"Spr Srs Warr" deck. Need crafting input.

Hey guys,

So I built up a Warrior deck that was able to get me to rank 19. If that's any indication of a decent deck, then yay, 'cos I think I managed to build one.

Here's the deck list: Won't all fit in one screenshot.

Inner Rage x2
Execute x2
Shield Slam
Whirlwind
Battle Rage
Cleave
Commanding Shout
Rampage x2
Armorsmith x2
Cruel Taskmaster x2
Charge
Shield Block
Demolisher x2
Frothing Berserker x2
Tauren Warrior
Kor'kron Elite x2
Spellbreaker
Brawl
Sunwalker
Baron Geddon
Grommash Hellscream
Ragnaros the Firelord

BTW, I'm not exactly sure what this sort of deck is called, other than "enrage deck". Is this what constitutes a control deck at this point?

Here's what I've been doing with this deck:

I play this deck like I'm Garrosh Hellscream on a siege, mang. Throwing out and beefing up smaller minions so that the enemy has to take them out, and then has less to deal with stronger minions like Grommash, and even then I use that guy to bait out their hard removals so Baron and Rag can wreak havoc unabated. Cards like the Spellbreaker and Sunwalker are mostly for utility, in case something comes up to surprise me. The demolishers are there, 'cos like, Horde-on-Siege man, and people don't typically wanna ignore them. If I could keep Demos up with a Berserker, that seems like a clutch strategy to ensure that there's a minion getting beat on that will keep pumping up the Berserker. Not what the deck is built around, though.

It's an enrage deck, plainly. That's why I've got the two Rampages, the two Inner Rages. I was running two Whirlwinds, but I felt I wasn't diversifying the deck with enough hard removals, so I put Executes back in, included a Cleave and included Shield Block for a last-minute buff for Shield Slam if I didn't have any Armor I was already sitting on.

I'm also trying to get a sense of the right amounts of Cleaves/Whirlwinds/Charges/spell cards to have in these decks, and figuring out between running just one or both copies of some of these cards to get the plays that I want.

The input I'm looking for:

I'm sitting on about 1500 Arcane Dust, so that's going to open up some crafting options. I could get second copies of Brawl and Commanding Shout (I already have a second Shield Slam, just not running it atm). I could also craft a new Legendary. I had a Sylvanas Windrunner that was being used in this deck for a bit, but I couldn't synergize with it very well, and she wasn't nearly as useful as I thought she'd be. If I were to craft any legendaries for this Warrior deck, I was looking at the Black Knight or Ysera or Cairne Bloodhoof.

Rare/Epics/Legendaries I've got but aren't running:
Not gonna list them all, but these are the notable ones that might be worth mentioning.
Rare
Master Swordsmith
Wild Pyromancer
Sunfury Protector
Alarm-o-Bot
Emperor Cobra
Imp Master
Injured Blademaster
Questing Adventurer
Defender of Argus
Twilight Drake
Abomination

Epic
Doomsayer
Faceless Manipulator
Mountain Giant

Legendary
Sylvanas Windrunner

So, what do you guys think? What changes would you make to this deck to make it run a little bit better? How dumb am I for not using some of the other cards I've listed that aren't already in my Warrior deck?
Edited by Dayon on 4/24/2014 7:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Throw in:
Defender of Argus
Faceless Manipulator

Craft
2x Acolyte of Pain

Add your:
2x Whirlwind
2x Shield Slam
2x Shield Block
1x Fiery War Axe

Get rid of:
Charge
Battle Rage - Acolyte of Pain will be for drawing cards instead
2x Rampage
Commanding Shout
2x Demolisher
2x Inner Rage - Cruel Taskmaster is enough for this effect
Tauren Warrior
Spellbreaker

Some consider Slam much better than cleave, It's matchup dependent though. I would probably play another weapon
or a legendary for it, I think Ice Yeti would do fine for now as well. This should make your deck under 30 cards, play around, based on your opponents on what you consider ideal.

This will make the deck closer to the fairly popular Control Warrior deck, without throwing alot of dust at it.
Still some cards to change, but then you will be close :)
Reply Quote
I'ma have to play around with that for a little bit. I'll make it its own deck and see how that works.
Reply Quote
You definitely need to add one Gorehowl, another Shield Slam, and another Whirlwind, two Slam's, and two Fiery War Axe's. It looks like you're missing card draw, and may run on empty as the game goes on, which is part of what the slams are for. Acolyte of Pain also synergizes really well with Whirlwind and the warrior class in general. As for legendary additions, do NOT craft Sylvanas with the warrior. There are so many better options, the primary two being Cairne Bloodhoof and Alexstrasza.

Turn 9 -> Alexstrasza brings their health to 15
Turn 10->Grommash+Taskmaster for 12 insta-damage.

Result: 30hp -> 2hp in two turns.
Edited by PHxLoki on 4/24/2014 11:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I ended up pulling Sylvanas, so I'm happy I didn't use dust doing that.

