performed very well so far, and I am confident it carries a lot of potential in it. This deck is similar, but not the same, to another Paladin deck which made it to legend last season. According to that, and how it has been performing, it has the potential for legend, however I believe that minor tweaks must be made to fit into the meta before it can reach that goal. If you have any feedback or suggestions for this deck don't hesitate to post and let me know!

SEASON 2:

-Elven Archer x1
-Equality x2
-Holy Light x2
-Wild Pyromancer x2
-Aldor Peacekeeper x2
-Big Game Hunter x1
-Harvest Golem x2
-Truesilver Champion x2
-Consecration x2
-Hammer of Wrath x1
-Defender of Argus x1
-Spellbreaker x1
-Faceless Manipulator x1
-Avenging Wrath x1
-Sunwalker x1
-Sylvanas Windrunner x1
-The Black Knight x1
-Guardian of Kings x2
-Lay on Hands x1
-Tirion Fordring x1
-Ysera x1

This is the deck I am currently running. It is significantly different from the deck I ran in the previous season due to the fact that the decks I am facing most often have changed. I no longer see a huge amount of Hunter and Warlock, rather I am seeing more control oriented decks. The Druid, Rogue, and Mage have all been common.. and the Priest seems to be showing up a decent amount as well.

As for the cards and why I chose them..

Elven Archer: This card is NOT an early game card you'll play off the bat. It should be used for utility only. Sometimes when you use Consecration you will leave a single minion with 1hp, and that is when the Archer should come into play to finish off that minion and clear the board. It has proved to be VERY useful in situations such as this, and I recommend just having a single one in your deck to make use of it in this way.

Holy Light: Very few classes have the healing potential the Paladin boasts, and Holy Light is a big reason why. It serves as a "double edged sword", meaning that it can function two ways. One is obviously the 6hp restore that can be crucial in getting you out of "kill-range" against a bursty deck such as the Rogue. Another use would be to clear out a lot of 1hp minions via the use of the Wild Pyromancer. If you play the Pyro and use Holy Light, you will restore for 6hp and proc the Pyro dealing 1 dmg to all minions. This will not only leave your Pyro alive but also deal that global damage to help with board clears. A card such as this I have found to be a very useful addition in the current meta.

Big Game Hunter: Another situational card. A lot of times you will see a Ragnaros being played against you, or a Baron Geddon, or a Grommash who has been enraged., or your own Rag who has been copied via the Facless. The answer is the BGH. I've found this card to be useful more times than it hasn't been and I recommend running one for these purposes.

Harvest Golem: This is a very durable card which will almost always benefit you from playing it. I have been swapping this back and forth between the Earthen Ring Farseer, and and currently unsure as to which has been more useful. Generally the Earthen Ring Farseer will be more useful in healing a damaged taunt, the e.g., the Sunwalker, rather than healing yourself. Both of these cards have been beneficial when used, however for now I think I'm going to stick with the Harvest Golem for the simple fact that they are just so damn hard for you opponent to remove.

Hammer of Wrath: A lot of Paladin players will argue that for the mana cost of this card it is simply too slow to include. I used to agree, however with the current meta I have found it to be more useful and I have flipped on the view that it is a bad card and have determined that every Paladin deck should keep one of these around. Putting 3 damage wherever you please will benefit you greatly, and the card draw is an extra bonus. I would highly recommend keeping one in your deck, however I think that having two of these is a bit much.. only keeping one should do just fine and if you try it out I'm sure you will understand why I have it in here.

Defender of Argus: Just a good all around card to have, and while I don't see the need for two of them one can benefit you greatly in providing an extra taunt or two when you need them. It is too slow of a card to play against a Face Hunter or Zoo deck, but I haven't seen nearly as many of them this season which makes this card all that much more viable to include.

Spellbreaker: Having at least a single silence in this deck is an absolute must have. Too many times I have seen Tirion getting Mind Control'd or Faceless'd and you should always have this silence in hand before playing Tirion unless you are sure that it is safe to do so without a silence. One silence should be enough and you should hold that silence for Tirion unless it is absolutely necessary to use it beforehand.

Faceless Manipulator: A great card for the obvious reasons which was not included in the season 1 deck because against aggro it is a dead card. Against Druid and Rogue and other classes such as these it is beneficial to no ends... copying an opponents Ysera, or your own Tirion or Ragnaros is a huge buff to yourself and I believe that the inclusion of this card is greatly beneficial.

