Nerf the ability to steal minions

How exactly do you counter this, bu not playing any minions. Even if yo're safe you can still lose minions.

Please blizzard, a nerf needs to happen or at least the ability to stop so much stealing. It's an unfair mechanic that no other class has.
Reply Quote
Yes, I have been trying to nerf priest for long time now. You are wise since you know they cast spells instead of summon creatures so they shouldn't be able to do as well as us. They steal our faces so we cant go for their face -- terrible mechanic and needs elimination.
Reply Quote
At max, Priest can (permanently) steal up to... 4 dudes. 2 with Mind Control, 2 (with 2 attack or less) with Cabal Shadow Priest. OMG, how has this been allowed to go on so long? Priests are clearly OP. They must be, like, the top 3 best meta game decks. Because they're so awesome. With their ability to take 2 cards from you.

Look, Mind Control is easy to work around. Don't play things that are obvious Mind Control targets if the priest hasn't used at least 1 Mind Control yet. Unless you're doing lethal damage with it immediately. It's just like any other removal. Most priests don't even bring 2 Mind Controls. Because it's a dead card most of the time.
Reply Quote
At max, Priest can (permanently) steal up to... 4 dudes. 2 with Mind Control, 2 (with 2 attack or less) with Cabal Shadow Priest. OMG, how has this been allowed to go on so long? Priests are clearly OP. They must be, like, the top 3 best meta game decks. Because they're so awesome. With their ability to take 2 cards from you.

I'm glad you agree.
Reply Quote
04/11/2014 09:59 PMPosted by Glaston

I'm glad you agree.

The sarcasm is lost on this one.

Its easy. Priest only run 2 cabals and maybe one MC. Be prepared for MC, burn removal wisely, and avoid using 2 attack or less minions.
Reply Quote
Or toss out the 2 attack or less minions before the Priest has enough mana to cast Cabals & ram them into things before they can.
Reply Quote
If we were in the hunter forum, I'd give him the advice to simply play no minions o.0 haha
Reply Quote
04/11/2014 10:19 PMPosted by Skellington
04/11/2014 09:59 PMPosted by Glaston

I'm glad you agree.

The sarcasm is lost on this one.

Its easy. Priest only run 2 cabals and maybe one MC. Be prepared for MC, burn removal wisely, and avoid using 2 attack or less minions.

He agreed. We all know it's time to nerf the those cards. So basically what you're saying so that all classes should play around priests. Explain to me how that's a fair mechanic? Sorry to say run advice is Bs. When even the minions of a priest can steal a 3 or less minion. So please educate yourself on how many cards a minion can steal. Thanks
Reply Quote
Yea Glaston, it is time to nerf your stupidity. For better for us all just go back to your cave,please. Thanks in advance :)
Reply Quote
04/12/2014 04:15 AMPosted by Nukron
Yea Glaston, it is time to nerf your stupidity. For better for us all just go back to your cave,please. Thanks in advance :)

I'm not a troll if you're implying anything. Frankly that's quite immature and adds nothing to the discussion. But thanks for the response anyway. At least y'all are listening.
Edited by Glaston on 4/12/2014 4:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Immature answer to immature hate nerf request =)
Reply Quote
L2P
Reply Quote
Yes all classes should play around priest mind control or minion stealing just like they have to play around mage having flamestrike or hunter having unleash the hounds or deadly shots and so on... most classes have something you need to watch out for and try to work around so why not priest?
Reply Quote
Glanston you are such a pathetic loser who whines in nearly every class forum for some nerfs.
Just learn to play and stop annoying people here with your lack of intelligence.
Reply Quote
actually my deck has 8 ways to steal creatures while only running 1 mind control.
Reply Quote
04/13/2014 08:09 AMPosted by Thesquigerer
actually my deck has 8 ways to steal creatures while only running 1 mind control.

My point exactly. Plus you have thoughts steal and mind vision. Rogue is the only class where stealing cards is probably useless.
Reply Quote
04/13/2014 08:35 AMPosted by Glaston
My point exactly. Plus you have thoughts steal and mind vision. Rogue is the only class where stealing cards is probably useless.

Our point, which by the way you keep ignoring, is that much like any other class, you play around it.
You play around hunter's unleash the hounds, warlock's giants, control warrior's Alex + Grom, why is it such a detriment to you to play around Priest's mindcontrol or cabal? If you don't want to play around priest, then don't. But, assuming you're at the rank where you're seeing a lot of them, that's going to hurt you in the long run. There's nothing wrong with making a deck to combat what you're facing.

Oh by the way, Shield slam, Buzzard, Timber wolf, and scavenging hyena are all worthless cards to a priest unless priest is, wait for it, blessed by the Light and RNG to get something that goes with it.
Reply Quote
04/11/2014 08:09 PMPosted by Glaston
How exactly do you counter this, bu not playing any minions. Even if yo're safe you can still lose minions.

Please blizzard, a nerf needs to happen or at least the ability to stop so much stealing. It's an unfair mechanic that no other class has.

There is no "safe" against any class and Priest isn't the only class with a unique mechanic. "unfair" is subjective. Priest is objectively the weakest class.

The thing is, stealing minions ins't an OP mechanic. Nor is Priest removal. They are cards can can be very powerful, but only if the situation is right. So use strategy and don't let Priest have an advantageous board situation.

If you honestly aren't trolling, post what decks you have been playing and what situations you've been losing to Priest in. We'll help you l2p better :)
Reply Quote
I wrote the response to this in another thread yesterday;

"On the subject of MC. I don't think it needs a nerf exactly, but a tweak might stop a lot of complaining (my own included). Maybe instead of just taking the minion the priest could take the card? So you steal rag and instead of a rag on your board you get one in your hand or deck, that way MC would become a 2 for 2 instead of a 2 for 1. (Right now you spend card/mana (1 move) once and remove a creature from the board while simultaneously getting a creature on your side (2 benefits) but if they change it like my suggestion you'd need to spend card/mana to remove and card/mana to replay it)."

Everything else you can recover from. Cabal shadowpriest's best target is probably a golemn which isn't all too bad, mind vision/thoughtsteal are more rng fun than reliable mechanics, shadow madness is akin to a multishot and all of them can easily be recovered from since they take place in the mid game.

But MC is the only one that MIGHT be an issue if you don't specifically play around it, which you should, just like you should play around flamestrike, pyro, consecrate, equality/wild pyro/consecrate, UTH, explosive shot and a million other things. On paper though MC can use a bit of a tweak and that's only because of the cost/benefit ratio.

Comparing it to flamestrike we can see that 1 card gives the mage board control but NOT the momentum since they need more mana to play anything of their own. MC though removes AND gives momentum in one card. The cost is very prohibitive but other similar costing spells, like pyroblast (again going back to mage) don't give as much of a benefit.

The only card that's similar is Deathwing since he removes the board and gives you a 12-12 all at the same time. But the penalty is so severe and the rarity of the card is so high that you rarely see anyone play it in serious decks. MC remains the only ability that shifts the momentum of the game by itself, even the UTH needs other cards to back it up.

Having said all that, I don't think an MC nerf is nearly as urgent as a mid game buff to priests. Their turn 2-5 is utter !@#$. I'm not saying give them much but something that could maybe make priests capable of more aggression. When was the last time you saw an aggro priest? Every other deck has an aggro version that could work but priest is pretty much stuck with the stupid inner fire combo which you stop seeing past rank 15 (because it's unreliable). Priest needs tweaking for sure.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]