Zoo Warlock ruins the game

(Locked)

The big difference between you and me is that I have personal experience from rank 5+. I don't need stats to tell that there is a stupid amount of zoo locks and facerush hunters at high ranks. Most of them have awful mechanics, even at legend, and would never get that far with a real deck.

Sure, the stats provided in this thread are probably exaggerated but the sad part is that they are still not very far from the truth. Way too many bad players are abusing zoo to gain ranks because it's so strong and easy to play.

That's nice, I was ranked 25th legend end of last season, and currently 52. I don't see as many zoo decks as you claim.

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/13311672/test-season-4-final-rankings-americas-4-3-2014

I play on EU so it might be why. Should probably have mentioned that.
agree, both hunter and warlock has op card draw mechanism , I often find myself 5 card behind as mage. it is not fun to lose when you manage to slow them with all the effect and they will spam 2-3 minion back again in the next turm.
Edited by ziruo on 4/15/2014 4:31 PM PDT
04/15/2014 04:28 PMPosted by Meso

Or you could have not tried to act like the voice of god and try to carry out a personal vendetta against people. It seems to be working well for you though so carry on.
04/15/2014 04:30 PMPosted by Con
04/15/2014 04:28 PMPosted by Meso

Or you could have not tried to act like the voice of god and try to carry out a personal vendetta against people. It seems to be working well for you though so carry on.

Oh the irony... I'm not the one with 5k posts who constantly needs to argue for the sake of arguing.
con plz
I agree 100%.

Between that and the Hunter rush deck, the game is almost completely destroyed for myself. In my opinion the balancing in this game is beyond repair. I know I gave feedback on the Beta, just like everyone else, but for some reason you refuse to fix your game Blizzard. Half of the cards are USELESS and half of them are OVERPOWERED.

Who the heck gave the OK for the balance in this game? He sucks at his job.
04/15/2014 04:40 PMPosted by Meso
04/15/2014 04:30 PMPosted by Con

Oh the irony... I'm not the one with 5k posts who constantly needs to argue for the sake of arguing.

Post count call out. You have bested me.....

And it isn't for the sake of arguing, it is about having actual facts to fall back. Something you and your ilk like to ignore.
I tried it today and I got the farther then with any other deck. Not sure how you want to counter it though.
04/15/2014 04:53 PMPosted by Con

Post count call out. You have bested me.....

And it isn't for the sake of arguing, it is about having actual facts to fall back. Something you and your ilk like to ignore.

You keep asking for proof even though it's pretty obvious to anyone with half a brain that no stats can be provided. People are just talking about their own experiences. I guess that's hard for you to understand because between watching streams for "100s upon 100s of hours" and posting on this forum 24/7, you can't have much time over to actually play the game for yourself.

You call people out for not having actual facts to fall back on, but you are coming in to this thread and telling them straight up that they are wrong without providing any evidence yourself. Double standards much?
04/15/2014 05:05 PMPosted by Meso
You keep asking for proof even though it's pretty obvious to anyone with half a brain that no stats can be provided.

Odd there has been stats link a few times in this very thread. You just ignore or dismiss them though.

And when anyone but me post about it you have an excuse why they can be right yet continue to disagree with me.

d. People are just talking about their own experiences.

No, they aren't. They are stating things far beyond that. You have backed down a lot on it since people with a suitable rank that you couldn't bash on have posted but even you were saying that 'that is how it is and you don't know' until that happened.

s. I guess that's hard for you to understand because between watching streams for "100s upon 100s of hours" and posting on this forum 24/7, you can't have much time over to actually play the game for yourself.

Well over a 1000 wins, rank 5 almost every season since that has been a thing, 3*M before it was. Yea I think I get plenty of play time in. Also I read and watch a lot of stuff. Making yourself educated helps you not look stupid when you spout off stuff you can't back up.

You call people out for not having actual facts to fall back on, but you are coming in to this thread and telling them straight up that they are wrong without providing any evidence yourself. Double standards much?

You dismissing the things I have posted doesn't make them magically not exist.
So I'll ask again. What links are you talking about? You keep avoiding to answer me. The only links I find are to hearthstats.