Avenging Wrath: A great card exclusive to the Paladin, if I had one more slot I would probably run two of these but one should suffice, whether it is for board clear or just damage to the face.

Sunwalker: In my previous deck, and also in this one. An extremely durable card which often times can save your skin. I like to use it to bait out silences or removals so when I play my "big guns" I feel safer knowing I've baited a silence, hex, or polymorph. I only have on in this deck but perhaps a second one would be even better. I need to test this more.

Sylvanas Windrunner: A bit high on mana cost if you ask me, but if you are safe in playing this card it will always force your opponent to play around it. They can't outright kill it most times for fear of you stealing a powerful card of theirs, so they either leave it alone and you can continually deal 5 damage to them, or again, like the Sunwalker, it will bait out a removal or sorts leaving one less they can use on Ragnaros or Tirion.

The Black Knight: A fantastic card which has enormous upside. Removing a taunt outright will win you games sometimes, and it's always nice to see people give a Ragnaros taunt when you don't have a BGH in hand. This card will do the same thing in those scenarios, and can swing the game in a lot of situations. Highly recommend having this card in your deck.

Guardian of Kings: I used to only have one of these in my deck, but I recently incorporated a second one. The 5/6 body is a threat which must be dealt with, and the 6 points of healing is also a huge upside to this card. Going with the "Heal-a-din" theme I based this deck around, this card is one you must include, even if two is a bit much in your eyes having one is a must.

Lay on Hands: The best healing card in the game without a doubt. This deck does not have overwhelming card draw issues because a lot of turns you will simply hero power and not play any cards. Late in the game though you will eventually start to run low on cards and this is your answer. The 8 heal is just an added benefit, this card can bring you back into a game which seemed to be slipping out of reach. Additionally at 10 mana you can combo it with the Wild Pyromancer for a small board clear, much like Holy Light. You could opt to run two of these but seeing how much mana it costs I believe that a single one should suffice.

Ragnaros and Tirion: Two finishers for your deck, Tirion is the best taunt in the game and Ragnaros is Ragnaros. No more need be said these two cards are 100% necessary.

Ysera: The last card which I will explain... to be honest I am only testing this card, as I felt this deck needed one last late game finisher to make it more powerful. I'm not sure if this is the best option to put in as it is very, very slow to play. Another viable option could be Alestrasza for the damage or self heal. I am testing out this final slot and will eventually give more feedback as to whether this is the best fit or not.

That is the general gist of the deck. Your Equality is the bread and butter of your board clear and removal, so save them for when it is necessary. Don't jump the gun and use it to early or you can be overwhelmed later in the game when you wish you had saved it. Generally taking a few extra hits to the face is worth saving this card because you can always heal up. This deck boasts a whopping 32 overall points of healing so don't worry about taking a little bit of face damage. There have been countless games where I was brought to near 10hp and was able to restore my health to almost full a turn or two later.

Leave a comment or suggestion if you have one, try this deck out and let me know how it works for you. I have been finding success with it recently. In any case, I hope this guide help and as always, just have fun!

Final Note: Whenever I make edits to these decks, which I do on a regular basis, I change the decklist posted above to reflect whatever changes I have made. I will do my best to explain these changes and why they are for the better. I have edited this deck numerous times and will continue to do so because I love the Paladin.
Edited by PHxLoki on 5/4/2014 1:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
My deck is somewhat similar although a bit more late gameish. It works fine against zoo at 5 so I think yours should also do well. One adjustment I recently made specifically for Zoo was 2x Mind Control Tech. They almost always pinch a minion in the match and made a huge difference for me.
Reply Quote
I actually had 1x mind control tech in my deck, it worked fairly well but it was pretty situational and only worked against the Zoo most of the time. With the early cards I have, plus the weapons, I kill and usually maintain board control until I throw Tirion out, for which Zoo has no answer.

I'll give it a go though, probably will take out Ysera if I do.. I want her to work, but sadly enough hasn't quite found a place in my deck.

