Zoo Warlock ruins the game

(Locked)

I think people just don't like adding "comeback" cards to their deck. Most of them add win-more stuff in 1-4 drops which usually seals their fate against early aggro.

I have 2 ancient watchers, 2 sunfury protectors, 2 hellfires, 2 shadowflames and 2 defender of argus in my deck. Shadowflaming a watcher usually wipes the board completely. They don't have anything with more hp than 4. So I feel very safe from early aggro. The time when they win, is because their stars aligned which i think it is normal for an aggro deck to win from time to time against me.

The fact with ancient watcher, is that they will never attack it before it's activated. It's way too inefficient to spend so much resources on removing a minion that cannot attack and has such good stats.

How many of you has only 1-2 AoE in their deck? Zoo doesn't have something like coldlight seer on turn 3 that suddenly puts the murlocs out of AoE range.
Edited by Polite on 4/16/2014 12:29 AM PDT
04/16/2014 12:26 AMPosted by Polite

The fact with ancient watcher, is that they will never attack it before it's activated. It's way too inefficient to spend so much resources on removing a minion that cannot attack and has such good stats.

[/quote]

I go after the ancient watcher and try to get rid of it as quickly as possible.

One of the first things I tried, and failed at, was to build a druid deck full of taunting creatures and hero attacks. I would often bring out ancient watchers, and use a defender of argus on them - or silence one with an owl and beat my opponent mercilessly with it.

Knowing how useful they are, and how dangerous they can become... I would certainly focus a lot of my attention on making sure they disappear one way or the other.
04/15/2014 06:34 AMPosted by Mooney
8/10 times today Zoo lock mindlessly climbing up the ladder, requires zero skill absolutely ruining the game

Nerf rush decks this is so stupid

Learn how to handle rush decks.

I see people complaining about Warlocks and Hunters but i never have a problem with them. It's mages that kill me, everytime.
8/10 times today Zoo lock mindlessly climbing up the ladder, requires zero skill absolutely ruining the game

It's healthy for the game to have aggro decks. It keeps the control decks honest. If you watch the early seasons of fight night it was about who played more faceless and was more greedy with late game legendaries. Now you see much more all around balanced control decks.
18 out of 22 games I played this afternoon were against this same deck...

Its boring to me. Makes want to play a different game. I might as well be playing AI.
i agree, been playing at rank 10 or 11 today dropped to 15 after a barrage of warlocks and hunters....i just cant believe RNG forced me to face that many warlocks and hunters
04/16/2014 12:47 AMPosted by Bomyne

Learn how to handle rush decks.

I see people complaining about Warlocks and Hunters but i never have a problem with them. It's mages that kill me, everytime.

Then you'd be legendary. Hyperbole lying right here.
Another overlooked issue is warrior control. I feel like in order to build a deck to counter zoo you have to devote such a large portion of your deck to early game. When you do that your late game sucks and warrior control wins every match.

That is what I experience when playing my Paladin. If I add late game for warrior control I lose to zoo, if I add more early game I loss to warrior control. Priest suffers from this as well.
I assume warrior control beats these tempo rogue decks as well.
zoolock is deck which enables you to be a non-skilled player yet reach legendary. the reason why people don't play the deck is, because they do not want to lower themselves to such level.
The problem I have with it is that when handlock is sufficiently popular you are heavily disadvantaged in how you mulligan for both. Given you need very specific cards to deal with zoo and they tend to be completely different to the cards you need for handlock, it's usually a lose-lose proposition.

I have to say, I've had a lot of games where I faced multiple zoos, managed to get decent anti-zoo cards in hand, then faced a turn 4 mountain giant, followed by a turn 5 mountain giant. And that's not going to happen every time, but the inability to even prepare is problematic.

04/21/2014 10:00 PMPosted by venicide420
i agree, been playing at rank 10 or 11 today dropped to 15 after a barrage of warlocks and hunters....i just cant believe RNG forced me to face that many warlocks and hunters

I went from rank 3 to 6 on a string of about 20 consecutive games vs warlocks, most of whom were zoo, it got to the point where I felt i had to make significant adjustments to my deck on the assumption it was going to continue, but who can tell.
Edited by Renideo on 5/18/2014 7:46 AM PDT
The problem is the Warlock hero ability. They're drawing between 1.5 and 2 cards per your 1 when averaged over the course of the game. This means you need to be able to trade at a ratio of 1.5 minimum in order to just keep the game ticking over. If you want to get the upper hand then you're looking at a requirement to trade above a 2.0 ratio. In order to achieve this requires a favourable draw on your side and a poor draw on theirs. It's just too unlikely, even if your deck is constructed entirely to deal with Zoo.

Also, saying that the counter is control Warrior is stupid. There should not be a specific requirement to play a specific hero to counter a deck. It's basically making it a requirement for people to have every card in the game in order to be able to enjoy it. All heroes should be able to construct decks to deal with whatever possible decks. If they can't, then the role of the hero on the outcome of games is too strong and needs diminishing.
rogue, warlock, pay to win, rng etc. this game plain and simple sucks. worst game ever
Play Shaman, Handlock, or Tempo Rogue. Problem solved.
"Please know how small of a sample size you are in the hearthstone world."

-Every Zoo player, 2014
Troll harder kid.
04/15/2014 05:12 PMPosted by Con
04/15/2014 05:05 PMPosted by Meso
You keep asking for proof even though it's pretty obvious to anyone with half a brain that no stats can be provided.

Odd there has been stats link a few times in this very thread. You just ignore or dismiss them though.

And when anyone but me post about it you have an excuse why they can be right yet continue to disagree with me.

d. People are just talking about their own experiences.

No, they aren't. They are stating things far beyond that. You have backed down a lot on it since people with a suitable rank that you couldn't bash on have posted but even you were saying that 'that is how it is and you don't know' until that happened.

s. I guess that's hard for you to understand because between watching streams for "100s upon 100s of hours" and posting on this forum 24/7, you can't have much time over to actually play the game for yourself.

Well over a 1000 wins, rank 5 almost every season since that has been a thing, 3*M before it was. Yea I think I get plenty of play time in. Also I read and watch a lot of stuff. Making yourself educated helps you not look stupid when you spout off stuff you can't back up.

You call people out for not having actual facts to fall back on, but you are coming in to this thread and telling them straight up that they are wrong without providing any evidence yourself. Double standards much?

You dismissing the things I have posted doesn't make them magically not exist.

1000 wins? Wow, everyone bow down to the level 5 slum lord. Get out more.

Agreed. Thats all it is now. Mindless zerg rushes. So sick of it. I hope warlocks get the UTH treatment.

That hero power needs to be -4 HP per card. 2 is a stupid card engine.
Zoo is balanced, just run 2x bloodknight 2x wild pyromancer, taunts, AoE, heals, and cantrips. And draw all of those in your opening hand.
05/19/2014 09:01 PMPosted by SlyGoat
Zoo is balanced, just run 2x bloodknight 2x wild pyromancer, taunts, AoE, heals, and cantrips. And draw all of those in your opening hand.

Any time you have to run a specific hand just to counter a deck from a class they need to be looked at.
04/15/2014 06:36 AMPosted by dklein
inb4 people who play zoolock tell you zoolock isn't a rush deck, even though the win/loss is decided before turn 6 90% of the time.

Aggro =/= rush.

It's not a rush deck. It's an aggro deck. Just because they go for the face instead of sacking everything your one giant minion (a 3-5 for one) doesn't mean that they're "just trying to rush you down."

A rush deck is a deck that goes for the face like rush hunter. Aggro warrior is a combo of rush and aggro.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]