Is Druid board control ridiculously overpowered?

I don't feel a have the smallest of chance to control the board against druid players. I am completely destroyed. No matter what I play, no matter what I do my board gets wiped completely every single turn. The class has an extremely efficient versatility and able to adapt to whatever situation on the board.

Keeper of the Grove is a slap in the face to all your efforts on establishing a board control. If it's a simple 3/2 minion, it gets killed with its 2 damage battlecry. If it's something more menacing (which is more often than not the result of some dispellable buffs) it just silences them.

Then we have Druid of the Claw that can be become a 4/6 taunt at will with better stats than the 3/6 Fen Creeper for the same 5 mana cost. I know that class minions are supposed to be stronger (voidwalker vs the 1 mana 1/2 standard taunt). But this is just beyond ridiculous. It shuts down any sort of attempt to control the board.

Wrath at 2 mana cost can be either like rogue Shiv or like a mage frostbolt (without the freeze effect).

Innervate is ruining any attempts at calculating my exposure risk to AoE simply because druid has access to its AoE spells at any turn. There is no Turn 5 holy nova, there is no turn 4 consecration (or sooner with coin). There is possibility of swipe any time and any moment.

I cannot even use Faerie dragon without a taunt on the board simply because of Claw. What an efficient trade we got here.

I can deal with the rest of the druid crap, but these above mentioned spells/minions make me hate druids. Mage feels much less menacing despite all the freezes and stuff. At least I know that until turn 7 I got a decent chance at having some serious board presence.
Edited by Polite on 4/12/2014 1:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/12/2014 01:20 PMPosted by Polite

slap in the face

Sorry, your post is invalid because of the use of this phrase.
Reply Quote
Druids are good in dealing with small minions, however they have serious issues killing anything with more than 5 health. Like for example, a simple boulderfist ogre is going to give a druid lot of trouble to get rid of.
Reply Quote
04/13/2014 06:33 AMPosted by Klaital
Druids are good in dealing with small minions, however they have serious issues killing anything with more than 5 health. Like for example, a simple boulderfist ogre is going to give a druid lot of trouble to get rid of.

Yeah thank you, i have noticed this too and adjusted my deck accordingly. I did have way too many 2-3 drops which was a complete cakewalk for the druids.

Thats why i posted this thread in this section, rather than in druid section. Its still a newbie qq.
Reply Quote
Hey OP, THANK YOU! I too feel even the basic Druid is completely overpowered, I don't stand a chance with custom decks and leveled characters against basic level 1 Druids! I posted my complaints in the General Discussion and everyone laughed at me! But in my battles against Druids, it wasn't a fair fight at any point since the first turn when they brought out several Innervates, then huge creature, the Call of the Wild for taunt and buff, then huge healing abilities and overpowered hero skill. NO CONTEST.
Edited by Flavius on 4/13/2014 1:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Just remember this rule: Small drops against Druid = Dead drops. They will remove them easily and effortlessly. They can easily remove minions in 1-5 health range. So plan accordingly.
Reply Quote
MVP - Hearthstone
As already mentioned, druids lack good hard removal. They have great spells for removing small threats, but their only hard removal (naturalize) is almost never run because it gives your opponent two cards. (As Trump, a pretty famous pro-Hearthstone player says "Naturalize is remove one enemy minion, lose the game.")

To take care of big threats, a druid either has to 2 for 1 with weaker spells, or play big minions themselves which they then have to hope doesn't get hard removed.
Reply Quote
Also, Druids have one of the weaker basic decks. It takes awhile to collect their good cards. It took me about 15 games to get 3 wins for a Druid daily this weekend (and I lost 3 ranks while trying). Only having a handful of the more common Druid cards isn't enough to win well with them.
Reply Quote
04/14/2014 06:33 AMPosted by Kelson
Also, Druids have one of the weaker basic decks. It takes awhile to collect their good cards. It took me about 15 games to get 3 wins for a Druid daily this weekend (and I lost 3 ranks while trying). Only having a handful of the more common Druid cards isn't enough to win well with them.

You can do your daily quests in casual games too so you don't lose rank while doing it. :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]