It is encouraging to hear a similar deck is as high as rank 5 though, thanks for the input!
Reply Quote
The only thing I'd change is Ysera for Alexstrasza. It worked wonders for me against zoo (I have a paladin deck based on healing and have also gone 6/1 against zoo decks) as an emergency heal because most likely zoo will charge your face late game because they know they are losing steam. It can also help against "surprise" charge minions.
Edited by Buhadog on 4/22/2014 2:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'll give that a try as well, I hadn't thought of putting Alex in the deck but it would be a better swap for Ysera i think.
Reply Quote
Sorry for the double post, but if you're going to try this deck then I have one thing to add that I've found.. take out Nat Pagle. My win percentage is significantly higher with a blood knight instead of him because of all the zoo.

I finally reached rank 9, which is the highest up the ladder I've been. Still on a win streak.

New Edit: Reached rank 7 yesterday, still stuck at rank 7 today though. Had some issues against mages, if I can just get a foothold and not let them overwhelm the board I do fine, but that can be difficult with all the spells coming at me. On a positive note my win percentage against hunters is about 75%, and about 80% against the zoo. Which has been delightful.
Edited by PHxLoki on 4/24/2014 10:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
After using this deck to climb the ranks up to 7, I started to lose more games than I was before. Dropped back down to rank 9, so I decided to make a few changes.

Cards I removed:

Cairne Bloodhoof- A great card, and generally a staple in any deck (bar aggro) but for the deck I was running he was simply too slow a card, especially in this era of Huntards and ZooLocks.

Defender of Argus- Took both of these out. While it was great when you could pull of a combo of buffing minions and throwing out two taunts, he was just entirely too situational for me to make use of. Thus they have both been removed.

Bloodmage Thalnos- A 3 damage Consecration feels great, but he was removed for the same reason as the two cards previously mentioned. He was too slow a card and generally sat in my hand until I had a combo to make including him, and it hurts too much having a dead card in hand when you're playing against an aggro meta.

Sword of Justice- I wish I had another spot in my deck for this card, however it just didn't work out that way. With two weapons already in the deck, this wasn't as needed as my other cards. The buff was lovely but not enough reason to keep it.

Guardian of Kings- Another card I wish I could've kept in this deck, maybe I can put it back in eventually. I think that replacing him with a new card, the Sunwalker (taunt/ DS) is a much better play. Especially against aggro decks.

Big Game Hunter- A situational card, which I always enjoy having in my deck, however with the massive board clears the Paladin boasts I don't feel that the BGH is overly necessary. Still viable but my preference is to keep him aside for now.

What I added:

x2 Argent Squire- With the deck I had setup previously I had literally ZERO turn 1 plays, unless I coined out a Knife Juggler. This changes that and is a durable minion I can toss out. Late game if I'm playing against a deck that does not run DS I can toss this out and then my Blood Knight to self-buff him. This creates a powerful card cheap, and can bait out a removal spell (hello silence).

x1 Sen'jin Shieldmasta- One replacement for a Defender of Argus, instead of relying on minions to be on the board at turn 4 I can simply throw this 5 health taunter out instead and get instant protection.

x1 Abomination- Testing this card currently, figured it could be very effective against aggro decks. However so far it hasn't proved to be overly useful. A 5 mana 4/4 is not great cost but the 2 damage to all is essentially another Consecration, which in theory is fantastic. Will keep trying him for now but he may be removed in the future.

x1 Spellbreaker- After numerous games I came to realize something.. I NEED a silence in this deck. This card is that silence that is so gravely needed. Seeing my Tirion get Faceless'd or MInd Control'd is a horrendous feeling, and silence is the answer in those situations. This card can also be swapped for an Ironbeak Owl, however I like having the bigger body on the field because a silence generally won't be needed until the late game, when a 2/1 is useless.

x1 Sunwalker- Already mentioned this card, but it is the replacement for the Guardian of Kings essentially. Just a super durable card that can really screw with an opponent. Love it.

x1 Alexstrasza- Possibly the most controversial card I added, and I probably wouldn't have if it wasn't recommended by multiple people. Another powerful 8/8 body you can put on the field, provides immediate self-healing or damage, and must be dealt with by the opposition. At the very least he will deal a few damage points to the enemy and bait out a removal (hex, poly, execute, assassinate, BGH) which gives you extra security for playing Tirion and Ragnaros.

