Mage

Mage is simply unbalanced. They're out of control. Fireball, flamestrike, and frostbolt need to be nerfed. I will usually just concede weather im in arena or constructed, just to save myself the pain of having a mage wipe the !@#$ing floor with me. I refuse to play it because it is just so simply overpowered and broken. Fix this and your game will be near perfect.
Reply Quote
I'd say they are perfectly in control considering they are the second worst constructed class in the game.
Reply Quote
And why exactly do you think they're the 2nd worst class? In ranks 10-20 where I usually am pretty much 1 in 3 is a mage with the EXACT SAME DECK! I don't care how not-OP you think their spells are, the reality is there is a HUGE meta hard-on for them at the moment and its not only near-impossible to beat them (with certain classes only I'll admit, I personally struggle big time with my shaman control deck).

Blizzard take note! It just isn't fun versing so many of these people! It would only take a few really minor changes (like spell costs up by 1, seeing as they reduce them most of the time anyway) to reduce their prominence and I might actually get some variety and not lose 4/5 games to mages pretty much by default.
Reply Quote
lol
Reply Quote
And why exactly do you think they're the 2nd worst class? .

i dont know... statistics? im pretty sure they weigh more than some rambling butthurt moron on the forums.
Reply Quote
And why exactly do you think they're the 2nd worst class? In ranks 10-20 where I usually am pretty much 1 in 3 is a mage with the EXACT SAME DECK! I don't care how not-OP you think their spells are, the reality is there is a HUGE meta hard-on for them at the moment and its not only near-impossible to beat them (with certain classes only I'll admit, I personally struggle big time with my shaman control deck).

Blizzard take note! It just isn't fun versing so many of these people! It would only take a few really minor changes (like spell costs up by 1, seeing as they reduce them most of the time anyway) to reduce their prominence and I might actually get some variety and not lose 4/5 games to mages pretty much by default.

Something tells me you're really new to this game.
Is it because you suggested a Nerf that was already implemented which was actually the reason why right now mages are not the cream of the crop?
Reply Quote
06/18/2014 07:45 AMPosted by Timmeh
In ranks 10-20 where I usually am

Nuff said, l2p stop whining!
Reply Quote
Not going to lie, Mages always kill my buzz whenever I am pitted against them unless I am also playing a Mage.
Reply Quote
Freeze Mage is the response to the dominance of Miracle Rogue. Before that, Freeze Mage wasn't that good, but now, especially after Dreamhack, Mages are seeing more play, even in the higher ranks. The counter-play to Freeze Mage is Control Warrior, which will probably see a rise in popularity soon. That's how the meta changes.
Reply Quote
06/18/2014 07:57 AMPosted by JesterSyxe
06/18/2014 07:45 AMPosted by Timmeh
In ranks 10-20 where I usually am

Nuff said, l2p stop whining!

I don't usually like to play the rank card, but this^
Reply Quote
What deck are you playing? Maybe it's just an unfavorable match up?

The trick to mages to make them use all their spells early, because with all those spells they will be lacking minions
Reply Quote
Mages have been nerfed into oblivion so many times, Mage was meta more than once before, then it got nerfed.

This time the meta will answer the freeze mage exactly the same way as it did last time. Healing decks, control warrior, Holy Pally, mer-lock etc etc.

More mages also means more value in cards like Faerie Dragon, Cairne, Harvest Golem, Ragnaros, Tirion and more emphasis and value in charge critters.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]