Paladin hero power

anyone else feel this is pretty gimp compared to the other hero's? every other classes hero power takes immediate effect EXCEPT for one shaman totem - the 1/1 - which i honestly also think should be reworked.
Mage fireball can hit anything, hero's life or minions immediately
Priest gain 2 health immediately
Hunter deal 2 damage immediately
Warlock deal 2 damage to self, draw card immediately
Warrior gain two armor immediately
Rogue gain a 1/1 with 2 charge weapon immediately
Druid gain 1 armor and 1 attack immediately
Shaman gain 1 totem - 3/4 take effect immediately/at the end of turn
Paladin summon a 1/1 and have him sit there only to be used til next turn just like every other minion... any chance you could add a charge effect to it? or just rework it so it doesn't feel so gimp?

I understand it might feel to similar to Mages if it has the charge effect but it can't go through taunts like a Mage so it is slightly better/stronger. yes that means it could be buffed for insane instant damage but i don't see any serious pally decks really running the buffs anyway... thoughts? Arguments? for/against...

I assume nothing is getting done with it; especially with the new cards being released shortly but someone can hope/dream of having to play something other then Hunter/ZooLock right?
Reply Quote
makes sense to have the 1/1 be a charge. The issue is, it can get op turn 6, you charge and drop kings on it and its a 6 damage charge, not really fair.

If there is a charge, probably be best to now allow buffs like might or kings on the recruits

Or it charges and it goes away end of turn so it can't stay on the board.

I dont know, would like a hero power with immediate impact like the other heroes, but who knows.
Reply Quote
It really needs something, it's by far the weakest Hero Power by far. Makes me feel worthless when I go Paladin vs a Warlock. My goodness are they ridiculous.
Reply Quote
yea i completely agree Kidofcrash it would cetainly be overpowered by turn 3 even if you just start throwing might into it, then kings, etc... I suppose they could word it similar to fairy dragon except it can not be targeted by friendly spells? would still allow for friendly buffs tho :/
Reply Quote
ya, something needs to change. not very fair shamans can draw four different type of totems, hunter can do 2 damage to the hero, warlock can draw cards, mage can do 1 damage to anything they want, warrior can armor up, druid can do one daamage plus shield, and rogue can do 1 damage all on the same turn.

THe recuirt doesn't do much, i mean it can get attached and do damage, but it doesnt have immediate impact like the other powers.

I feel it should be a charge and it goes away at the end of the turn.
Reply Quote
I disagree. Warrior hero power is the weakest IMO.

I love getting any minions I can on the board, I'm not saying the pally power is the strongest, but it's certainly not the weakest. Turn 6 comes around, you have one minion out. Drop the hero power, and throw a defender of argus between the two. That hero power just gave you a 2/2 with taunt.

How is that weak. It's another minion your opponent has to counter.
Edited by PHxLoki on 4/22/2014 12:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Silverhand recruit wins me games.
Turn 2 i drop a minion, mage plinks
turn 3 drop a recruit, mage plinks it
turn 4 drop a recruit, mage plinks it again.

I wasn't going to be playing anything bar counters to what the mage was playing, instead they burnt out 6 mana over 3 turns to remove a insignificant part of my deck.It gets even better with a SoJ around cause then they HAVE to burn cards to maintain board control or to get rid of it.

6 mana doesn't seem like alot. But thats 6 mana I've saved from going to my face making the inevitable turn 10 pyro delayed for atleast 3 turns.
Reply Quote
I think it's pretty clear when Blizzard designed Paladins they were expecting it to be played as a buffing class. but everyone learnt pretty fast to kill our minions the turn they were played so buffs turned into dead cards and Paladins moved to different strategies. I agree our tokens seem pretty useless. But I don't think by any means Paladins are useless so its a fine balance to changing things without upseting other strategies. If anything, I imagine blizzard woudl release cards to encourage a buffing sort of style again.
Reply Quote
04/21/2014 05:46 PMPosted by Sardorim
It really needs something, it's by far the weakest Hero Power by far. Makes me feel worthless when I go Paladin vs a Warlock. My goodness are they ridiculous.

Completely disagree, those other classes are BUFFS (or damage) but they don't draw a card to get a minion out. Paladin would be OP if we got charge AND don't have to spend a card for a minion they would have to nerf someplace else..

No it's good the way it is! Nothing wrong with the hero power... they are mean to meant to be replacements.. just a power.

Those other "immediate" affects are minimal.. a warrior with armor.. that's pretty blah, the only one that is worth something is hunter 2 damage to hero.. but with priest and paladin heals it has negligible damage.

Warlock damages himself so I love to see a lock with no cards, 2 more points is 2 less for me to figure out.. so keep drawing those cards locks!.. that helps me.

The rogue is the same as druid however druid gets armor in addition to damage...

No thanks give me a FREE 1/1 minion, I will take it. Apparently you don't know how to plan well if you complain about a minion next turn...
Edited by Slipstream on 4/22/2014 9:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/22/2014 05:49 AMPosted by Squalus
I think it's pretty clear when Blizzard designed Paladins they were expecting it to be played as a buffing class. but everyone learnt pretty fast to kill our minions the turn they were played so buffs turned into dead cards and Paladins moved to different strategies. I agree our tokens seem pretty useless. But I don't think by any means Paladins are useless so its a fine balance to changing things without upseting other strategies. If anything, I imagine blizzard woudl release cards to encourage a buffing sort of style again.

If you lack sufficient minions they can be killed, then you don't have a proper ramp deck. Your costs are too high, you need smaller and more minions. Like you said, we need to buff the minions..if opponent has 3 minion and you have 1 lowly 1/1 of course they are going to murder him.

But if opponent as 3 and you have 3 2/2 3/2 2/2 and THEN you drop a 1/1 that 1/1 is HUGE! It's called planning ahead. . . . . they can't kill ALL minions if you do it right.
Reply Quote
Minor buff: It would be neat if we could use Reinforce to set off Mirror Entity/Snipe/Repentance/...
Reply Quote
Sword of Justice says "Hai!"
Reply Quote
As said many times, in a hero power dispute, we would win warrior, rogue, priest, hunter, shaman and warlock. And would draw against mage and druid. Of course it means nothing, but just saying.

We are the only class that gain a 1/1 for sure. That's huge.

Not saying it is the best hero power, but it's good.
Reply Quote
The power doesn't need to change, but the complementary abilities should take better advantage of it.

The mechanic of Frostwolf Warlord being used with Paladin minions. Maybe some sort of defensive harmony where, the more minions, the more health. There is already great synergy with spells, but better synergy with minions would be nice.
Reply Quote
I actually don't think its underpowered at all vs other classes. Being able to summon a 1/1 creature every turn without casting a card is pretty awesome actually. It makes the other player have to deal with that 1/1, because we all know what happens if we allow a Paladin to get too many 1/1's on the table, he can combo and buff them and devastate you with attacks.
Reply Quote
I really like the idea of the more silver hand recruits the stronger they get. Obviously it would have to be capped pretty low, but even something like +1 health while you have two or more recruits out? 1/1 is very underwhelming but I understand why they can't give it charge/taunt/bonus to all other minions.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]