STOP!!! Priests are NOT overpowered.

http://hearthstats.net/reports/mar/index.html

I don't want to see one class go from situationally okay to unplayable. Priest is the worst class in the game. It wins the fewest games and relies on gimmicks that don't swing the tempo very well EXCEPT for mind control and the shadow words.

It's a weak, slow class that tries to outlast opponents, but is not a true hard counter to anyone. It's win-rate is a paltry 43.67%.

According to this, Warlock needs a SLIGHT nerf and priest needs to be BUFFED like crazy.
Reply Quote
It would be nice too see if there's any big difference between the ranks. What is the priest's (or any other class') win percentage within the ranks 25-15; 15-5 and 5-Legend. Sometimes it sounds like priests win 80% of the games in ranks around 20. Maybe it's just the collective voice of all the crybabies out there..
Reply Quote
04/12/2014 03:35 PMPosted by Fzoid
It would be nice too see if there's any big difference between the ranks. What is the priest's (or any other class') win percentage within the ranks 25-15; 15-5 and 5-Legend. Sometimes it sounds like priests win 80% of the games in ranks around 20. Maybe it's just the collective voice of all the crybabies out there..
Because of progression. Priest is one of the best class in beginner skill level because of their basic cards. Priest is OP in beginner because people don't know how to handle them or they didn't play the game long enough to have the right progression to face decks like that. If players cannot beat a priest, there is no way they can go higher than rank 15 since there are stronger decks that is more powerful than priests. Or maybe people just don't know how to play against priest...when I'm in Arena, someone use like wrath on my 4/4 minion and thought they could use their hero ability to get rid of my minions' remaining hp but I just heal it up to prevent that. A lot of stupid moves like that in beginner level. :P Wasted a card for nothing.
Edited by Kimuto on 4/12/2014 4:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/12/2014 04:15 PMPosted by Kimuto
04/12/2014 03:35 PMPosted by Fzoid
Because of progression. Priest is one of the best class in beginner skill level because of their basic cards. Priest is OP in beginner because people don't know how to handle them or they didn't play the game long enough to have the right progression to face decks like that. If players cannot beat a priest, there is no way they can go higher than rank 15 since there are stronger decks that is more powerful than priests. Or maybe people just don't know how to play against priest...when I'm in Arena, someone use like wrath on my 4/4 minion and thought they could use their hero ability to get rid of my minions' remaining hp but I just heal it up to prevent that. A lot of stupid moves like that in beginner level. :P Wasted a card for nothing.

Yeah, just to clarify this point, it's not that priests can't go into the higher ranks, it's just a brutal long process that falls dead with the basic cards. A basic priest deck can't compete the other class' basic decks. Once you hit the rank 17-15 range you almost hit a brick wall unless you go for crazy control.
Reply Quote
http://hearthstats.net/reports/mar/index.html

According to this, Warlock needs a SLIGHT nerf and priest needs to be BUFFED like crazy.

Regarding warlock nerf, that isn't likely as I recall they feel any class with a winrate +/- 3% of 50% is acceptable. Any class above or below 53% - 47% is a problem. Obviously priests are well below what Blizzard considers acceptable.

I do find it astonishing Blizzard hasn't said anything to priest players. Some assurances the naxx content will leave priests in a better shape would be nice.
Reply Quote
Please blizzard remove the cards all the newbies are whining about (inner fire, lightspawn, divine spirit) and give priest some serious stuff.
Reply Quote
04/14/2014 11:16 PMPosted by Glaston
04/14/2014 08:01 AMPosted by Helghast
Please blizzard remove the cards all the newbies are whining about (inner fire, lightspawn, divine spirit) and give priest some serious stuff.

There a reason why on reddit people agree that this class is OP. So your opinion is nothing but disinformation to get better cards.

Try playing a Priest BELOW rank 15 and well see how it goes. I know priest is 'OP' at chicken rank and stuff, but enlighten yourself. Try facing a zoo deck at a slightly higher rank
Reply Quote
04/12/2014 02:57 PMPosted by AlexL
I don't want to see one class go from situationally okay to unplayable. Priest is the worst class in the game. It wins the fewest games and relies on gimmicks that don't swing the tempo very well EXCEPT for mind control and the shadow words.

The class is very annoying. That's the problem. There is nothing more boring than to play against priest with slower deck. You will go till faitigue, 10 or 15 minutes of priest stealing your minions and your cards. Even if you win at the end ... you feel dirty having to fight the class.

Unless these abusive mechanics of stealing go away, priest better stays a non popular deck. Or everyone will run rush just to stomp it to the ground. I know I wll. Rush hunter or zoo or aggro war ... anything that gets rid of the class is fair play.
Edited by Repefin on 4/15/2014 7:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/14/2014 11:16 PMPosted by Glaston

There a reason why on reddit people agree that this class is OP. So your opinion is nothing but disinformation to get better cards.

That's why there's almost no priest in high ranks. L2P.
Reply Quote
I think the better Priests play without relying on their cheap, gimmicky tactics.

It's a mind game with a smart control Priest - and anytime I come up against another Priest, I just smile. I know the class so well and they play *exactly* the same way every time that they are predictable and so, lose.

Change up your playstyle - you just might enjoy yourself.
Reply Quote
04/15/2014 09:20 AMPosted by jensketch
I think the better Priests play without relying on their cheap, gimmicky tactics.

It's a mind game with a smart control Priest - and anytime I come up against another Priest, I just smile. I know the class so well and they play *exactly* the same way every time that they are predictable and so, lose.

HOW?
Reply Quote
04/15/2014 07:00 AMPosted by Repefin
04/12/2014 02:57 PMPosted by AlexL

The class is very annoying. That's the problem. There is nothing more boring than to play against priest with slower deck. You will go till faitigue, 10 or 15 minutes of priest stealing your minions and your cards. Even if you win at the end ... you feel dirty having to fight the class.

Unless these abusive mechanics of stealing go away, priest better stays a non popular deck. Or everyone will run rush just to stomp it to the ground. I know I wll. Rush hunter or zoo or aggro war ... anything that gets rid of the class is fair play.
How is stealing "abusive"? It's not that powerful - aggro seems more powerful / "abusive" imo. A game that doesn't last until turn 10 isn't fun.
Reply Quote
04/14/2014 11:14 PMPosted by Glaston
Stats lie. And Mages have the lowest win rate. Stop spreading misinformation.

you usaly almost never see mage past rank 10 so the information is predy much acurate
Reply Quote

"You've got actual stastics from a base of 35,000 players? Well I've got some people on Reddit who disagree with those stats. I am clearly right and you're clearly wrong."

God I love the internet. ^_^
Reply Quote
04/14/2014 11:14 PMPosted by Glaston
Stats lie. And Mages have the lowest win rate. Stop spreading misinformation.

Mages have a low win rate in constructed formats. They are almost godlike in Arenas, easily the best class in the game. Priests are awful in every format.
Reply Quote
04/15/2014 11:26 AMPosted by Vorochi

"You've got actual stastics from a base of 35,000 players? Well I've got some people on Reddit who disagree with those stats. I am clearly right and you're clearly wrong."

God I love the internet. ^_^

The funny thing is that I frequent the HS subreddit, and most of the crying is about Hunter.
Reply Quote

I couldn't agree more. Too bad that the good creature buffs were all assigned to the paladins...
Edited by Asmodean on 4/15/2014 2:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/15/2014 09:20 AMPosted by jensketch

http://hearthstats.net/decks/thief--2

That play style will get you to rank 15 with priest, then you switch to my thief deck above, and deck will gets you to rank 12-15
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]