Help improve my Handlock deck?

Hey, I just made this handlock deck. I don't have a lot of playtime with it and struggle vs rush decks, it starts slow but if I make it to end game I seem to win more than I lose. But I know I need more practice with it to get better at it, just wondering if there is any advice on things I should change?

Is there anything I could do differently?

here is a screenshot of the deck list:

http://imgur.com/PdYfVmg

I have a ragnaros, would you recommend replacing him with anything? and I only have 1 soulfire because I kinda hate it but is a nice finisher so I keep one.
Edited by AntonChigur on 4/14/2014 8:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Legendary handlock (rank 70 on EU) here. Your deck is close to optimal. I personally would strongly recommend replacing a hellfire with a 2nd shadowflame. I also run a 2nd soulfire instead of a bgh, but I understand the negative sentiment - the card discard is expensive if not used as a finisher.
Reply Quote
Your deck looks solid.

Against the current Meta (UtHunters, Zoo being so prevalent) I have found that replacing Drakes with Senjin Shieldmasta's has been the better choice for now
Reply Quote
Handlock sometimes with all aggro decks everywhere seems weak to me.
Climb the ladder from the lowest ranks seems very hard to me.

I aggree with Shiledmasta, imo is better then Drakes.. that sometimes are dead cards when silenced or need taunt to be very strong on board.

Hellfire, yep... sometimes help aggro decks to kill me early.

The main prolem, i think, it's the now to have 5hp or 15hp.. is the same, there are a lot of decks that can do a lot of damage, so when u can use the real power of handlock with molten giants and other stuff after a slow start.... u are dead, especially ves spell that don't care about your taunts.

Mortail Coil.... it's really good in handlock? Most of the Times for me it's pretty useless, in a slow deck maybe is better others card.
Edited by Pairax on 4/15/2014 3:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/15/2014 01:31 AMPosted by Davidg37
Legendary handlock (rank 70 on EU) here. Your deck is close to optimal. I personally would strongly recommend replacing a hellfire with a 2nd shadowflame. I also run a 2nd soulfire instead of a bgh, but I understand the negative sentiment - the card discard is expensive if not used as a finisher.

thanks I will go with the 2nd shadowflame, that makes more sense.
Reply Quote
I've picked up a handlock a couple of days ago went from rank 15 to10 with only a few losses.
It's a bit different since I run into so many direct damage teams that I just need the healing.
Some matches are won simply because I siphon soul my own minion.

Using this setup

2x mortal coil
1x power overwhelming
2x Ancient watcher
1x bloodmage thalos
2x iron beak owl
2x sun fury protector
1x shadow bolt
2x Earthen ring seer
2x Shadow flame
2x defender of argus
1x Taz'dingo
1x dark scale healer
1x Faceless manipulator
2x siphon soul
1x Cairne blodhoof
1x priestess of Elune
1x Alexstraza
1x LORD JARRAXUS
2x Mountain giant
2x Molten Giant

About your deck.

Twilight drake: I don't like them, people just silence them, Taz'dingo or yeti are better imo.
Hellfire: Not a fan of it myself, maybe 1 tops though 2x shadow flame should do the trick.
Leeroy: Good alternative for Cairne
Soul fire: Hit and miss, I rather use shadowbolt but not convinced about either.
Big game hunter: I ran with one up to the point where I noticed I needed the healing a lot more than bgh shot.

All with all good deck
Reply Quote
Hi, streaming zoo and handlock http://www.twitch.tv/jorgescp007 check it out!
Reply Quote
04/15/2014 12:57 PMPosted by Sneakaboo
Twilight drake: I don't like them, people just silence them, Taz'dingo or yeti are better imo.

the point of drake is to bait removal and silence so the giants are safe
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]