Zoo Warlock ruins the game

(Locked)

04/15/2014 09:23 AMPosted by Con

Stop pretending that you know what high ranked games look like.

Stop pretending like one persons stats are representative of the entire game?

Do some classes get played more, sure. Is it only class x and y, no chance. Even the people who say it is post stats of their own that don't agree with them.

People who have actually experienced high ranked games personally are saying one thing and you are telling them they are wrong. Remind us, what's the highest rank you've achieved? I don't think you have anything to add to this discussion so how about if you just stick to posting about things that you know something about and let the experienced players have a discussion without you ruining it for once?
04/15/2014 09:15 AMPosted by Polite
04/15/2014 07:30 AMPosted by Mooney
No one can play interesting unique late game decks that require thought and skill because they are dead by turn 6 from a faceroller zoo lock with no skill, ruins the game. SO many people are playing it and it makes getting a high rank embarrassingly easy

Oh man! Tell me about those interesting late game decks!! I am thrilled to learn about Cairne, Ragnaros and Ysera! Please tell me how you counter them with BGH, Faceless and Black Night. Very interesting!

Ooh, very nice, how much?
04/15/2014 09:35 AMPosted by Meso
People who have actually experienced high ranked games personally are saying one thing and you are telling them they are wrong. Remind us, what's the highest rank you've achieved? I don't think you have anything to add to this discussion so how about if you just stick to posting about things that you know something about and let the experienced players have a discussion without you ruining it for once?

People saying something, then posting stats themselves that say otherwise is not the proof you think it is. And their anecdotal recall of the events is trumped by true tracking.

My highest rank ever is 5, well 3SM would be my real highest but meh. It has nothing to do with 100s upon 100s of hours of watching streaming, and knowing how to read stats though.

Gratz on thinking someone's word is more trustworthy than facts though. That should get you far in life.
04/15/2014 07:33 AMPosted by Pokey
getting a high rank embarrassingly easy

Yeah, because ranks 5-0 are full of Zoolock aren't they? Oh wait, no they're not, they're filled with Control Warriors, Handlocks and Control Druids.

Learn to play.

All the cards that require very expensive dust costs. Interesting.

Hmm seems to run counter to the "you dont need expensive cards to compete narrative....."
04/15/2014 09:39 AMPosted by Con
04/15/2014 09:35 AMPosted by Meso

People saying something, then posting stats themselves that say otherwise is not the proof you think it is. And their anecdotal recall of the events is trumped by true tracking.

My highest rank ever is 5, well 3SM would be my real highest but meh. It has nothing to do with 100s upon 100s of hours of watching streaming, and knowing how to read stats though.

Gratz on thinking someone's word is more trustworthy than facts though. That should get you far in life.

When have you ever posted facts? You just state your personal opinions and expect everyone to accept them as facts. Please point me in the direction of all these stats that show the class distribution between rank 5 and legend.

And no, watching streams does not give you anywhere near the same experience as playing yourself.
04/15/2014 09:48 AMPosted by Meso
When have you ever posted facts? You just state your personal opinions and expect everyone to accept them as facts. Please point me in the direction of all these stats that show the class distribution between rank 5 and legend.

The variation in overall stat distribution will never be enough to skew something enough to say it is 'only' this class or 'only' that class. And again people who have said 70% in this very thread and posted their own stats have their stats disagreeing with you. Where are your stats that say you are right? Are we just taking people's word for it still? Because any and all real info we have says they are wrong.

04/15/2014 09:48 AMPosted by Meso
And no, watching streams does not give you anywhere near the same experience as playing yourself.

You can gather data from it. And have it unbiased. In this case it is exactly the same as playing yourself.

Edit: To note, I would not ask me how to be legendary, I would not ask me how to build your deck or what the correct play always is. I can certainly tell you what is being played at legendary rank though.
Edited by Con on 4/15/2014 9:59 AM PDT
http://hearthstats.net/reports/mar/index.html
Sample size: 125,000+ games (not 400+ like another "large" sample size someone passed off earlier)

In march, Hunter and Warlock combined for about 30% of games. Considering that they comprise 22.2% of classes, this isn't very alarming.

This isn't something that changes at higher levels of play. Looking at numbers doesn't suggest anything needs to happen with Hunter, Warlocks have a high win rate but I wouldn't expect any nerfs as the issue is really the warlock hero power. Perhaps soulfire or doomguard would be looked at, but i doubt it.

Hunters are fine by all accounts.

The real issue that FACTS show is that priests have poor matchups against every class, and a gap between their wins and losses about triple the next worst class (mage). They need a buff quite badly.

Yeah, because ranks 5-0 are full of Zoolock aren't they? Oh wait, no they're not, they're filled with Control Warriors, Handlocks and Control Druids.

Learn to play.

I'm currently rank 3, and 50% of my games at the very least are against zoo/hunters. Your argument is totally invalid. I've met 2 handlocks in 2 days, 4 druids an 7 control warriors. ALL of them combined don't even reach the number of zoolocks alone.
04/15/2014 07:10 AMPosted by Slayer
Why is this type of deck called "Zoo" btw?

Because even a baboons red !@# can win with it.

Learn to play.

I rarely remember peoples nicks on this board, but yours has stayed in my mind because 90% of your comments are either needless provocation or just plain bull!@#$.

I watched streaming from ranks 1-5 today just today, and about one third of the match-ups was against zoo-locks. It was the single most frequently appearing deck during that stream. Other than that it was mostly hunters, druids, handlocks and control warriors.
04/15/2014 01:19 PMPosted by Rttu
I watched streaming from ranks 1-5 today just today, and about one third of the match-ups was against zoo-locks. It was the single most frequently appearing deck during that stream. Other than that it was mostly hunters, druids, handlocks and control warriors.