Those are the new changes I've made, and since making them I'm back up to Rank 7 and four stars currently, so I think the changes are very nice. Best cards I could've added were the Argent Squire's and Sunwalker, I absolutely love these cards they're very underrated. Give the deck a try if you want, Alexstrasza is an expensive card but I think can be easily replaced with another heavy hitter. Giants, Guardian of Kings, another dragon legend, etc.
Reply Quote
04/27/2014 05:52 PMPosted by PHxLoki
x1 Abomination- Testing this card currently, figured it could be very effective against aggro decks. However so far it hasn't proved to be overly useful. A 5 mana 4/4 is not great cost but the 2 damage to all is essentially another Consecration, which in theory is fantastic. Will keep trying him for now but he may be removed in the future.

Abomination + equality is a very nice combo.
Keep in mind that it often gets silinced, which honestly is a good thing as this will be 1 less removal for your Tirion.
I often bait Abomination (with or without equality) even if i have concecration in my hand, they will silince it and play even more minions on the board after, making my concecration so powerfull.

I still have 1 Guardian of kings in my hand for the healing and 1 sunwalker. I used to have 2 sunwalkers, but I changed it for an Argent commander. I am even considering taking out the 2nd sunwalker (I already have 1 defender of argus and 1 shieldmasta) , because it gets silinced/black knighted/sabbed/put-back-in-my-hand-for-2-more-cost. Sure, I love to bait silinced so my Tirion would be save, but I also like to protect my fragile face. Thus, I would put an sunwalker on an empty board at any time, but when they have minions on their side (which usually is the case) I prefer immediate impact with the commander. Currently at rank 3/4, not gaining rank anymore
Reply Quote
Thanks for the input, I toyed with the idea of adding an Argent Commander in here. Maybe I'll give that a go, there are certainly times when I wished I had an instant removal that didn't involve Equality, or a high cost spell.

I also did go ahead and add a Guardian of Kings back in my deck, and removed Alexstrasza.. Not sure how I felt about removing Alex, but I liked the GoK way too much to have none in my deck. A 5/6 that heals for 6, and has like.. the coolest voice animation in game.

Glad to see there's at least a few high ranked Pally's out there (aside from Koyuki).
Reply Quote
Massive update on the thread made, an entirely new decklist was added with explanations for the new season.
Reply Quote
Good posts. Thanks!

Question about equality: I have it my deck as well but it hasn't proved to be that useful against the rush decks since they are so low hp anyway. I've been thinking about removing it but wondering if you had the same experience.
Reply Quote
05/04/2014 10:57 AMPosted by Vorlic
Good posts. Thanks!

Question about equality: I have it my deck as well but it hasn't proved to be that useful against the rush decks since they are so low hp anyway. I've been thinking about removing it but wondering if you had the same experience.

It's true that Equality may not be AS useful against aggro decks versus more control or midrange decks, however it's such an excellent card that you can't make any kind of control-Paladin without it. If you drop a Wild Pyromancer out, and follow it up with Equality, it's a guaranteed board clear (albeit for both sides). So even if most of the minions are at 1hp, you wouldn't have the means to remove them via Consecration sometimes. Equality is an answer to that.

Conversely, against fellow control decks, or possibly midrange decks, there are times when they drop a huge minion out that needs to be handled immediately... say perhaps, Ysera, Ragnaros, a giant, etc... drop equality and any minion you have out on the field can kill it, even the hero power token. That is incredible value and is also why the Paladin boasts the best and most complete board clear in the game.

Hope this helps, TL;DR definitely keep x2 Equality in your deck, it would be sorely missed if you were to remove it. The only exception being aggro-Paladin decks, but even then it isn't a bad choice for clearing taunts.
Reply Quote
Once I try out your other suggestions and get the required cards, I will definitely try this deck. Thanks!
Reply Quote
05/04/2014 03:04 PMPosted by Draconis
Once I try out your other suggestions and get the required cards, I will definitely try this deck. Thanks!

