My latest experiment: Hunter Zoo Deck

Well, I've been playing around with things that I don't commonly hear about. So, I started thinking: I can get very good draw with cheap beasts and starving buzzard without UTH. I can also get extremely good trades with cult master. Furthermore, hunters specialize in wearing their opponent's healthpool down before they have the ability to get it up.

So, what if you used the concept of flooding the board with cheap minions on a class that's better at being lethal? I'm still finding out, but so far I'm liking it. I've noticed that I actually draw more cards than a lock. It is slightly more vulnerable to AoE, however, I've noticed that its far easier to recover from board wipes with this deck, especially if you save your synergies. After all, I just won a game against a shaman running a solid deck where I got nearly completely board wiped twice and demolished a couple large taunt minions and I still won by a very handy margin: he couldn't touch me. You end up keeping the opponent trying to react to you, while you make very fast tempo trading.

Decklist:

Abusive Sergeant x2
Argent Squire x2
Shieldbearer x2
Stonetusk Boar x2
Timber Wolf x2
Unleash the Hounds x2
Bloodfen Raptor x2
Dire Wolf Alpha x2
Scavenging Hyena x2
Starving Buzzard x2
Eaglehorn Bow x2
Animal Companion x2
Acolyte of Pain x2 (helps get you some of your other card draw combos if they aren't appearing)
Cult Master x2
Tundra Rhino x2

You might notice a lack of things like Kill Command. It might be something you could fit in there, but it's very high cost for a single target removal spell for a deck where you're trying to keep a very fast tempo. It's better to just trade a couple things on the board with a cult master or with attack buffing minions.

Another advantage to this deck is that people will never overextend against you because of UtH, and you can seriously punish them for not putting more than 3 minions on the board at a time. So, you end up drawing more than the Warlock, but your hero power hurts the enemy instead of you! Manage to power twice? Thats like getting a free Soulfire in on them.

Sometimes it's wise to simply hero power instead of actually putting minions down, even though it is a tempo deck. It's still very reactive: if they play minions, you have a lot of trading options.
Reply Quote
What rank are you playing this at and for how long? My first impression is it looks pretty weak. It seems like any solid bodied creatures or aoe would shut it down quickly. How do you get through large taunts? You can't really draw and play in the same turn until mid game and that's if you're lucky enough to get a combo off. It's a great idea but I would be surprised if it went very far.
Reply Quote
04/12/2014 03:24 AMPosted by Corex
What rank are you playing this at and for how long? My first impression is it looks pretty weak. It seems like any solid bodied creatures or aoe would shut it down quickly. How do you get through large taunts? You can't really draw and play in the same turn until mid game and that's if you're lucky enough to get a combo off. It's a great idea but I would be surprised if it went very far.

Just won 3 in a row at rank 12. But not too long. Lots of casual games with equally punishing decks too though so I'm like 7-2 with it or so.

Last win was a miracle rogue who drew a crap ton of cards with gadgetzan auctioneer and had an 8/8 van cleef that I killed with 3 buffed hounds and buffed my hyena to ridiculous levels.
Edited by AlexL on 4/12/2014 12:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]