Interesting

Messing around with a Paladin deck and noticed a "bug" when you combo wild pyromancer + equality on minions who are under the effects of stormwind champion. Apparently the equality hits and every minions health becomes one and then they all take 1 damage from the pyromancer; but when the stormwind champion dies, it resets the health of the other minions under his effect so they don't die but survive with one HP.

Working as intended?
Reply Quote
Pretty much. Happened to me against a warlock deck as well.
Reply Quote
Yeah it is working as intended. Stormwind Champion's buff is a continuous effect instead of a one-off battlecry, so when equality sets every minions health to 1 SW Champ buffs them with +1 health before the pyromancer triggers. Same can happen with murlocs, as Murloc Warleader has a continuous buff too.
Reply Quote
04/19/2014 12:07 AMPosted by Smander
Messing around with a Paladin deck and noticed a "bug" when you combo wild pyromancer + equality on minions who are under the effects of stormwind champion. Apparently the equality hits and every minions health becomes one and then they all take 1 damage from the pyromancer; but when the stormwind champion dies, it resets the health of the other minions under his effect so they don't die but survive with one HP.

Working as intended?

I tried using humility on a lightspawn, same problem, doesn't change. I think that is intended.
Reply Quote
Sad face.
Reply Quote
Two things to bare in mind here:
1) Temporary health is always lost before permanent health.
2) Continuous effects trump one-off effects - that is they are still applicable over a one-off effect.

So the minions are reduced to 1 health, but still have the temporary +1 buff from the Stormwind Champion, because this is a continuous effect, and so have 2 health. Wild pyromancer goes off, everyone takes 1 damage, the buffed minions lose the temporary health point. Stormwind Champion dies, and the temporary health is lost. The other minions still have their own health point left.

Same with Lightspawn. Its ability is a continuous effect and so applies on top of the one-off effect from Humility, effectively rendering Humility useless against it.

Yup, all working as intended I'm afraid!
Reply Quote
Yes, I failed against Lightspawn tonight, too. Stupid Lightspawn :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]