Shadow word... kill 4-attack minion?

Got a prob with a 4/4 cards...carry more + spell cards and now you got holy nova hitting for 4 instead of 3.
Reply Quote
05/04/2014 03:42 PMPosted by PhillipFry
Got a prob with a 4/4 cards...carry more + spell cards and now you got holy nova hitting for 4 instead of 3.

Yeah, it is amusing what priest decks shouldn't have: things like the sergeant to give +2 to remove stuff with power word death, spell power cards, auchenai + circle etc

No wonder the decks are cluttered and struggle to get anywhere.
Reply Quote
I'm struggling to find a good reasoning as to why SW:D cant just apply to 4+ attack minions. You still only get to carry 2 of these as a priest, and you'd have to decide wether to spend one on a yeti or save them for the big guys. It wouldnt be any more OP than hex, poly or any other hard removal.
Reply Quote
Priest is fine. Watch the pros stream it. Any buffs would make the deck unstoppable in the hands of competent players.
Reply Quote
05/06/2014 02:35 AMPosted by Vaine
It wouldnt be any more OP than hex, poly or any other hard removal.
Of course it wouldn't, because compared to it, hex is broken.
Removal of absolutely anything for 3 mana that doesn't trigger deathrattles.
Reply Quote
05/06/2014 03:49 AMPosted by jjcompguys
Priest is fine. Watch the pros stream it. Any buffs would make the deck unstoppable in the hands of competent players.

More like you have to be a highly competent player in order to make the class viable in ladder at all.
Reply Quote
Here's a novel idea. Don't load your deck with 29 situational spells and instead use more minions to counter other 4 attack minions.

The Priest's removal may be situational, but it's dirt cheap. Who else can remove a Gurubashi for 2 mana? If you're still desperate to play the removal game, Abusive Sargent or similar does the trick.
Reply Quote
I think the 4 blind spot is fine personally, What I do think is needed is a Holy Smite type spell which takes away 2 attack power instead of health. Mind flay or something
Reply Quote
05/06/2014 12:34 PMPosted by DizzyBlizz
Here's a novel idea. Don't load your deck with 29 situational spells and instead use more minions to counter other 4 attack minions.

Sounds like what the mage class has resorted to as they too have a lot of crap class cards. I don't think that type of vanilla play style is what blizzard intended when they designed 9 unique classes.

05/06/2014 12:34 PMPosted by DizzyBlizz
The Priest's removal may be situational, but it's dirt cheap. Who else can remove a Gurubashi for 2 mana? If you're still desperate to play the removal game, Abusive Sargent or similar does the trick.

All classes have their strengths, so I don't think it's fair to condemn priests for having a situational spell which shines in specific situations.

I've tried the abusive sergeant combo, but it requires specific 2 cards to pull off and often ends in a 2 for 1 situation. abusive sergeants are a dead card in a priest hand otherwise. Third of all using sergeant to bring a 4 attack minion up to 6 attack to SW:D it means that the priest will be missing one of the few crucial removal spells that carries into the late game and they will quickly lose to the first rag that pops out.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]