ignoring the Northshire Cleric ?

Im just curious if its a good idea to leave it up if you have aoe heal in hand in order to floor your opponent hand and burn some cards, I just tried it on casual it was actually quite amusing (I burnt some of my cards too) but wondered if it was a viable strategy ?
Reply Quote
Sometimes its the only way to win the game. If you are playing as a priets against a priest and he has a big card advantage over you and he is foolish enough to play a cleric at the end of his deck then you can heal him to death. I did that to anouther priest 2 days ago. He had two clerics with six cards left in his deck and had shielded both of them. I nova-ed with my 3 minions damaged then started healing his minions with my heal

If he didn't make such a silly mistake it would have been a loss for me
Reply Quote
I pulled off a hilarious win against a priest who dropped two clerics at the start of the game. At first I kept trying to remove them, but he kept them well protected, so I thought I'd embrace the card draw. Eventually we got a bunch of minions out on the board, and he still wouldn't kill off his clerics when his hand got to 8 cards about halfway through the game. So I carefully used my minions to injure his (but not kill them), and used Circle of Healing to force his 8 card hand to draw 12 cards. I was laughing as I saw Holy Fire, Ragnaros, Cairne, Holy Nova, and several other cards get burnt. I eventually won on fatigue.
Reply Quote
hmm maybe I need to take circle of healing? the way I did it was purposely hitting targets to keep my minions up but damaged, then I used the hero power to heal one of my minons (not to full) then I dropped a holy nova to force him to pull 4 cards (he was on 8) I also had one up and burnt some of my cards but it was on casual and I really just wanted to try it out see what would happen.

how do you know when to leave it up or get rid of it?
Reply Quote
Well I'm a little confused as to what your original post is asking. Maybe I'm reading it wrong. I usually leave my Cleric up as long as I can. My opponent usually removes it before overdrawing is an issue. Now, if it's very late in the game and fatigue threatens, I'll kill her off. If I have 9 cards in my hand in the midgame, I'll kill her off. Generally, just don't draw into fatigue or overdraw your hand, and you're fine to leave her up. Just make sure your opponent can't force you to draw when you don't want to.
Reply Quote
@flame sorry I meant letting your opponent keep his cleric up, if you draw with 10 cards every draw after that point destroys a card and the cleric pulls a card every time any minion is healed.

so priest vs priest with aoe healing you could potentially force your opponent to draw multiple cards with a full hand destroying them if you left it up (downside you let him have good draw)

;)
Edited by Blackfox on 4/14/2014 12:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I see. Well I suppose my post is still valid, just look at it from the opposing point of view.
Reply Quote
I don't use Northshire Cleric at all because it gets immediately annihilated, at least from my experience. Maybe that makes me bad, but I would much rather run a 2nd Shadow Word: Pain in lieu of NC.

Just my 2 cents!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]