No problem, let me know how it works out for you. I'm always looking for suggestions to better the deck.
Reply Quote
Posted two videos showcasing the Paladin deck I am currently playing, and one from a few days ago, and one that I have slightly modified since then into the deck which is posted on this thread. Search for me on YouTube if you want to see how the deck should be played, and a few examples of it against a few varying types of opponents. I think I've fought two mages, a shaman, and a rogue. All the videos I post are recorded in real-time so I don't know the outcome until it's over, which is why I may lose a game here or there. It's good for picking up some info on how the deck works, and maybe you can learn a thing or two by watching mistakes I may have made, or choices I made that won me the game.
Edited by PHxLoki on 5/4/2014 5:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
cool. im considering putting a second guardian of kings back. not sure about argus instead of shieldmasta as im running a humility and a doomsayer atm instead of harvest golems. i should try that though as I had put those cards instead of two earthen ring, i would actually love to run two twilight drakes or yeti but zoo makes it difficult and a taunt is obviously better off the top than a yeti vs hunter and rogue which is why I'm still running two sunwalker. when I was watching koyuki play elven archer seemed cool but I decided to just put another avenging wrath to help finish some minions and shoot them in the face since there is no leeroy (wish there was room for leeroy + blessing of might + faceless but the lack of good card draw just makes it screw you over if you have parts of a combo and can't finish)

btw, i noticed a couple instances where you could have done equality then pyro then holy light to keep a 3/1 pyromancer on board?

it is annoying though vs shaman that they will try to keep flametongue toward the end for a combo with al akir or a windfury on something when you've used all clears. l try to hold off until they have played those as they are key to swinging the game when you've got nearly full health. if I faced shaman more I think I would change one of my sunwalker to abomination just so they cant get so much value with just flametongue and totems
Reply Quote
Every card I put into this deck I had to think about for so long.. and I'm still unsure whether they are the "right" cards or not. The bigger issue is how they are played. I'm not a pro, I'm sure I made a few mistakes in my video's, I always go back and watch them after I'm finished recording and see these mistakes myself. At the same time, if I post them even if I mess up or make a suboptimal play, then those who watch will notice and are less likely to make the same mistake because they've seen it once before.

And yeah.. I've wanted to add Leeroy into this deck, I think it'd be fun. Not sure how beneficial he'd be but I can see him having a least a little value. Maybe it's something I can try in the future.

A final note.. have you seen as many ZooLocks lately? I don't think I've played more than a single Zoo on the ladder over the past day or two. It's been a great change of pace. A lot of Druid though.
Reply Quote
Trying out a funkalicous new Paladin deck, includes Alexstrasza and... zero taunts. Say it isn't so! But it is, will post result soon enough.
Reply Quote
04/22/2014 01:15 AMPosted by PHxLoki
-Elven Archer x1
-Equality x2
-Holy Light x2
-Wild Pyromancer x2
-Aldor Peacekeeper x2
-Big Game Hunter x1
-Harvest Golem x2
-Truesilver Champion x2
-Consecration x2
-Hammer of Wrath x1
-Defender of Argus x1
-Spellbreaker x1
-Faceless Manipulator x1
-Avenging Wrath x1
-Sunwalker x1
-Sylvanas Windrunner x1
-The Black Knight x1
-Guardian of Kings x2
-Lay on Hands x1
-Tirion Fordring x1
-Ysera x1

My advice would be :
REMOVE : x2 Guardian of Kings, x2 Holy Light, x1 Hammer of Wrath.
INSERT : x1 Lay on Hands and x1 Avenging Wrath (making x2 of each), x1 Defender of Argus (making x2), and x2 Argent Protector

thats what i suggest for now, I dunno if you have the cards yet and thats why you not using them, but if infact you do, swap them....and when u can craft another legendary , replace ysera
Reply Quote
05/06/2014 11:19 AMPosted by SUCKADUCKA
My advice would be :
REMOVE : x2 Guardian of Kings, x2 Holy Light, x1 Hammer of Wrath.
INSERT : x1 Lay on Hands and x1 Avenging Wrath (making x2 of each), x1 Defender of Argus (making x2), and x2 Argent Protector

thats what i suggest for now, I dunno if you have the cards yet and thats why you not using them, but if infact you do, swap them....and when u can craft another legendary , replace ysera

I have removed Ysera she wasn't being as helpful as I had hoped. I put Alexstrasza in that slot in place of her, and have seen better results and more finishing power. As for Hammer of Wrath, GoK, and Holy Light, I'm not going to remove them. At most I would remove x1 GoK and 1x Holy Light. Having one Hammer of Wrath is really helpful, if you don't believe me give it a try. I hadn't used it ever until recently and am very glad I added it in. The goal of this deck is to have board control and heal any damage they deal until the late game, which by then you can simply outlast them. I have all the Paladin cards, so the reason they are not included is not because they're missing, but rather this is what I've chosen to run. Check out my video to see how the deck works if you're curious.
Edited by PHxLoki on 5/6/2014 12:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]