Will Naxxramas help priest?

Priest is my favorite class, but as we all know is not that great. I've been thinking that with naxxramas coming out maby priest will become a better class, it will certainly be good at countering all the new deathrattles with things like mass dispel.

Anyone else have an idea of what will happen for priest when it comes out?
Reply Quote
It would depend how popular death rattle decks become. Mass dispel is under any normal circumstances a very difficult card to justify including in a deck. I don't run it, and the amount of times where I've though to myself 'Gee, Mass Dispel would save my !@# here' is about... one.

There would have to be a significant change in the meta before those conditions came around. I'm a bit more interested in see what use the death rattle minions are in a priest deck rather than dispelling them.

Priests tend to be pretty spell heavy, getting the most out of each of the minions you do include is a pretty big plus. The egg for a two drop minion results in a 4/4, adequate for healing, a lot of priests already run sunfury so getting it destroyed isn't that difficult.

Naxxramus also includes a class specific card for each class doesn't it? It'd be interesting to see what that brings.
Reply Quote
I think stealing stuff will be even better since we can frequently steal and claim the death rattle.

I think it will be interesting to possibly heal your opponents stuff so it doesn't die and activate its death rattle. Like healing away an enrage.

I think a double trigger abomination will be pretty sweet.

Maybe pandas and cabal shadow priests could be pretty hilarious even if not competitive.
Reply Quote
I think stealing stuff will be even better since we can frequently steal and claim the death rattle.

I think it will be interesting to possibly heal your opponents stuff so it doesn't die and activate its death rattle. Like healing away an enrage.

I think a double trigger abomination will be pretty sweet.

Maybe pandas and cabal shadow priests could be pretty hilarious even if not competitive.

Can't wait for a double trigger on Sylvanas =P
Reply Quote
If death rattle decks become more popular Priest will get stronger. Simply because alot of the cards fall into the range that priest can deal with. Cabal shadow priests, shadow madness mad alchemist would be good too. Either get a 4/4 or turn that 1/7 legendary into a 7/1 charge.

Aoe silence will be good in a deck again as well (another good semi removal to fit in).
Reply Quote
probably not

imagine zoo players with nerubian egg

pyro + spells doesn't stop the rush
holy nova doesn't stop the rush
auchenai + circle doesn't stop the rush
Reply Quote
Pro:
1. Steals might be better because of the low strength creatures with death rattle.
2. Mass dispel might become viable - but I really wouldn't count on it

Con:
And here I am pretty sure: the nerubian egg will make priests' life even more miserable. More strength 4 minions...yaaaaay.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]