Critque my deck

Hello everyone, I'm looking for suggestions on what to do with my deck. I made it to rank 17 with it last season and I have a decent amount of cards from doing the dailies everyday.
http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/rogue#87:2;90:1;127:1;135:1;157:1;198:1;286:2;326:2;385:2;386:2;395:1;417:2;422:1;433:2;435:2;471:2;518:1;523:1;568:2;604:1;
Reply Quote
There are a lot of sub optimal cards there, but before we get to tuning your deck, which is your preferred playstyle? Knowing that would help customize your deck.

Fist you have to decide if you want:

1: Rush - All out high impact face violence. The worse deck imo, but it can still be fun and you can cheese some wins with Shadowsteps and Coold Bloods.

2: Tempo - Control the board and press your advantages to win. It's a versatile deck that can play like a control deck vs aggro, or aggro vs control. Somewhat consistent but you need Leeroy and/or Black Knight for it to be really good (but it's still viable without).

3: Miracle - It's a combo deck that uses card synergy to burst your opponent in one turn after playing passive for a while. It's the most expensive one since it requires Preparation, Gadgetzan Auctioneer and Leeroy or Malygos (depends on the list). VanCleef and Bloodmage Thalnos are also recommended but not required. It's considered one of the hardest decks to play in Hearthstone but it's very satisfying to pull off a combo. Leeroy decks can win earlier but rely on attacking your opponent, and Malygos decks generally stall more and win later with powered up spells.

After you decide on one of those decks I will be able to help you further. And hey, maybe one day I'll compile all this and make a "Create your own Rogue deck Guide".
Reply Quote
There are also plenty of websites with decks and advice you could check out, google it. Not trying to be a d-bag just saying it's helped me with a number of decks.
Reply Quote
Tempo sounds like something I would go for. I've heard of Miracle Rogues, I'm nowhere near to start building those lol.
Reply Quote
Tempo is a pretty good and safe choice, and it was my first deck too. What exactly do you want from your deck? As in, do you want it to be fast, control the board vs aggro decks, a little more late game oriented vs control, just a standard deck?

Can help you more tomorrow, I have to sleep now.
Edited by Pugnator on 5/2/2014 8:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Fast but how does standard play?
Reply Quote
Sorry for taking so long to answer.

Well, although some key cards in Tempo never change, you can add cards like Defias Ringleader to make it more aggressive (although a bit less reliable), Shattered Sun Cleric to get more value, Sprint to have a better matchups vs control, etc.

The essential cards are something along the lines of:

2x Backstab
2x Deadly Poison
2x Argent Squire
1x Blade Flurry (debatable but it can be an auto win vs aggro decks like Zoo)
2x Eviscerate
2x Loot Hoarder
2x Harves Golem
2x SI:7 Agent
2x Defender of Argus
2x Azure Drake
2x Argent Commander

This leaves you with 9 slots (10 if you don't want Blade Flurry), so it leaves you room to customize at least 1/3 of your deck. I wouldn't advise deviating more from that unless you really know what you're doing.

Personally I fill those slots with cards that will help both my early game and finishing the game, so you could say my version is a bit on the "fast" side:

1x Shadowstep (combo with Leeroy and sometimes SI:7 or Argent Commander, or very rarely other battlecry effects)
2x Cold Blood (OP with bubbled minions and help finishing games fast, if you know how to use it you can get more than 4 extra damage with it)
2x Sap (good vs large taunts but also good to stop aggro decks and Savannah Highmanes)
2x Shattered Sun Cleric (amazing with Squire and just makes your early game more solid, even when it doesn't buff anything)
1x Leeroy Jenkins (I'd craft this as soon as possible if you like the fast aggro playstyle)
1x Sprint (having a fast deck also means you run out of fuel fast, so even if it's not that great of a card it can sometimes help)

Some people opt to run with more solid midgame minions like Chillwind Yeti, Senjin Shieldmasta, Dark Iron Dwarf and Spiteful Smith, but I like to have my mana curve peak at 2 instead of 4. The Black Knight is also amazing on this deck but I don't have enough dust to craft him yet. Some other minions you might want to consider if you want a fast deck are Defias Ringleader (great with coin, not so good without), Bloodsail Raider, Sunfury Protector, Edwin VanCleef, Bloodmage Thalnos and maybe a Spellbreaker or Assassinate because sooner or later you'll have to deal with something that has a nasty effect, even if it's just taunt (I use Saps though, because my policy is to ignore my problems for as long as I can).

The important part though, is to try things out for yourself and asking yourself after each match: "what does my deck lack and which cards do I wish I had or didn't have on those last few matches?". Also, arenas are good for getting dust.

If you need anything else just ask, and good luck with your deck.
Reply Quote
My tempo rogue deck has gone legendary two seasons in a row....both of the decklist and a good bit of explanation are available on this forum at

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/12249394896#1

Enjoy
Reply Quote
Cool, always nice to see someone pull a more rush oriented Rogue deck. I don't see the deck doing that well vs control, however. Are you sure it's worth it giving up on stuff like TBK just for the slightly better aggro matchup though?
Reply Quote
The decks 2 worst matchups are control warrior and druid. Still even those are winnable. I still believe the metagame right now has more favorable matchups(handlock/zoo/hunter) than non-favorable ones(con. war/druid). There really isn't a deck that will win every matchup. You just have to hope that most of the metagame is favorable matchups.
Reply Quote
I have more rogue deck come along more than more warlock one for now. Thanks for all the tips so far everyone, I appreciate it. And no worries about "lateness" Pugnator, I don't mind.
Reply Quote
05/03/2014 06:49 PMPosted by DrewStar
My tempo rogue deck has gone legendary two seasons in a row....both of the decklist and a good bit of explanation are available on this forum at

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/12249394896#1

Enjoy

What about replacing 1x perditions blade for a black knight,so the control matchups go better? I also dont feel like the knife jugglers go that well with the deck.. Ill test it though
Edited by Demon on 5/6/2014 3:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/06/2014 03:06 PMPosted by Demon
What about replacing 1x perditions blade for a black knight,so the control matchups go better? I also dont feel like the knife jugglers go that well with the deck.. Ill test it though

Well, he just answered that before. His choice is to maximize good matchups like Zoo and give up on bad ones like Druid (I'd say it's a personal thing). Nor sure on the Knife Jugglers either, but if you're lucky with the juggles it can be really good, considering the synergies with all the 1 drops and Ringleader. Overall it seems like a pretty ballsy deck.
Reply Quote
Are knife jugglers popping up less for rogues?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]