Reread the thread and see that your numbers actually disagree with many of the posters and support pokey.
I'll be honest. I just recently started playing Zoolock after starting with a Mage and then building a really fun Priest control deck. The problem is that, as much fun as I have playing priest, the games last forever and I don't win enough because the Priest class is still really weak overall. I had all the cards except Doomguard for the Zoolock so I made my own variation. I immediately climbed from 14 where I got with my Priest to 9 going about 12-1 with the Zoolock deck. Yes it's easier and somewhat mindless, but I don't have the 300 epics you need to make a competitive druid or the 500 legendaries you need for control warrior. And I don't have a Leeroy or the other combos for Miracle Rogue. So if I want to level and earn gold to get ready for the expansion, Zoolock is my best option. I agree it's annoying but it's the state of the game right now. The games are quick, I earn gold quickly and level fast. Not a lot of downside.
04/15/2014 03:26 PMPosted by Con
04/15/2014 01:19 PMPosted by Rttu

Reread the thread and see that your numbers actually disagree with many of the posters and support pokey.

Just for the hell of it, I decided to reread the thread. I found two persons who seems to agree with Pokey. One of them being you.

Once again you manage to post pure bs. Take your own advice and reread the thread then realize most people are agreeing with the op. Or better yet, do everyone on this forum a huge favor and stop posting since you never seem to be able to get anything right.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Just for the hell of it, I decided to reread the thread. I found two persons who seems to agree with Pokey. One of them being you.

Once again you manage to post pure bs. Take your own advice and reread the thread then realize most people are agreeing with the op. Or better yet, do everyone on this forum a huge favor and stop posting since you never seem to be able to get anything right.

the guy I replied to even said one third, which is far off the 70%+ numbers we have seen thrown around. I get you hate me. But at least work on your reading comprehension a little.

I will ask you again for proof as any posted link in this thread supports my stance. And I have yet to see you post anything showing you being right.
Edited by Con on 4/15/2014 3:48 PM PDT

the guy I replied to even said one third, which is far off the 70%+ numbers we have seen thrown around. I get you hate me. But at least work on your reading comprehension a little.

I will ask you again for proof as any posted link in this thread supports my stance. And I have yet to see you post anything showing you being right.

The big difference between you and me is that I have personal experience from rank 5+. I don't need stats to tell that there is a stupid amount of zoo locks and facerush hunters at high ranks. Most of them have awful mechanics, even at legend, and would never get that far with a real deck.

Sure, the stats provided in this thread are probably exaggerated but the sad part is that they are still not very far from the truth. Way too many bad players are abusing zoo to gain ranks because it's so strong and easy to play.
Edited by Meso on 4/15/2014 4:12 PM PDT
04/15/2014 04:07 PMPosted by Meso
The big difference between you and me is that I have personal experience from rank 5+. I don't need stats to tell that there is a stupid amount of zoo locks and facerush hunters at high ranks. Most of them have awful mechanics, even at legend, and would never get that far with a real deck.

And your personal experience is an extremely small sample size. And yes you do need stats to prove yourself, in particular if you want to throw stuff around like it is 70% class x. It is called burden of proof.

Sure, the stats provided in this thread are probably exaggerated but the sad part is that they are still not very far from the truth. Way too many bad players are abusing zoo because it's so strong and easy to play.

Oh , so you know I am right you just want to attack me because of personal distaste? Moving on then.
I haven't seen many zoolock decks in a while now. Maybe they're being played at a noob ranks. I crush zoolock harder than handlock so each match I hope I am facing a zoolock since I generally mulligan towards facing them.

04/15/2014 06:36 AMPosted by dklein
inb4 people who play zoolock tell you zoolock isn't a rush deck, even though the win/loss is decided before turn 6 90% of the time.

Rush decks can win without fighting for board control. Zoolock is a board control deck. Sorry if you almost always lose before turn 6, this means you are facing a lock who gets the perfect hands every time and you always get the worse hand to counter it, every time.

And lots of decks can win before or around turn 6 if you play crap versus it so your experience of always losing or winning before turn 6 sounds like you're just bad.

Sure, the stats provided in this thread are probably exaggerated but the sad part is that they are still not very far from the truth. Way too many bad players are abusing zoo to gain ranks because it's so strong and easy to play.

That's nice, I was ranked 25th legend end of last season, and currently 52. I don't see as many zoo decks as you claim.

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/13311672/test-season-4-final-rankings-americas-4-3-2014
Edited by Fear on 4/15/2014 4:18 PM PDT
04/15/2014 04:13 PMPosted by Con
04/15/2014 04:07 PMPosted by Meso

And your personal experience is an extremely small sample size. And yes you do need stats to prove yourself, in particular if you want to throw stuff around like it is 70% class x. It is called burden of proof.

Sure, the stats provided in this thread are probably exaggerated but the sad part is that they are still not very far from the truth. Way too many bad players are abusing zoo because it's so strong and easy to play.

Oh , so you know I am right you just want to attack me because of personal distaste? Moving on then.

How exactly do you expect someone to provide stats? Do you think hearthstats is a valid source, or what other links are you referring to that back you up? Because surely you understand that hearthstats can't tell the difference between for example zoo and handlock, or even what rank the games are played at.

Whether people have exaggerated their stats or not in this thread doesn't change the fact that they have a point. You enjoy exaggerating yourself, which we can tell by your posts in this thread, so what would that say about you?
!@#$ I hope I see more Zoo, deck is ezwins, this midrange Hunter bull%^-* has gotta stop.
!@#$ing Kolento, %^-*ing Gaara. I was hoping no one would ever discover a way to make a deck work with Houndmasters.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]