And "people with suitable rank" equals one person who doesn't even play on the same server as me. You exaggerated again, which by your logic means that you should be ignored. So I'll just ignore you.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Please know how small of a sample size you are in the hearthstone world.

http://imgur.com/a/MzJ7k#B9CelDM

4-9 ranks , 430 games is fairly ok sample size.

And lets not forget the fact even you said people are exaggerating.
Edited by Con on 4/15/2014 5:19 PM PDT
plz con
<span class="truncated">...</span>

http://imgur.com/a/MzJ7k#B9CelDM

4-9 ranks , 430 games is fairly ok sample size.

So err... Those stats show that close to 50% of his games were against warlock or hunter, or am I reading it wrong? (41% on rogue and 49% on druid)

Are you saying that it's not a lot?
Edited by Meso on 4/15/2014 5:27 PM PDT

So err... Those stats show that close to 50% of his games were against warlock or hunter, or am I reading it wrong? (41% on rogue and 49% on druid)

Individually not really. And if you split them up into there own neither is anywhere close to the 70-80% we had stated for lock in the first place.

Do people play them a lot, yes. Lock is the most played class in the game. Is it all or even an overwhelming majority no, and neither is hunter, or warrior, or any thing else anyone claims when they complain about game balance.
04/15/2014 05:33 PMPosted by Con

Individually not really. And if you split them up into there own neither is anywhere close to the 70-80% we had stated for lock in the first place.

Do people play them a lot, yes. Lock is the most played class in the game. Is it all or even an overwhelming majority no, and neither is hunter, or warrior, or any thing else anyone claims when they complain about game balance.

But you have to agree that it's an issue when hunters and warlocks make up for almost half of the games in constructed. Most people do not enjoy playing against those mindless decks. The games are extremly coinflippy and there's no sense of achievement even when you beat them. This is why I personally find it harder and harder to log on for each day that goes by and I see less and less of my friends online. It only leads to frustration and threads like these. :P
04/15/2014 05:40 PMPosted by Meso
But you have to agree that it's an issue when hunters and warlocks make up for almost half of the games in constructed. Most people do not enjoy playing against those mindless decks. The games are extremly coinflippy and there's no sense of achievement even when you beat them. This is why I personally find it harder and harder to log on for each day that goes by and I see less and less of my friends online. It only leads to frustration and threads like these. :P

Where are you getting this 50% number from? From that sample size of 400 some matches recorded over the period of a month? lmao.
04/15/2014 05:50 PMPosted by Ichigo

Where are you getting this 50% number from? From that sample size of 400 some matches recorded over the period of a month? lmao.

I'm not the one who insisted on using those stats as proof... But they do seem pretty accurate judging by my own experience.
But you have to agree that it's an issue when hunters and warlocks make up for almost half of the games in constructed.

No, I don't. And what is an acceptable number? Also the numbers are skewed by the fact that that some classes can play more than one way. Lock get aggro and control. Hunters best counter is hunter. Warrior has a okay aggro and strong control, it is not surprising at all to see this in the upper realms of representation.

. Most people do not enjoy playing against those mindless decks.

Ahh, that word mindless. What you mean to say is you don't like it. If you play any deck poorly you will lose more. There is a reason not everyone makes legend even with these totally faceroll mindless decks out there.

The games are extremely coinflippy and there's no sense of achievement even when you beat them.

Your personal preference is noted, just don't think everyone agrees with you.

This is why I personally find it harder and harder to log on for each day that goes by and I see less and less of my friends online.

Ahh, the old me and my friends don't play anymore routine. Yea, the game is doing fine. You nor your friends or anyone repping the hardcore or 'real play' are the market they are even after.

It only leads to frustration and threads like these.

Which are basically the fruitless and factless ramblings of the disenchanted trying to make themselves seem like they matter more than they do. Exaggeration lends no credence to what you would like to see changed. And asking for changes merely because you don't like something is even less worthy.
Weird - I just happened to be reading this thread, booted my first game of the night (casual, as a mage) and ran into exactly this kind of Warlock.

All gold cards....

2 Twilight Drakes hit the board, then a molten giant. I was trying to clear them but didnt have the cards/mana to make enough of a difference fast enough.

It definitely was disconcerting.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]