Jaraxxus

See ya later priest community! I just got Jaraxxus in a boost pack from the daily quest so now I'm rolling a warlock!

I may not have a soul anymore, but it's ok.. I shall harvest plenty of other souls to make up for the loss!
Reply Quote
Hope you have the cards to back up that jarraxus up
Reply Quote
I do not but it's the only legendary I have gotten since I started playing in beta so I'm going to try
Reply Quote
I have one. Jaraxxus really not useful in anything other than handlock. You need some way to protect your face before you play him (otherwise in most cases playing him is suicide) so you need to at least have 2x Molten Giant, 2x DoA and 2x Sunfury.

Otherwise, you will pretty much never be able to utilize him the way he actually affects outcome of the game.
Reply Quote
04/15/2014 06:56 PMPosted by Dissentient
I have one. Jaraxxus really not useful in anything other than handlock. You need some way to protect your face before you play him (otherwise in most cases playing him is suicide) so you need to at least have 2x Molten Giant, 2x DoA and 2x Sunfury.

Otherwise, you will pretty much never be able to utilize him the way he actually affects outcome of the game.

I don't even run Jaraxxus in my Handlock anymore. He doesn't have a good enough impact on the game at that stage. He only resets health to 15 and gives you a 3 power attack. which sometimes is enough to win the game, but usually I would rather play something else. I took out Jaraxxus and started running The Black Knight instead and I end up using The Black Knight far more often than I ever used Jaraxxus. I still have Alexstrasza for the life reset and she puts an 8/8 body on the board. I'm running 6 Legendary's in my Handlock and none of them are Jaraxxus.

Bloodmage Thalnos
Leeroy Jenkins
Cairne Bloodhoof
The Black Knight
Ragnaros The Firelord
Alexstrasza

I even played against a warlock at rank 13 that was running Sacrificial Pact and he saved it the entire game just to kill my Jaraxxus, I don't know if it's a bug or if Blizzard intends it to work that way, but when you cast a 9 mana legendary and lose the game next turn to a 0 mana basic card, there is something wrong. If you only need the 3 damage from the weapon swing to win the game, there are better ways to do 3 damage. Hellfire would do the job for 4 mana, Argent Commander would do it for 6 mana, Leeroy does it for 4 mana. If you need the life gain that bad, you are going to lose anyway because Jaraxxus provides no board presence. Alexstrasza is superior for that play, not to mention, if you haven't played your molten giants yet, Jaraxxus makes them impossible to play. Plus there is bluff factor, because your opponent is usually playing in a way preparing for a Jaraxxus that never comes.

If you an land him though, and don't get run down next turn, you can start pumping out 6/6 infernals for 2 mana. That is gamebreaking, but you must already have board control to make that play. Jaraxxus just seems like a win more card, which is something i don't usually like to include because they are liability when you aren't already ahead.
Reply Quote
Yeah was stuck at rank 12-15 with priest then I switched to warlock for ranked and just priest on casual. Made it to rank 4 with a warlock deck I made with whatever I had laying around. Don't even have doomguards... If you want to try it out here it is:

2x soulfire
2x mortal coil
2x abusive sergeant
2x argent squire
2x flame imp
2x voidwalker
2x dire wolf alpha
2x knife juggler
1x shadow bolt
1x blood knight (only have 1 in collection)
2x harvest golem
1x imp master
2x scarlet crusader
2x shatter sun cleric
1x hellfire
2x defender of argus
2x argent commander

The cards I have 1 of are cards I don't ever want to see the possibility of 2 in my hand. Only 2 exceptions are imp master and BK which I have only one of anyways. In my opinion, much stronger than my priest deck.
If people still think priests are OP, idk... I got to rank 4 with 69 warlock wins.

edit: rank 3 with 80 wins
Edited by Askuriel on 4/17/2014 2:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Goodbye and good luck, though now that you're a traitor to the side of light, I'm looking forward to thoughtstealing a sacrificial pact from you in the very near future.
Reply Quote
I got respect for Jaraxxus, he's my favorite legendary in the game, just because of how cool he is.. and I main Paladin. Nice pull enjoy the Eredar Lord.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]