Funny story, I crafted a Grommash and then pulled him two packs later. Friends were watching my shared screen on Skype and my reaction thereafter. Hooray.

I was reading up on a Warrior deck that Lotus posted up that abused a Whirlwind + Battle Rage combo to get a lot of draws, but that build also had Acolyte of Pain included. That was running Gorehowl, also.

Why do I have the idea that Gorehowl is not a great card? I remember reading up about how it's useless in the meta. I think I need to pay more attention to forums and such so I can try to get some more consistent information.

But, okay, I have 1500 dust to play with. Shall I craft myself a Gorehowl, or save up a little more and craft Alexstrasza? Which card is most beneficial to a Warrior deck at this point?
Edited by Dayon on 4/24/2014 11:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Alexstrasza then Gorehowl, just use an Reaper until you can get the Gorehowl. The nice thing about Gorehowl is that when you attack a minion it loses 1 attack, not 1 durability. So you essentially get in 7 attacks with one weapon if you only attack minions.

Alexstrasza is key for your finishing blow, combined with Grommash. So he should take priority.
Reply Quote
Alexstrasza, there is no question. Even if you didn't have Ragnaros and Barron Geddon you should still craft her first. Even if you don't like the warrior and you pull Grom you should craft Alexstrasza and learn to love the warrior. Gorehowl can wait it's a great card but it's priority three behind Grom and Alexstrasza.

edit: Okay, I hate Tauren Warrior, it looks great but the possibility of enrage is so remote that he's little better than a Frostwolf Grunt. Swap in Sen'jin Shieldmaster for him. Also It doesn't hurt to have a second Sen'jin. Warrior decks are often about speed or control so we rarely use taunts but Sen'jin Shieldmaster can be a good "oh crap" card for us.

Also your deck is Alexstrasza short of of Warrior Control it might be better to shift more towards that game.
Edited by Peripatetic on 4/25/2014 7:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/25/2014 07:12 AMPosted by Peripatetic
Swap in Sen'jin Shieldmaster for him. Also It doesn't hurt to have a second Sen'jin. Warrior decks are often about speed or control so we rarely use taunts but Sen'jin Shieldmaster can be a good "oh crap" card for us.

I love Sen'jin, but I haven't found him to be enough body for if things go sour that soon. Started running Sunwalker as an alternative. She costs a bit more, but that Divine Shield tho.
Reply Quote
I was playing with Sen'jin for awhile, and found that he wasn't as helpful as pyromancers when I swapped them out. For me pyromancers have really made playing against zoo a whole lot easier, and he works great with smith/frothing/acolyte.

I'm currently rank 5 with about 100 wins this season playing only warrior, so I don't have a huge sample size to say that one is better than the other.
Reply Quote
04/24/2014 10:15 AMPosted by BestPriestEU
Throw in:
Defender of Argus
Faceless Manipulator

Craft
2x Acolyte of Pain

Add your:
2x Whirlwind
2x Shield Slam
2x Shield Block
1x Fiery War Axe

Get rid of:
Charge
Battle Rage - Acolyte of Pain will be for drawing cards instead
2x Rampage
Commanding Shout
2x Demolisher
2x Inner Rage - Cruel Taskmaster is enough for this effect
Tauren Warrior
Spellbreaker

in other words, ditch your deck idea and just sheep along with standard control warrior

rofl
Reply Quote
04/25/2014 09:02 AMPosted by Dayon
04/25/2014 07:12 AMPosted by Peripatetic
Swap in Sen'jin Shieldmaster for him. Also It doesn't hurt to have a second Sen'jin. Warrior decks are often about speed or control so we rarely use taunts but Sen'jin Shieldmaster can be a good "oh crap" card for us.

I love Sen'jin, but I haven't found him to be enough body for if things go sour that soon. Started running Sunwalker as an alternative. She costs a bit more, but that Divine Shield tho.

To each his own. It works like a bridge to late game for me. However my deck isn't in the strictest sense a true late game control deck. It does function that way but I ditched the trigger minion game in favor of a small mid game core in the minions department.
Reply Quote
@OP It seems to me that everyone is just trying to turn you deck into the standard control deck, which its not. I would probably craft Cairne instead of Alex for this type of deck since you will be hitting them earlier than turn 9 so her effect is smaller, if anything at all.

Another thing to consider is what kind of deck you want to play. Yours right now is sort of half way between control and aggro and doesn't really do either that great. If you want to stick with aggression I would put in some raging worgens, amanis and switch charge for warsong commander.

I'd also probably get rid of the Brawl. This may be debatable but here's my thinking. This is pretty much a temp deck. It gets cheaper minions out then buffs them to keep board control. If you get in a situation where brawl is a really solid play you've probably lost already since you won't be able to rebuild board control very easily.

I'd say switch some other stuff but I feel like I'm being like the other posters but just in the other direction, toward aggro. You should probably just make an aggro deck and a control deck, see which you like more then push this deck toward that.

I do really like the idea of the deck though because it's definitely off-meta so people won't expect it. Add me up in game if you want and we can try to iron it out a bit.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]