This is the issue with priests...

http://s1.directupload.net/images/140414/pnukiwid.png
He has 10 cards in his hands, but no solution to 4 attack minions.
He could not remove my first 4/7 and from there it snowballed into more and more 4 dmg minions on my side.

Turn 2/3 injured blademaster with circle of healing = dead enemy priest.
Innervated yeti/druid of the claw = dead enemy priest.
Continuous 4 dmg drops with good removal = dead priest.
Rushdown against control priest = dead priest.

Basically we lose the control matchups due to having no solution to 4 dmg minions, and since we are so heavily invested into control, we are pretty vulnerable to rushdown = bad class.

I just realized that the game is incredibly bland.
Whoever has more removal and the better minions wins. There is no strategy involved at all on a greater scale. Goodbye hardostone.
Edited by gh0un on 4/14/2014 5:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
priests say the only way to counter their stealing is to work around it. So someone does,then they complain. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

In any game like hearthstone, league, dota, Starcraft etc being able to counter something is essentially. Asking for a buff to a mechanic that's already broken and anti fun is not a good argument. At all.

I agree OP, priests need an entire overhaul.
Reply Quote
Zoo doesn't focus on 4 att minions, hunter doesn't, warrior doesn't, handlock only has drakes (which are the least of your concern), only druid occasionally innervates a druid of the claw, so... yeah. If only the issue was as simple as "4 attack minions" it could be fixed plenty.

Its more complex than that however, and it involves overly situational cards, no good board sweepers and lack of good removals + early game class specific minions to establish board control.
Reply Quote
There's a reason if priest is the worst class. The only priest decks you will ever meet in higher ranks are full of neutral legendaries.
Reply Quote
I have a solution to 4 damage minions. Your own minions.
Reply Quote
04/14/2014 08:31 AMPosted by Vorochi
And if they get removed before they can trade?

Anyway, for example, watcher druid consists pretty much entirely of 4 attack minions.

I don't get why a control class has no ways of efficiently dealing with most good minions in the game.
Reply Quote

The other player can affect your minions with spells and you can't touch his. The fact of the matter is, a deck that run 1x cairne, 2x yeti, and 2x twilight drake auto-wins 1/9 of their games.
Edited by Oni on 4/14/2014 9:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/14/2014 09:03 AMPosted by Oni

The other player can affect your minions with spells and you can't touch his. The fact of the matter is, a deck that run 1x cairne, 2x yeti, and 2x twilight drake auto-wins 1/9 of their games.

I'm not saying Priest isn't bad, let's all be clear on that. If you don't build your priest deck with big creatures, you're in trouble. That's what I'm saying. It's got nothing to do with clear and everything to do with the tools we're given. Which is to say, nothing good in the early game.

If your opponent is using clear cards in the early game, they're NOT playing big minions. You'll still have a chance to get another of yours on the board before the 4 attack minion lands. Except druids and their innervating out a Yeti on turn 1, but we're not arguing that Druids aren't OP here.

If you're comparing Priest to meta game decks, well, of course Priest loses. There's, like, a Control Priest that does fairly well against Control Warrior and that's about it for Priest Meta. It's not like there's a bunch of good Priest decks out there. And I don't think that removing the blind spot will fix that. Maybe erasing the horde of gimmick cards in exchange for mechanics not based on RNG would help.
Reply Quote
so,
1.- Priest does not have a card to kill a 4/X card.
2.- Priest class minnions can be silenced.

Any class that can deal 100% with both?
Edited by EuroTango on 4/14/2014 9:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Any 4 atk minion facing a priest might as well be a faerie dragon, considering how untouchable they are.
Reply Quote
The new version of Watcher Priest is completely capable of beating most top-tier decks. !@#$, a 90/10 vs. Control Warrior while preserving a 30/70 vs. Zoo and 50/50 vs. Handlock..like, that is top-tier. While I originally designed it, I like how the modifications Amaz made work (Curve is pushed way down with x2 Holy Fire and x1 Sylvanas w/ x2 Thoughtsteal over x1 Alexstraza, x1 Mind Control and x2 of Argus and Auchenai), granted he's facing a lot more Druids than I was on EU, I think his win-rate is probably worse vs. Warrior but better vs. Watcher Druid.

Priest is probably #6 right now, the deck is stronger than anything Shaman's have goin' on. Much less Mage and Paladin. Granted, the deck is pretty %^-*in' hard to play.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]