STOP with the miracle rogue complaints

I was a proponent of the EXACT change that happened to UTH months before it was decided (3 mana). I understood that it was too EASY to get off a good combo with it.

However, miracle rogues may be strong, but they DO have weaknesses, and are VERY dependent on drawing their auctioneers.

This is driving me a little nuts actually. It's a hard class to play, and you have to think intelligently to use it. That makes me happy. It takes skill to use properly, unlike the UTH combo.

ALSO Gadgetzan is a FIVE mana card. UTH is 2 and is about to be 3. You could draw half your deck on turn 4 and nearly wipe the board, or often completely wipe the board with a timber wolf on turn 5.

Gadgetzan can clear boards too, but it takes much longer to get to that point, and it has to survive.

It's a strong, but very beatable class that is very combo reliant and depends on having the right cards in hand (which is why I don't like to personally play the class).

Go play your own miracle rogue if you think it's so good.
Reply Quote
The problem is not the Miracle rogue. Hell the problem was not UTH. It is the abusive combos they create. Take out the Auctioneer out of Miracle rogue deck and see what happens.
Reply Quote
05/07/2014 12:34 PMPosted by AlexL
However, miracle rogues may be strong, but they DO have weaknesses, and are VERY dependent on drawing their auctioneers.

I don't really call for a nerf to either class, but you can replace the words "Miracle Rogues" with "Hunters", and "Auctioneers" with "UTH" and your exact same sentence applied to Hunters. favoring one change but not the other shows one hell of a bias.

People complained about Hunters for over a month with no real stats or evidence to back it up besides "they are everywhere" and "Kolento is using Hunter". Those calling for Miracle Rogue nerf have this little stat: The top 6 legend players ALL mained a Miracle Rogue, as well as 11 of the top 17 legends players, at the end of the season: http://www.liquidhearth.com/forum/hearthstone/2353-americas-season-1-final-rankings-and-what-they-played

It isn't always that cut and dry.
Edited by KPT on 5/7/2014 12:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
miracle rogue can still do his 18dmg with 3 cards combo even if u remove the auctioneer
Reply Quote
05/07/2014 12:53 PMPosted by Shukran
miracle rogue can still do his 18dmg with 3 cards combo even if u remove the auctioneer

Kind of like the same thing with how the UtH mana increase will reduce the frequency with which the combos are used, removing the auctioneer greatly reduces the frequency with which the rogue can have the required combo cards in hand and thus pull off the combo.
Reply Quote
05/07/2014 12:41 PMPosted by KPT

I don't really call for a nerf to either class, but you can replace the words "Miracle Rogues" with "Hunters", and "Auctioneers" with "UTH" and your exact same sentence applied to Hunters. favoring one change but not the other shows one hell of a bias.

People complained about Hunters for over a month with no real stats or evidence to back it up besides "they are everywhere" and "Kolento is using Hunter". Those calling for Miracle Rogue nerf have this little stat: The top 6 legend players ALL mained a Miracle Rogue, as well as 11 of the top 17 legends players, at the end of the season: http://www.liquidhearth.com/forum/hearthstone/2353-americas-season-1-final-rankings-and-what-they-played

It isn't always that cut and dry.

I don't play Miracle Rogue. I find it a frustrating as hell deck to play. Likewise, those who do play it deserve the strong combos. That's what the fricking rogue class is all about.

What do you want this to be? Rampdruidstone? Zoostone?

We ALL called for the nerf to UTH because it was TOO VALUABLE FOR THE COST.

Gadgetzan costs FIVE. It's already at the NERFED status of the new UTH, which is STILL strong, but IS balanced.

Everyone acts like UTH disappeared, but it just got put into a slightly more reasonable tempo spot.

Gadgetzan is ALREADY in a balanced tempo spot at FIVE mana, needing to be played on turn 5 WITH the coin and conceal to be useful ON turn five.

They also mained miracle rogue because they counter midrange hunter and zoo as well as being able to beat ramp druid reasonably well (the two meta decks and the one counter meta deck). Hunter couldn't be quite as viable anymore simply because all the decks were designed to counter them.

I believe that the meta is now going to be in the healthiest state it's seen because now people will be able to start making new decks that counter miracle rogue that would have been vulnerable to hunter.
Reply Quote
05/07/2014 12:53 PMPosted by Shukran

but they wont get those 3 cards without the auctioneers, at least not in time
Reply Quote
Gadgetzan is playable on turn 5 without coin. You just need prep.

I wouldn't be surprised if miracle is impacted by card changes down the line. I have no idea how. And I am not sure if it should happen. I lean towards thinking it shouldn't change.
Edited by Ichigo on 5/7/2014 1:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
metas develop, UTH was weakened. I think we should all give this game a few weeks with the changes and see how the meta looks.

