Al'Akir Suggestion

Hi

Alot of people seem to complain about Al'Akir the Windlord, well first off I want to say that Al'Akir is NOT a weak card.
He at the very least does 6 damage and comes in the form of a 3/5 taunt with Divinie Shield.

But most people complain about his stats, rightfully so, a 3/5 for 8 mana is not much.
Therefore, since Shamans have the 'Overload' mechanic, I suggest making make him a 4/6 with the exact same ability's he has now. But with overload 1 or 2.
4 attack is also the sweat spot to be at, can't be targeted by Schadow word: Pain/Death.
Seriously, how does the class legendary for shamans not have Overload? :O

What do you guys think?
Reply Quote
How much mana? if its for 8 mana plus overload your out of your mind.
Reply Quote
The problem with overload is that there aren't enough cards which could use it. So unless we get few more "Unbounds", I don't think that overload is important. On the other hand, making him 6 mana overload 2 - with old stats - could speed up the game a little bit...

Interesting idea, but it is unlikely to happen anyway.
Reply Quote
A decent suggestion but I use al'akir as a finisher 9 times out of 10 so the overload would just give me a more powerful finisher for no cost because the game would be over.

I think he's fine as he is.
Reply Quote
My idea for a change to Al'Akir is to remove the Divine Shield and replace it with "This minion is Immune when attacking."
Reply Quote
4 damage would basically make him a an Argent commander, Sunwalker and Winfury Harpy rolled into 1 for just 2 more mana…that’s insane, and also renders the cards I mentioned virtually useless in a shaman deck by comparison…

He could 2 for 1 anything an argent commander can while having a chance to survive the second charge thanks to the bonus health.
He could do 8 damage to the face while leaving a Sunwalker to guard my own.
He doesn’t need to survive a turn in order to be useful like the Harpy.
And if worst comes to worst I can use him to do 8 damage for 8 mana to a minion, which is pretty all right in terms of cost.

Why would I ever consider those cards in a deck if All’Akir was a 4/5? Because they cost 6 mana? Like the Fire elemental, which I generally found to be more of a priority to summon? (not that I ever considered the Harpy but you get my point)

I’m not saying it can’t happen but…I think you are underestimating how big of a buff that would be to him.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]