Aldor Peacekeeper is OP and unfun.

Aldor Peacekeeper is an amazingly powerful card regardless of the situation. He's a 3/3 for 3 mana with Humility (change target minion's power to 1) stuck on him. His ability to turn the tide of a fight is significant at any point of the game. In addition to this, he is also one of the best hate-cards in the game (meaning he's effective at shutting down a particular strategy).

I just played three games in a row against paladins. The first game was with a warlock deck that had a 10/9 Void Terror out on the third turn. I passed to my opponent who played Aldor Peacekeeper, making it a 1/9, and then still had enough mana to Blessing of Might the Aldor Peacekeeper, making it a 6/3.

The second game I played with an arena druid deck. Third turn I had a Venture Co. Merc out (7/6 and your minions cost 3 mana more to play). When my opponent played his Aldor Peacekeeper, I was left with a 1/6 that prevented me from playing my creatures.

The third game went the same way as the second game, except I played the Merc on the 4th turn and my opponent not only played Aldor Peacekeeper, but also Blessings of Wisdom (You draw a card every time this minion attacks) on my Venture Co. Merc *and* a secret.

Aldor Peacekeeper either should not cost 3, should be small, or should change the attack to 2 and be able to target friendly minions.
Reply Quote
Paladins have no hard removal, so I don't really see the issue.

Try using aldor peacekeeper against ragnaros. Yea, not so fun.

Paladins usually need 2 cards for creature removal, and equality has drawbacks to it.
Reply Quote
Silence removes Aldor's effect.
Reply Quote
Not rly...
If you are willing to sacrifice your entire board for 1 strong minion, then you should be prepared to have that minion killed.

Your 10/9 could have been a 1/1 vs mage for 4mana
Your 10/9 could have been a 0/1 Taunt vs shaman for 3mana
Your 10/9 could have been KILLED vs a priest for 3mana
Your 10/9 could have been KILLED for 3mana or Attacked you instead or be Sent back to your hands after killing all your own minions, vs a Hunter for 2mana.
Your 10/9 could have been KILLED vs a Rogue for 5mana
Your 10/9 could have been KILLED vs a druid for 1mana
Your 10/9 could have been KILLED vs a warlock for 6mana

Your 10/9 could have been KILLED by every single deck that plays Big Game Hunter.
Your 10/9 could have been Silenced, by every single deck that has Silence.

But none of these happened, instead your 10/9 became a 1/9 vs a paladin for 3mana. An effect that can be removed with silence.
And thats just Amazingly powerful, OP and Un-fun.
Tell you what, give me a sure-kill card for the paladin, and the peacekeeper can go f*ck himself for all i care.

As for the Venture Co.
If you have him in your deck, it means you are willing to take the risk of having him in your deck. If you arent willing to take the risk of having him in your deck, then dont put him in your deck.
Edited by Creus on 4/13/2014 2:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/13/2014 02:27 PMPosted by Creus
Not rly...
If you are willing to sacrifice your entire board for 1 strong minion, then you should be prepared to have that minion killed.

Your 10/9 could have been a 1/1 vs mage for 4mana
Your 10/9 could have been a 0/1 Taunt vs shaman for 3mana
Your 10/9 could have been KILLED vs a priest for 3mana
Your 10/9 could have been KILLED for 3mana or Attacked you instead or be Sent back to your hands after killing all your own minions, vs a Hunter for 2mana.
Your 10/9 could have been KILLED vs a Rogue for 5mana
Your 10/9 could have been KILLED vs a druid for 1mana
Your 10/9 could have been KILLED vs a warlock for 6mana

Your 10/9 could have been KILLED by every single deck that plays Big Game Hunter.
Your 10/9 could have been Silenced, by every single deck that has Silence.

But none of these happened, instead your 10/9 became a 1/9 vs a paladin for 3mana. An effect that can be removed with silence.
And thats just Amazingly powerful, OP and Un-fun.
Tell you what, give me a sure-kill card for the paladin, and the peacekeeper can go f*ck himself for all i care.

As for the Venture Co.
If you have him in your deck, it means you are willing to take the risk of having him in your deck. If you arent willing to take the risk of having him in your deck, then dont put him in your deck.

Thanks for typing all that out, that's really what I wanted to say but was too lazy.

Also, could be sent back to hand by rogue for 2 mana.
Edited by Faldez on 4/13/2014 2:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
This is why you always run as much silence as possible in your deck if you're using Venture Co.

You think Aldor is bad against it? Trying facing a Mage. Frost Nova, Ice lance, Blizzard, Frostbolt, Frost Elemental, Water Elemental. You will add 3 to your minions cost for the rest of the game in constructed.

Void Terror has so many counters that if you get an attack off with it, it's basically pure luck. It's especially amusing to Faceless Manip it, because for 2 mana more you get the same card while not having to sacrifice 2 minions on the board. Sap is almost as hilarious.

That said, the AP is pretty OP. It's an always-pick in Arena, that's for sure.
Reply Quote
04/13/2014 04:55 PMPosted by Bottle

Void Terror has so many counters that if you get an attack off with it, it's basically pure luck. It's especially amusing to Faceless Manip it, because for 2 mana more you get the same card while not having to sacrifice 2 minions on the board. Sap is almost as hilarious.

