Help with control warrior

I switched from Druid (and 3 other classes) to warrior control and I need some help.

I am a noob at warr, I might know how to play most of the other classes at least decently, but I'm only level 10 on my warr.

this is my deck, I made it from my exp from facing warrs on the ladder:

2x Execute
2x Shield Slam
2x Whirlwind
2x Fiery Waraxe
2x Slam
2x Armorsmith
2x Cruel Taskmaster
2x Shield Block
2x Acolyte of Pain
2x Frothing Berserker
1x Brawl
1x Faceless Manipulator
1x Cairn Bloodhoof
1x The Black Knight
1x Gorehowl
1x Baron Geddon
1x Grommash Hellscream
1x Ragnaros the Firelord
1x Alexstrasza
1x Ysera

How is it?

also, if anyone could please write up some basics for control warr, maybe some tips on ideal hand, basic tactics, combos etc ...

thank you :)

PS: does any streamer/ytber play a control warrior?
Edited by Jacob on 4/22/2014 9:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Looks solid. Not sure you need The Black Knight
Reply Quote
thats standard control warrior
Reply Quote
Could probably add in some Pyromancers, taking out the BK and Faceless if rush is an issue
Reply Quote
Looks fine, very standard for control warrior. Ysera and TBK are both situational on what you're facing though. You could always swap those out for something else (Sen'Jin, Harrison, Argus, Abomination, etc.), or you could keep them as they aren't bad cards. Depends what you're fighting the most and what you think would be most effective.
Reply Quote
Nothing wrong wth TBK. I love it in my watcher driud and control warrior. Its pretty much always useful consider the popularity of Defender of Argus, hound master, sunfury protector.

I dont like gorehowl, its only good in control vs control. and now days too many people run Harrison.

Personally i'd drop Gorehowel for Slyvannas and maybe 1x slam for either a 2nd brawl or a yeti. A lot times people don't expect 2 brawls and play carelessly after the first one is used.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]