LightWarden

I have noticed against Hunters; the games I get Lightwarden out go much better for me.

Either they hit me for 2 on there next turn and I heal up on my turn 2 and then hit them for 3 or they just dont hit me at all and I hit them for 1 for a few turns.

Point being, the first few turns they stop the hero ability from hitting me and more often then not that extra 4-8 points of dmg saved really comes through for the win against hunters.

anyone have any other good options against hunters?
Reply Quote
I like auchenai soupriest + circle of healing or just wild pyro + anything. Thats my counters to hunter outside of pray for watcher + taunt.
Reply Quote
I used to experiment with them, I cut them for Watchers. Hunter is already a pretty favorable match-up since we hard counter the hero power. LightWarden is just very Meh.
Reply Quote
Don't forget you can hit and heal him to boost her to a 3/2 on turn 2.

This way she trades up for when he does drop something
Reply Quote
04/15/2014 04:51 AMPosted by Rocuu
Don't forget you can hit and heal him to boost her to a 3/2 on turn 2.

This way she trades up for when he does drop something

you do realize your burning 3 whole mana for this trade up right? as in to make her be a 3/2 you spent 3 mana over the course of 2 turns
Reply Quote
^ didn't realize addition was such an achievement for you.

Yes I am aware, 3 mana for a 3 atk minion is not absurd.

I made mention of it because quite often we don't have much else to do with 2 mana on turn 2.

So to spend 2 mana on our second turn so that our minion that would have died the next turn actually gets to take our opponents minion with it. Is not a bad deal, especially when there isn't anything else to do with our mana anyway.

So for 3 mana you either: remove a minion, or buff your minion by 2/0 for the next turn.
Edited by Rocuu on 4/15/2014 9:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I was trying to be polite. o well,

You made this post trying to sell a 2 toughness minion as some magic answer to hunters.

UNLESS YOU PLAY HUNTERS WHO ATACK YOU WITH TIMBERWOLVE'S ONLY IN THE FIRST FEW TURNS, the light warden is maintaining the same roll of ANY 2 DROP YOU COULD HAVE CHOSEN. considering how you are using it it effectively does 0 damage on its first attack, so it is worse than a 2 mana 3/2 woth no abilities.

Any hunter past rank 17 will simply blow a murlock on it, like they would do with a 3/2 in the same position.

You have not established that light hunter is superior in ANY WAY to a pyromancer/ooze in the same spot vs hunter except the blind claim that they don't hero power you for 4 turns.
how the hell is it living beyond the 2 turns it takes for your light warden to hit for damage?
Edited by gilhena on 4/15/2014 9:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Maybe you should should actually read the handles before throwing wild accusations filled with your rage of hunters...

I did not claim anything that your aforementioned post says I did, nor does it have anything to do with my support for the light warden as a card.
Reply Quote
sorry, I didn't bother name checking you versus the op who apparently hasn't said a thing since his original post. Since you were the only one who spoke out for the light warden after his original I messed up.

I think im a little on edge right now because of how much of a pain it is that half my games around rank 12 are vs hunters and I am extremely inconsistent versus them.
Reply Quote
Well I feel for ya, nothing but hunters dropping that UTH for the win.
Reply Quote
I've been playing with them.. it would be really nice if they were 3 HP, but they work fine if you have the power word: shield with it. flametrap, arcane shot, and almost any other 1 drop trades with them.
Edited by RatedGG on 4/16/2014 7:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]