The only way I use void terror is on a minion I already cast power overwhelming on. Minion is already dead, so I'm not really saccing anything by using it. Also even if you have 2 or more minions on the board, you can place void terror on the edge, only saccing one. It's a pretty decent combo with power overwhelming imo, even if it does have a lot of counters.
Reply Quote
04/13/2014 05:00 PMPosted by Faldez
The only way I use void terror is on a minion I already cast power overwhelming on. Minion is already dead, so I'm not really saccing anything by using it. Also even if you have 2 or more minions on the board, you can place void terror on the edge, only saccing one. It's a pretty decent combo with power overwhelming imo, even if it does have a lot of counters.

thats really the only sensible way of using it the minions dead may as well i tried using it
Reply Quote
Equality-->Consecration
Reply Quote
Edited by Senecus on 8/9/2014 1:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
kid complains that his Venture Co gets ninja'd by aldor peacekeepers. This is FUNNEEEY :))
Reply Quote
The only edge that aldor has on removal like sheep and hex is that 1. you get a 3-3 out of it so it's really good for early board control around turns 3-4. If I sheep on turn 4 the opponent just floods the board again while I have nothing to answer. In addition you could potentially use youthful brewmaster on your aldor and essentially get two removals out of him. Basically it comes down to play style, but I think the Paladin class makes up for not having two sheep type spells in MANY other ways besides the aldor peacekeeper. You have to consider the class as a whole and not just two spells in a vacuum. Like I'd say that Pally's have some of the best AOE removal in the game, but I'm not going to say that they are op because of that, it's just different strengths and weaknesses inherent in each class. If you are truly concerned about rags and such, just run a couple BGHs.
Reply Quote
04/15/2014 12:58 AMPosted by Sigismund
The only edge that aldor has on removal like sheep and hex is that 1. you get a 3-3 out of it so it's really good for early board control around turns 3-4. If I sheep on turn 4 the opponent just floods the board again while I have nothing to answer. In addition you could potentially use youthful brewmaster on your aldor and essentially get two removals out of him. Basically it comes down to play style, but I think the Paladin class makes up for not having two sheep type spells in MANY other ways besides the aldor peacekeeper. You have to consider the class as a whole and not just two spells in a vacuum. Like I'd say that Pally's have some of the best AOE removal in the game, but I'm not going to say that they are op because of that, it's just different strengths and weaknesses inherent in each class. If you are truly concerned about rags and such, just run a couple BGHs.

The control that the aldor offers is the only reason he is included in decks and isnt considered useless like many consider humility to be. Using aldor versus a ragnaros or an ysera, or a sylavanas or bloodhoof etc only manages to reduce some dmg and doesnt even come close to compare to poly or hex. (and in your example you also do not consider the classes playing those cards. The aldor stays in the game as a 3/3 but the mage can kill his poly on the same round with his hero power, and the shaman can do the same with his countless spells if he wants to. The aldor can very rarely kill the monster he pinged, and nobody in their right minds would play him on round 3 unless they had a 6/6 bloodknight against them.)

The chances of Aldor being more effective than poly/hex are almost non existant, unless the person playing the polys simply doesnt know how to use them. (Sure its better to aldor a shieldmasta than poly him, but its better to poly ragnaros than aldor him.)
The choice between Aldor or poly/hex versus a ragnaro or an ysera, or a sylavanas or bloodhoof or any monster with an active effect is a no brainer.
Edited by Creus on 4/15/2014 9:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Well I would never argue that Aldor is on par with the two best removals in the game. You may say this is unfair if comparing Aldor and polly on their own, but It's important to remember that a spell is really only as good as the class that uses it. Perhaps the reason polly is "better" is because the mage class is lacking in some areas where the other classes such as the paladin excel. It's really inaccurate to compare two spells and not consider any other factors.

04/15/2014 09:36 AMPosted by Creus
nobody in their right minds would play him on round 3

No mage can polly on turn 3 even if they wanted to (assuming no coin), and if a mage has to polly on turn four then they have probably already lost.

04/15/2014 09:36 AMPosted by Creus
the mage can kill his poly on the same round with his hero power, and the shaman can do the same with his countless spells if he wants to.

remember that the mage cannot do this until turn 6, and it's a very week and expensive turn 6 play, leaving nothing on the board. And as for the shaman, having to use two spells to take out a minion is not a good trade, even if it lets them kill a minion in one turn.

Aldor on the other hand can come out early if desired with added board control which makes it a relatively better early game play. I would say there are very few minions in the game which can actually beat Aldor in a 1 on 1, if we are making comparisons in a vacuum (which it appears that we are). And if you are worried about him dying the next turn, then just play a lightbringer or concecrate on the following turn.

There's no doubt that polly or hex has the edge on Aldor, but considering that the paladin is one of the most robust classes, I'm not sure that they deserve removal that is on par with two of the most fragile classes, mage and shaman. That being said I don't think Aldor should be discredited just because He's not exactly a pollymorph, but I do feel he is a closer second than he is given credit for.
Reply Quote
04/15/2014 07:18 PMPosted by Sigismund

No mage can polly on turn 3 even if they wanted to (assuming no coin), and if a mage has to polly on turn four then they have probably already lost.

Sorcerer's Apprentice wants to have a word with you.
Reply Quote
True, I should of noted that as well, but let's try not to get distracted from the topic which the other 90% of my post pertains to.

But while we're at it we can also have a word with pint sized summoner for, Aldor. But I feel at some point we're going to have to stop splitting hairs.
Edited by Sigismund on 4/16/2014 9:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Aldor Peacekeeper is OP and unfun. This. Lost track of how many arenas just go south quick cause they get 2+ peacekeepers... no skill required.
Reply Quote
UGH MY 1/9 IS STILL ABLE TO TRADE FOR MOST CARDS ON MY OPONENT'S SIDE OF THE BOARD THIS IS AN OP POO POO CARD THAT'S ONLY USED BY DUMB BABIES WHO ARE STUPID
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]