If you encounter technical issues such as crashing, latency, or specific errors when playing Hearthstone on your iPad, try Apple's iOS app troubleshooting steps, provided below. If you need technical support for your iPad, please contact Apple Customer Support for assistance
. As always, we recommend that you back up your device
and check for iOS updates
If you are experiencing performance issues on older iPad devices, notably iPad 2 and the iPad Mini (1st generation), please restart the device and close other apps that might be taking resources in the background. You shouldn't have to restart the device every time, but it's fastest/easiest way to clear out your memory and is especially effective shortly after installing the client. There may still be some slowdown during intense particle effects but you should notice much improved performance.Crashes
Should you encounter a crash, please post a Crash Log in our Mobile Bug Report forum
. Forcing an iOS app to close in 7 and above
Forcing an iOS app to close in 5 and 6
- Double-click the Home button. (Using Gestures, swipe 4 fingers upward)
- Swipe left or right until you have located the app you wish to close.
- Swipe the app's preview upward to close it.
Restarting your iOS device
- Double-tap the home button, a tray should display at the bottom of your screen with all the apps that are in the background.
- Tap and hold on any of the app icons in the bottom tray. They should start to wiggle and have a small red X on them.
- Tap the small red X on any apps that may be drawing resources. This is mostly for recently used apps. This will remove the app from the background.
Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button on the top of your device until the red slider appears. Then drag the slider to turn your device completely off. Once the device has powered off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until you see the Apple logo. The device will begin to boot.Resetting your iOS device Resetting your device should be a last resort and only if you are unable to restart using the process above.
To reset, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. You may release the buttons once the logo has appeared and the device has begun to boot.