Constantly Disconnecting

I am losing connection constantly during games. This is not an ISP issue and I am hardwired to my router. I have tried renewing DHCP lease, flushing DNS cache, and repairing disk permissions.

I get disconnecting/reconnecting messages during games and at the end of every game I get the CLOSED message and hearthstone closes out because " I am not connected " and I have to relaunch it every time.

Fully up to date(software) 2010 mac pro running mavericks.
Edited by kiwiCritter on 4/17/2014 3:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I can't even get to a game. It keeps disconnecting shortly after starting, and I keep trying to finish building my arena deck.
Reply Quote
04/17/2014 03:30 PMPosted by kiwiCritter
I am losing connection constantly during games. This is not an ISP issue and I am hardwired to my router. I have tried renewing DHCP lease, flushing DNS cache, and repairing disk permissions.

I get disconnecting/reconnecting messages during games and at the end of every game I get the CLOSED message and hearthstone closes out because " I am not connected " and I have to relaunch it every time.

Fully up to date(software) 2010 mac pro running mavericks.

This issue is becoming ridiculous, battle.net keeps disconnecting. IF i can make it into a game it disconnects multiple times during a game and then when the game is over I have to try to re-launch hearthstone.

A reply would be nice
Edited by kiwiCritter on 4/21/2014 2:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
kiwiCritter,

Can I get some additional information about your Mac Pro? Processor, Memory, and Graphics just to cover our bases. It sounds like you've run the gamete of standard troubleshooting steps, so let's see if we can't drill into it and figure it out. :)
2010 Mac Pro 2.8 Quad Core Xeon. 12 GB 1066 DDR3 Ram. ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB.
Reply Quote
Also, I added battle.net and hearthstone to Allow Incoming Connections, within the firewall settings. This didn't solve the problem. Turning the firewall off completely did not solve the problem either
Reply Quote
Same here, I'm on a permanent high bandwidth connection, no issues with the Internet but games keep disconnecting in-game for the last half hour or so.

I click end turn, the button does not rotate or my character keeps emoting the "let me think", the game timers keep going and I time out, the other player can play cards, I can play cards on my side but my opponent seems to be unaware of my cards.
Edited by GuruEvi on 4/23/2014 1:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Ok. The Disconnection/Reconnections - do they happen at any specific points (Turn changes, playing cards, certain visual effects happening on-screen, etc.) or are they completely random? Also, if you navigate to the following, do all of the following folders have necessary read/write permissions:

Applications/Hearthstone/
Applications/Hearthstone/Data
Applications/Hearthstone/Data/OSX
Applications/Hearthstone/DBF

I'm trying to see if there's anything additional I can find out internally about the issue as well. Seems like configuration should be allowing this to run, but obviously that's not the case.
the in-game disconnections seem to be random. but pretty much without fail as soon as the game ends i get the CLOSED "Your internet connection timed out Please check your internet connection" sign and the game closes. When I return to the battle.net client to relaunch the game, up in the top right and I need to click the "go online" button under my player name because I have been disconnected from battle.net.
Edited by kiwiCritter on 4/23/2014 4:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Can you do me a favor and open Terminal, and use the following command:

open /private/etc

Once in there, can you open your hosts file and paste the contents to this thread for me? Looking to see if we have a Depot entry that may need to be removed.
##
# Host Database
#
# localhost is used to configure the loopback interface
# when the system is booting. Do not change this entry.
##
127.0.0.1 localhost
255.255.255.255 broadcasthost
::1 localhost
fe80::1%lo0 localhost
127.0.0.1 pd7.blist.parallels.com
127.0.0.1 pd7.vl.parallels.com
127.0.0.1 registration.parallels.com
127.0.0.1 update.parallels.com
127.0.0.1 pd6.blist.parallels.com
127.0.0.1 pdfm7.blist.parallels.com
127.0.0.1 parallels.com
Reply Quote
Same with me. The game is constantly disconnecting me, or the whole thing laggs. A lot. I skip whole turns in the game due to disconnection or lagg. I cannot play at all. My internet connection seems fine (I have no problem downloading thing or browsing the net).
I suspect even the opposing player is experiencing lagg due to the fact his turs are much longer than usual.
Reply Quote
I keep getting disconnected too. AND, it invariably happens at the END of a game in progress, usually when I'm winning (of course). I wouldn't mind if I just couldn't connect, as much. But when I've just played a 20 minute game and get disconnected right before I get my gold, it's infuriating. This just happened after a long game, right before I got my gold, AND then I got put on a line to reconnect, that said "15 minutes", which I waited upon just to disconnect after 5 and make me reboot. Infuriating. Listen, I understand there are issues, but the "always connected" thing (I assume, I'm not a computer programmer) is killing me.... Again, if they could just make SURE it doesn't happen DURING a game, especially in the last literal 1 minute right before I get the reward for the 20 minutes I just spent.

Other than that, I love this game, I appreciate the dev team and don't want to bombard with negativity. Just venting and making sure they're aware. Cheers guys. -Heretic43
Reply Quote
Oh, also, it would be nice if we could at least access our cards without being online. Even if whatever "changes" we make don't register until we go back online. Just a thought. Cheers.
Reply Quote
*UPDATE*

There seems to be more stability these days. I haven't had in-game disconnects in a while but I still get the CLOSED sign saying that my connection has timed out when the game ends. This does seem to happen more frequently on games that last a long time. Almost as if times out when there is no activity outside of a match. I have never had a warning regarding connection issues when I am at any of the menus. Only during a match or right when the match concludes.
Reply Quote
Glaxigrav, I promise this is not an issue with our specific devices, it is a problem with the game itself and only started to occur since the new patch has been added. I have been having the same problem and have lost several ranks due to losing games before I even see my cards. I posted in other threads and didn't receive any assistance.
Reply Quote
I just started playing the other day but I'm having the same issue here
Reply Quote
I'm getting this problem as well, but primarily on my Windows computer. After every 1-3 games in constructed or arena, when I'm looking for a new game, I'll be disconnected from the battlenet service and have to reopen the Hearthstone client. This has been happening pretty consistently for the past few days. It's also happened to me a few times on OSX as well, but I don't play on that client as much. T_T
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]