priest op

every time i go against priest i lose having multiple silences doesn't mean !@#$ they just take your minions destroy yours and heal everything you did to them. REMOVE MINDCONTROL CARDS
Reply Quote
Oh how I love these threads. if you hate losing to the priest, walk a mile in his shoes. go on, I will give you a few days. OK you back? how was it? Did those 4 minions just take your lunch? How did those merlock decks treat you? and what exactly did you do with all those "add 2 poison to your weapon" cards that you thoughtstole? or because you say they are OP, how is it being in legendary? just a few questions i thought i would throw on out there..
Reply Quote
Silences? Whoever said silences are the way to go against priests? Seriously?

If a priest destroys your creatures and takes your minions, how would a silence help you?

Attack power 4 is your mantra. And ... about everything else, really. Very few people actually lose games against priests.
Reply Quote
silences are for the 20/20 minions that priests use
Reply Quote
What other class can take a 1/7 minion and turn it into a 24/24, then use it in the same turn without giving you a chance to silence, frog, sheep, etc... all for the cost of 5 mana crystals!? all you have to do is survive until turn 5!

They can mind control up to two minions, even epic ones.

they can mass silence, simply eliminate 4 minions 2 with attack <=3, 2 with attack >=5.

I don't even mind the card stealing abilities cause I find those to be just fun, and balanced to be fair. if I have those cards so should you, but seriously, buffing a minion into a 24/24 monster in one turn, and stealing your best minions is just way overpowered.

attack power 4 doesn't do anything against a 24/24 minion. NOTHING.
Reply Quote
"Stealing your best minions" is something that occurs from round 10 onwards, and up to two times. Unless you consider critters with "power up to 2" your best minions.

In the (highly unlikely and probably purely theorycrafted) Case Of The Mighty 24/24 Minion, the 1/7 should have probably given you some hint about what that particular priest was up to. If by turn 4 you have no capabilities to deal with that creature or at least put anything with taunt on the table, your deck probably isn't that hot to begin with.

Mass Silence is a spell, believe it or not, that isn't in any single priest deck I've heard of so far. Why? Because as a priest, you usually have far bigger problems by turn 4 than anything a mass silence would conventiently solve.

Seriously, take some turn to properly look at a class before you start flipping out and spamming a board with your cries of anguish. Just because you lost a match against a gimmick deck doesn't mean that class is OP. Especially when that class is the priest.
Reply Quote
I understand that you probably play a priest regardless of whether you admit it or not, and would not like to see it nerfed. I see you have made a lot of posts defending priests. But the reality is that the priest has an unfair advantage over all other classes. They are not unbeatable, but they are unbalanced by all means. Just enjoy the handicap while it lasts. I am not going to sit and argue with what you posted 'cause they are mainly opinion and you are entitled to yours, even if it is wrong.

Just this one:
"In the (highly unlikely and probably purely theorycrafted) Case Of The Mighty 24/24 Minion, the 1/7 should have probably given you some hint about what that particular priest was up to. If by turn 4 you have no capabilities to deal with that creature or at least put anything with taunt on the table, your deck probably isn't that hot to begin with."

2 divine spirit + 1 inner fire = 5 mana. It can work with the mogu'shan warden, but also with any other minion with 7, 6, 5 hp (There are a lot of those) you can silence a tank for 0 mana (there goes your tank alternative) and hit the hero for 20, 24, or 28. You may not see anything wrong with this, but the fact is that there is no other class in the game that can pull something like that with one minion by turn 5 or 6. That is a fact, not opinion. I have done it when I have played a priest. Its too easy, That's why I avoid playing priests unless its a quest, 'cause unlike you I don't like playing easy mode.
Reply Quote
I stopped reading after "the reality is that the priest has an unfair advantage over all other classes".

Why didn't you say right start that you were joking? Would have saved us all some precious minutes.

You know, every once in a while you should probably take some time and try to become a better player and/or deck constructor (yes, even in a Blizzard game) instead of just shouting OVERPOWERED! NERF! whenever you encounter something that baffles you and/or you don't like (in this case: BIG CREATURE! OMG! NERF!).

Again: fun deck. No one plays that because that deck loses 9 out of 10 times.
Reply Quote
Warrior with Frothing Beserker builds or Mage with two Apprentices/Kobold on the field. I have a trick with the warlock involving the Void Terror that pisses a lot of people off. Oh, Paladin with those cards that double minion attack strength used on the Rockeeteer? Heck, I fought a paladin who buffed a minion to 30 damage in one turn and literally one shotted me.

I admit though, a well played Priest *CAN* be one of the most challenging opponents. I myself have only won against a priest once after countless plays (I don't have many good cards) A priest can literally turn a game around if played right. With that healing well thing, a powerful taunt minion, and Inner Fire paired with health buffing magic cards. Holy !@#$.

Priest however is terrible against a Mage and Hunter. then again, every hero is terrible against the Mage.
Reply Quote
The only thing I ever wanted nerfed was the amount of legendaries a deck can have and the frothing berserker. Oh, and maybe add an emote to the game for whenever a hero uses their hero power.

Mage: "Got you a gift!" *Firebolt !@#$% slap*
Reply Quote
05/03/2014 09:33 AMPosted by Averroito
I understand that you probably play a priest regardless of whether you admit it or not, and would not like to see it nerfed. I see you have made a lot of posts defending priests. But the reality is that the priest has an unfair advantage over all other classes. They are not unbeatable, but they are unbalanced by all means. Just enjoy the handicap while it lasts. I am not going to sit and argue with what you posted 'cause they are mainly opinion and you are entitled to yours, even if it is wrong.

Just this one:
"In the (highly unlikely and probably purely theorycrafted) Case Of The Mighty 24/24 Minion, the 1/7 should have probably given you some hint about what that particular priest was up to. If by turn 4 you have no capabilities to deal with that creature or at least put anything with taunt on the table, your deck probably isn't that hot to begin with."

2 divine spirit + 1 inner fire = 5 mana. It can work with the mogu'shan warden, but also with any other minion with 7, 6, 5 hp (There are a lot of those) you can silence a tank for 0 mana (there goes your tank alternative) and hit the hero for 20, 24, or 28. You may not see anything wrong with this, but the fact is that there is no other class in the game that can pull something like that with one minion by turn 5 or 6. That is a fact, not opinion. I have done it when I have played a priest. Its too easy, That's why I avoid playing priests unless its a quest, 'cause unlike you I don't like playing easy mode.

I like how you know exactly what can happen, and yet would rather complain over actually finding a way to deal with it, as about 57% of people who vs. priest have. Seriously, l2p
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]