God it feels like people pick a fotm for whining.....
Reply Quote
but still i prefer to think that leeroy is the wrong card, not auctioneer. because miracle rogue works just because it has that output combo that makes it competitive. it is unfun. not the miracle draw, but the way u are killed by such deck.
Reply Quote
Meh I dunno.
Conceal is kind of an annoying card and the auctioneer is broken at its base design-wise.

There's almost no way that card won't become a problem at some point. Any card that allows you to cycle through your deck is liable to break the game.
Reply Quote
Anyone who understands the basics of competitive CCGs knows that Gadgetzan is significantly more broken than UTH ever was.

I;m sorry that you are a n00b OP. Go back to farming Rank 20.
Reply Quote
Complainers needed a new target now that they feel UTH was "fixed" heh.
Reply Quote
As a legend ranked rogue player, I honestly think midrange hunter is harder to play. Unfortunately for you though, Blizzard just proved to the community that they are spineless and will cave into noobs crying. Miracle rogue will get nerfed. Then ramp druid. Then warrior and warlock. At this point priest might be viable again so they'll nerf MC to 11 mana and the cycle goes on and on.

Eventually everyone's deck will look exactly the same regardless of class where we just take turns trading the same vanilla creatures turn after turn. I can't wait!
Edited by NiXDart on 5/7/2014 3:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I hear these complaints a lot, and I personally hate the miracle rogue deck. But I think most people are overlooking what makes this deck so ridiculously powerful: "0" cost spells. Most miracle rogue decks run 6! I've played enough CCGs to know that any card that costs "0" is OP. Yes Leeroy and Auctioneer are powerful, but it's the "0" cost cards that put them over the top. And Preperation? Come on! A free card that makes other cards free??? Too much. Add to that the fact that in this game you cannot react to an opponent on their turn and it just becomes ridiculous. I honestly feel like Blizzard didn't go through enough testing with this game as solid strategies seem to be continuously getting trumped by OP combos. Any working knowledge of past CCGs would have shown them that a "0" cost card is just a bad idea. Look at the original MOX cards from Magic the Gathering. And as Blizzard begins to introduce more and more cards as time goes on, the options for completely abusing these free cards will only grow. Get rid of free cost cards Blizzard!
Reply Quote
05/15/2014 09:49 AMPosted by PianomanSJPM
I hear these complaints a lot, and I personally hate the miracle rogue deck. But I think most people are overlooking what makes this deck so ridiculously powerful: "0" cost spells. Most miracle rogue decks run 6! I've played enough CCGs to know that any card that costs "0" is OP. Yes Leeroy and Auctioneer are powerful, but it's the "0" cost cards that put them over the top. And Preperation? Come on! A free card that makes other cards free??? Too much. Add to that the fact that in this game you cannot react to an opponent on their turn and it just becomes ridiculous. I honestly feel like Blizzard didn't go through enough testing with this game as solid strategies seem to be continuously getting trumped by OP combos. Any working knowledge of past CCGs would have shown them that a "0" cost card is just a bad idea. Look at the original MOX cards from Magic the Gathering. And as Blizzard begins to introduce more and more cards as time goes on, the options for completely abusing these free cards will only grow. Get rid of free cost cards Blizzard!

0cc may be too strong with gadgetzan auctioneer, but 0cc are definitely not OP on their own just by being 0cc. You're basically saying even wisp is OP.
Reply Quote
I was a proponent of the EXACT change that happened to UTH months before it was decided (3 mana). I understood that it was too EASY to get off a good combo with it.

This is driving me a little nuts actually. It's a hard class to play, and you have to think intelligently to use it. That makes me happy. It takes skill to use properly, unlike the UTH combo.

ALSO Gadgetzan is a FIVE mana card. UTH is 2 and is about to be 3. You could draw half your deck on turn 4 and nearly wipe the board, or often completely wipe the board with a timber wolf on turn 5.

Gadgetzan can clear boards too, but it takes much longer to get to that point, and it has to survive.

It's a strong, but very beatable class that is very combo reliant and depends on having the right cards in hand (which is why I don't like to personally play the class).

Weren't hunters dependent on drawing buzzard and uth? Seems worse to be dependent on two cards. To make things more clear....

You were in support of a nerf, so it was alright for you to complain, but since you're not in support of this one everyone else shouldn't be allowed to complain? My aren't you important.
Reply Quote
05/15/2014 09:49 AMPosted by PianomanSJPM

Your comparison in this instance is flawed because in MTG one must draw their spell casting resources (Land cards etc), this is not the case in Hearthstone. The mana curve is constant and as such 0 cost cards are much less powerful they simply do not have the same effect on the game.
Reply Quote
There are several counters to Miracle. So they will not nerf it.

You should try putting your zoo, midrange decks on the shelf if you're loosing so much against Rogues. It seams like it's the only thing your playing against.
Reply Quote

kid rogue takes zero skill to use
they need to nerf to imedately
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]