Avenging Wrath

Does the Avenging Wrath have a bigger chance of hitting creeps than the hero?
Reply Quote
No,
If there is 1minion on the board then the chance is 50-50 for the dmg to go to either the minion or the hero.
If there are 2 minions on the board then the chance splits to 33,33% for each minion and 33,33% for the hero.
So son, so on.
Reply Quote
The advantage is that Avenging Wrath never overkills a minion, therefore all of the spillover damage that doesn't hit the minions hammers the hero instead.

Comboed with Equality you can kill 3 (one with divine shield) and do 4 damage to the hero to boot. It's probably the most efficient damage source we have, and being able to sweep the board and do a decent amount of damage to the opposing hero can help push you ahead.
Reply Quote
In my experience, Avenging Wrath is more likely to hit whichever one you don't want it to hit.

Just kidding.... sort of .... we've all been there.
Reply Quote
I've actually had great luck with AW recently. Seems to home in on exactly what I need to have the best board position haha. Experiences will vary!

I actually love this card. Not just because it is very strong, but because despite having a lot of randomness to it, it actually requires a lot of skill to use properly. Deciding on who you should attack before casting and who after based on the probabilities of who will take damage and such.
Reply Quote
I agree, 90% of the time you're able to save and use it wisely so that the probability of having poor hits is to a minimum. That's how you have to use it for it to be effective. However, there are occasions where you have no other option and have to hope for the miracle shots. It should be your goal to not let it get there, but generally speaking its an exceedingly effective spell card if you work with it properly.
Reply Quote
04/23/2014 05:12 AMPosted by PHxLoki
In my experience, Avenging Wrath is more likely to hit whichever one you don't want it to hit.

I totally feel with you. Disappointed me so often lately.
Reply Quote
I cannot see a pally deck today without 2 of them. They are so safe, sometimes even without the equality they can clean a lot,

Equality + avenging wrath can clean a 7 legendary board, doesn't matter what's there. Best pally card.
Reply Quote
04/24/2014 05:56 AMPosted by BiruLeiBe
I cannot see a pally deck today without 2 of them. They are so safe, sometimes even without the equality they can clean a lot,

Equality + avenging wrath can clean a 7 legendary board, doesn't matter what's there. Best pally card.

No it can't. The Hero is still calculated into every time it hits so if it hits the Hero twice you still have one legendary left. And 2 is a bit much. One Avenging Wrath is enough.
Reply Quote
04/24/2014 10:30 AMPosted by Setsuna00
04/24/2014 05:56 AMPosted by BiruLeiBe

No it can't. The Hero is still calculated into every time it hits so if it hits the Hero twice you still have one legendary left. And 2 is a bit much. One Avenging Wrath is enough.
Well, so it is possible. Of course it relys on luck, but the whole game does. Although it is unlikely, it is possible.

And I run 2, but yeah, one may be enough in some decks.
Reply Quote
I run two, heck earlier today I played a Zoo who managed to build up 6 minions by turn 8.. my only option was to equality+AW.. and it killed all 6 of 'em, which allowed me to get a foothold and win the game. Great card, but sometimes RNGesus just isn't on your side, then again, sometimes he is.
Reply Quote
Don't get me wrong, AW is a cool card, but it feels like anything it can do can be done by a different card. Equality+Consecrate is a board wipe for two mana less (also hits hero for 2). High health minions like the Morgu'Shan causes AW to lose damage on the cards you do want to kill while not doing significant damage.

In fact, the only time it feels like AW actually does better than any other card is when Divine Shields are involved which, granted, is reason enough to bring one in. Still, I look at a card like Druid's Force of Nature which is the same price, and I get to pick my target for 2 less overall damage (giving me the flexibility to destroy one minion, two, or use it as a finisher).

I'd consider running them if they were 5 mana. As it stands, 6 feels a bit steep for 8 randomly distributed damage.
Reply Quote
04/22/2014 02:50 PMPosted by Nilsi123
Does the Avenging Wrath have a bigger chance of hitting creeps than the hero?

Yesterday I had a game.. my opponent was at 5 life and had 3 minions on the field. I played AW so could hopefully kill the two taunts.. he took 5 in the face and died.^^
Reply Quote
AW dmg isn't random if you cast it when the enemy has no champs on the board.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]