Paladin Deck I threw together, actually legit

So after my usual Pala control deck started being less reliable around rank 13 I decided to play around and put this together using as many gold cards as I thought good for paladin together with a few of my favourite neutrals.

Currently I haven't lost a game (played 5 now I think) so not a huge amount of testing but after coming up with something myself instead of blindly netdecking I'm so happy I have to share.

2 x Equality
1 x Acidic Swamp Ooze
1 x Amani Berserker
2x Argent Protector
2 x Bloodsail Raider
2 x Sword of Justice
2 x Aldor Peacekeeper
2 x Truesilver Champion
2 x Blessing of Kings
2 x Consecration
2 x Hammer of Wrath
2 x Defender of Argus
2 x Avenging Wrath
1 x Sunwalker
2 x Guardian of Kings
2 x Lay on Hands
1 x Tirion Fordring

I might switch out one of the LoH for Cairne Bloodhoof and see where it goes from there.
Reply Quote
may work well if your early mininos dont get taken out fast, if they do, you wont have much late game stuff.

With 4 weapons especially 2 SOJ, could be a tad slow, you wont be able to take advantage of the buffs until later in the game and sometimes it can be too late.

With 4 weapons, would make sense to put in that one neutral card that has a + attack for your weapon when enraged. forgot the name, but its a 4/6 stat i think 5 mana?
Reply Quote
I rlly don't see this working at higher levels because it is too low on control to be viable for a control strategy and too low on aggro cards to be viable for an aggro strategy.

Believe me, I spent the first 50 hours of the game trying to make the best of two worlds work, combining the best of aggro decks with the best of control decks. It just doesn't work in my experience and ur much better going for either Control or for Aggro.

If this deck works better for you than control maybe that's a reason for you to try out an aggro paly deck maybe that's more suited for your playstyle.

My advice: split this deck into 2 decks an aggro and a control one

Edit: I think u will love playing an Aggro deck based on Sword of Justice, Bloodknight and Divshield minions
Edited by Carlito on 4/17/2014 4:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I did try out a deck build around divine shield but the results weren't that great so I went back to the original and made some changes, its very fun. In my last game I was able to recover from a 13/13 deathwing wiping my board to deal 29 dmg after dropping a BGH to kill the deathwing, 2 argent protectors into a 9/9 blood knight. Then Blessing of kings on the BGH before swinging in for the win.

My new (hopefully) improved deck, currently rank 14:

1 x Equality
1 x Acidic Swamp Ooze
1 x Argent Squire
2x Argent Protector
2 x Blood Knight
2 x Sword of Justice
2 x Aldor Peacekeeper
1 x Big Game Hunter
2 x Truesilver Champion
2 x Blessing of Kings
2 x Consecration
2 x Hammer of Wrath
2 x Defender of Argus
2 x Avenging Wrath
1 x Sunwalker
1 x Cairne Bloodhoof
2 x Guardian of Kings
1 x Lay on Hands
1 x Tirion Fordring
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]