Zoo Warlock ruins the game

(Locked)

Please, all you Zoolock-Lovers do one thing:

Count the number of threads in the forums about Zoolock and get the mood of the community.

This meta is boring like hell because of this deck. That's it, give Naxxramas cards or nerf it, there is no other way out of this.
04/15/2014 06:36 AMPosted by dklein
inb4 people who play zoolock tell you zoolock isn't a rush deck, even though the win/loss is decided before turn 6 90% of the time.

Turn 6 is mid game... Just saying. Zoo lock is a board control deck, a faster one than many others but it is still board control. Rush decks tend to just ignore what the other person is doing and hope they can do 30 dmg before you can stabilize.

Two very different styles of play.
Err... Maybe zoo deck ruins yr game because u dunt know how to counter them.
As a control warrior, i might have to say that if i dont draw into either an axe 3/2, brawl(and that isnt still free win) or barron geddon, im pretty much screwed, and that is only to survive, not to win the game. Not to mention the fact that its all so booring when u are around rank 10 and all the braindead people are playing all zoo locks, and there is no variety in the game. Like come on i play only zoo locks, shamans and from time to time miracle rogue. Zoo is booring and in some cases OP, should be nurfed for the greater good.
Edited by Sheppherd on 6/23/2014 10:20 AM PDT
04/15/2014 06:36 AMPosted by dklein
inb4 people who play zoolock tell you zoolock isn't a rush deck, even though the win/loss is decided before turn 6 90% of the time.

04/15/2014 06:50 AMPosted by Droopy
ruins the game how? because you lose to it?

look to the hunter decks man and the UTH crap. ZOO is easily countered. It IS a rush style deck as well if played right. I have ended people in round 4.

If they counter with a few taunts, I concede. Its not a big deal.

just pointing out here how wrong every one is that says zoo isn't rush. yes it is. maybe it wasn't intended to be originally but it is definitely a rush deck now days. That's how it's played by the masses.
What's funny is that my Zoo opponents don't even play well. They make inefficient and bad trades, yet still bs wins because it's easy to get a free win draw. Zoo is the only deck in the game you can play badly and still win.

At least Miracle as disgusting as it is requires the player to make good decisions.
There are tons of freeze mages and druids that simply put every taunt available in the deck, so zoo runs into a dead end fairly quickly. Priests can also outlast it fairly easily.
Edited by Riv on 6/30/2014 11:14 AM PDT
06/30/2014 11:14 AMPosted by Riv
There are tons of freeze mages and druids that simply put every taunt available in the deck, so zoo runs into a dead end fairly quickly. Priests can also outlast it fairly easily.

its not that hard to bypass/kill taunts in druid decks.alot of times by turn 4 druids get overwhelmed
Miracle and zoo ruin the fun for everyone that doesnt play these 2 decks.

Zoo is braindead and soooooo forgiving. I see many of them making tons of mistakes, not playing around aoe at all and still win.
If you dont draw aoe spells, or dont have a perfect opening hand as control deck, then you lose no matter what.
And even if you draw aoe, then they can still fill the board again with all crappy minions they have in their hand.
Also, if they draw both doomguards, and the opponent doesnt have an immediate answer for it, they lose.

And for the people that say: Not everyone has legendary's so they play zoo, thats bullsh*t. Trump got legend 2 seasons in a row with budget shaman and mage. If you dont have expensive cards, then grind gold with arena or buy some cards like other players did.

The only thing zoo does, is allow bad players and noobs to reach legend, and ruin the fun for those who actually likes to play the class they like, like me playing midrange pala/shaman, and some others to play priest/control warrior or whatever

Miracle requires the player to do some better decision making. But still, its an OP easymode deck.
Every game is the same, they control the board early (they can do that very easy with 20 spells in their deck), bring you in lethal range (= 20+ hp) and finish you with leeroy at turn 9.

You cant win unless you have a lot of taunts at turn 9, or kill them before turn 9 which is very unlikely, or you stay out of lethal range (= 30 hp) at turn 9.

Completely bullsh*t, leeroy should simply be removed from game. It has no place in a game that is about board control and can be comboed so easy for 20+ charge damage from 1 minion.
Edited by Glennn on 7/1/2014 4:50 AM PDT
http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/hearthstonescrq1fw6k2dhb.png

Run this and beat them to death. ;)
07/01/2014 06:14 AMPosted by Kiku

No ancient of Lores
all i ever hear about high ranked play is miracle rogues
04/15/2014 08:47 AMPosted by RykerrK
How do you win against Zoolock?

