what makes us a rogue class?

as I see it Rogue is the definition of a street fighter in Blizzards book?

Priest steals better than us
3 class hides secrets better than us
Hunter avoid attacks better than us
Shaman double attacks better than us, do we not dual wield?
Warlock gang rap-s better than us
Druid hides better than us, because trees

only thing were good at is combat combos and magic dust to make enemy flee for 1 turn
Edited by ipeonyou on 5/2/2014 8:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
None of the other classes have disguised toast and their own town, scrub.
Edited by Krizalid on 5/2/2014 9:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
rogue [rohg]
noun
a dishonest, knavish person; scoundrel.
a playfully mischievous person; scamp: The youngest boys are little rogues.
a tramp or vagabond.
a rogue elephant or other animal of similar disposition.
Biology . a usually inferior organism, especially a plant, varying markedly from the normal.

I assume 4 and 5 don't apply here for obvious reasons, and neither does 3 because, although debatable, I like to think Valeera is more classy than that. Same for number 1, as Rogue is a class for gentlemen and scholars, who are by no means any sort of scoundrels.

So that leaves us with number 3, a playfully mischievous person. The "playfully" adverb describes the nature of cards games pretty well, so we don't need to discuss it either. Now let's see the "mischievous" adjective. The Rogue class makes use of stealth mechanics and surprise attacks like Leeroy plays to win, rarely taking on the opponent head to head because Rogue minions will take a beating from pretty much any other class's minions (ex: Ancient of War is huge, so if it slapped your girlfriend's a** in a bar would you punch him? Hell no, the dude's 5 times your size, you'd have to be crazy. Instead, you Sap him and shank the hell out of that wimpy Druid hiding behind him).

Is this enough to decide if Valeera is a Rogue? Probably, but at least we can all agree she's rouge, because she clearly likes to wear red.
Edited by Pugnator on 5/2/2014 12:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Is this enough to decide if Valeera is a Rogue? Probably, but at least we can all agree she's rouge, because she clearly likes to wear red.

She wear's rouge.
Reply Quote
I assume 4 and 5 don't apply here for obvious reasons.

I want an elephant rogue card and a card you give your enemy that causes them problems just so 4 and 5 become relevant
Edited by DruidFrog on 5/2/2014 5:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
A rogue in this game is like a gladiator.
A "warrior" without pride, so it resorts on "cheap" tatics to meet their goals.
Such as not wear armor so they can flee from combat quickly, hiding out also helps to flee when you are losing, deceiving and attacking in the weak spot etc.

Valeera history says, that she was a gladiator before.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]