The coin

Maybe it's just me, but whenever I go second I feel a lot more stronger than I do when I go first. I feel especially for rogue the coin matters way more because it's basically a free combo. you don't have to rely on backstab for your 3 drop deal 2, you don't have to creatively fine a way to fit in thalnos or another two drop just to get evis off. I'm not talking about the creative miracle, but from a design standpoint it seems the coin just carries a rogue a lot harder. I know most people don't play scrubs, but it alone basically shows that the coin makes and breaks that card. Do you have the coin? Scrubs just got a lot better against everything. Don't have the coin and not a backstab? only choice is to really mulligan the scrubs. It enlarges edwin for basically free, it's a free draw in miracle if you save it for your 5 drop. Turn 5, drop it, coin conceal. questing coin conceal. It's just sooo good.

Maybe i'm just overestimating it's power, but I just feel that when a lot of things rely on the combo and it's a 0 cost incrase your mana by one and instantly give a combo.. so strong.
Reply Quote
When I play my Paladin, I couldn't care less if I get coin or not. I only mention Paladin because that's the class I play the most.

With Rogue it's different, I think coin matters much more and you have a significant edge if you go second as opposed to going first.

Turn 2, you coin, S:I7 Agent, proc the combo and get the 3/3 on the field.

Or turn 5, play Gadgetzan, coin, draw card, Conceal, draw card. You get 2 card draws, and are able to get the Gadgetzan out a turn earlier with the Conceal.
Edited by PHxLoki on 5/1/2014 9:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I think rogues benefit a lot from going second, the coin and the extra card matters much more for them.

The coin is much good cause we don't have enough 0 mana stand-alone cards like backstab, if players could run 4 backstabs everything would be easier.

If there was a card like this:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/cardgenhs/p/IlODNP95.png

I would run it in every rogue deck i have.
Reply Quote
05/01/2014 09:51 PMPosted by pedroEX

Well yeah, the only reason to not run such a broken card would be if you had some gimmicky deck that was tight on slots, but the most gimmicky Rogue decks are usually Miracle based, and that card would be even more broken there.
Reply Quote
i think the coin and the mechanic of this is op and has to be changed.. i feel that with every class th eplayer who starts second has a big advantage.. getting one card more is ok but getting a coin which eliminates the fact of starting 2nd is op.. not only that the coin counts as spell which is somehow retarded and makes it even more OP.. so i think remove the coin or dont let her count as spell is okay too.. but then when coin remain in the game let both players draw same amount of cards at beginning too
Reply Quote
05/01/2014 09:54 PMPosted by Pugnator
05/01/2014 09:51 PMPosted by pedroEX

Well yeah, the only reason to not run such a broken card would be if you had some gimmicky deck that was tight on slots, but the most gimmicky Rogue decks are usually Miracle based, and that card would be even more broken there.

Maybe it fill the class weaknesses to well?

Just cause rogue class has combos it can never have good 0 mana stand-alone cards like hunter's mark or soulfire?

Also: Coin will never change until the winning rate of going second surpasses going first.(not likely to happen any time, especially with the increasing amount of rush decks).
Source: interview with senior game designer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMYFZ7Tp9Vk
Reply Quote
I find going first is always stronger especially against other rogues. Getting to turn 5 and 6 is very valuable.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]