Trade better. AOE is their glass house shattering around them; if you can empty their board with one or two cards and they're down to two weak creatures in hand, you win.

pretty much, i know i am a noob i've only started doing ranked these past 2 seasons and yesterday i just barely built a murlock deck i wanted to play it for once while i keep working on trying to build my control warrior deck. pretty much if my board gets wiped while your trying to rush it's over it will take such a long while to build back up that board and by the time you can other player has far more powerful cards than you
04/15/2014 03:32 PMPosted by StetsonHats
I'll be honest. I just recently started playing Zoolock after starting with a Mage and then building a really fun Priest control deck. The problem is that, as much fun as I have playing priest, the games last forever and I don't win enough because the Priest class is still really weak overall. I had all the cards except Doomguard for the Zoolock so I made my own variation. I immediately climbed from 14 where I got with my Priest to 9 going about 12-1 with the Zoolock deck. Yes it's easier and somewhat mindless, but I don't have the 300 epics you need to make a competitive druid or the 500 legendaries you need for control warrior. And I don't have a Leeroy or the other combos for Miracle Rogue. So if I want to level and earn gold to get ready for the expansion, Zoolock is my best option. I agree it's annoying but it's the state of the game right now. The games are quick, I earn gold quickly and level fast. Not a lot of downside.

i am pretty much right there with you, not sure if murlock deck is considered zoolock cause none of my cards go past 4 if i remember correctly. it's kinda hard to build those other classes OP decks without the handful of legendarys you need and the mass amounts of epics and what not without just shoveling cash into hearthstone to buy packs hoping you get the cards or dust to craft the cards. which i don't find worth it i'll just buy packs with gold
07/01/2014 06:56 AMPosted by Glennn
07/01/2014 06:14 AMPosted by Kiku

No ancient of Lores

Yup, too slow, no taunt. It is great in Ramp, but not that good vs Rush/Zoo. Innervate is better used on Ancient of War in such matchups.
Never had a problem with zoo. Sure, sometimes it can rush you down, but if you have decent curve and some taunts or aoe, it doesn't seem hard to defeat. If your deck involves you applying zero pressure in the first 3 rounds, then that is on you.
I honestly don't even think zoo is all that strong.

Control Warrior, Druids, and Handlocks aren't easy, nor is freeze Mage and Rogues.
Priest & Shaman will either crush zoo or be crushed depending on their draws.

I feel like zoo has an edge on Control Pally and Hunter.
Aggro pally which you don't see a lot of feels about as strong as zoo and you lose just as easily as win that match up.
While that is true, most turns zoo is just hitting you in the face and when an obvious trade appears you do it then continue hitting face. The thought process of zoo although is higher then hyper aggro, is still very low & often plays itself unless the player is extremely inexperienced.
The biggest problem with zoo is there are very few decks that have low mana cost value removal. & most of those decks are usually bad against hyper aggro. (examples, rogue loses do to lack of heals and hero power reducing health, handlock just loses because it can't stabilize fast enough 8/10 times) Which is mostly the only decks played today.(hyper aggro)

With the nax cards making aoe even less valuable, braindead aggro decks are only going to become more effective.
Edited by DARKKNIGHT on 7/1/2014 3:49 PM PDT
My thoughts exactly. They play around nothing and win because you didn't draw the answer. Its so infuriating to craft a control deck then not be able to enjoy it because 9/10 players play like that.
07/01/2014 04:41 AMPosted by Glennn
Miracle and zoo ruin the fun for everyone that doesnt play these 2 decks.

Zoo is braindead and soooooo forgiving. I see many of them making tons of mistakes, not playing around aoe at all and still win.
If you dont draw aoe spells, or dont have a perfect opening hand as control deck, then you lose no matter what.
And even if you draw aoe, then they can still fill the board again with all crappy minions they have in their hand.
Also, if they draw both doomguards, and the opponent doesnt have an immediate answer for it, they lose.

And for the people that say: Not everyone has legendary's so they play zoo, thats bullsh*t.
Edited by DARKKNIGHT on 7/1/2014 4:07 PM PDT
Yes this. I searched for cheap deck make ups and found a Zoo deck that did not require legendary cards. So I gave it a try and I won 7 matches in a row. I lose a lot too since I don't have very much skill but for me getting to win a few times was great.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]