Why is it called Miracle Rogue?

I don't think it takes a miracle to get the combos necessary to win. I don't think I've ever faced a Miracle Rouge that I didn't lose to from all their shenanigans, and I've faced a lot of Miracle Rogues.

Unless it's supposed to mean something else. They always seem to get what they need, and actually I'm not even mad, that's amazing. Just honestly confused about the name.
Edited by Shradow on 4/27/2014 9:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
it comed from an old MTG deck design that was called Miracle. To my knowledge Miracle was a tutor card and was central to the deck's path to victory
Reply Quote
04/27/2014 09:12 AMPosted by Shradow
They always seem to get what they need, and actually I'm not even mad, that's amazing.

Almost like... a miracle?
Reply Quote
04/27/2014 11:33 AMPosted by Pugnator
04/27/2014 09:12 AMPosted by Shradow
They always seem to get what they need, and actually I'm not even mad, that's amazing.

Almost like... a miracle?

It's too consistent for that, that's what I'm saying.

04/27/2014 10:02 AMPosted by Orimaarko
it comed from an old MTG deck design that was called Miracle. To my knowledge Miracle was a tutor card and was central to the deck's path to victory

Thanks.
Edited by Shradow on 4/27/2014 11:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/27/2014 11:44 AMPosted by Shradow

I was making a joke about how they always manage to draw everything they need against you. :(
Reply Quote
Atcually it came from the fertilizer miracle grow which was the nickname for the MTG deck that revolved around growing a minion to ridiculous stats to win which is where you see leeroy and Edwin
Reply Quote
04/27/2014 03:22 PMPosted by Riseonix
Atcually it came from the fertilizer miracle grow which was the nickname for the MTG deck that revolved around growing a minion to ridiculous stats to win which is where you see leeroy and Edwin

Is this actually true? lol
Reply Quote
Kolento once said: don't you think it's a Miracle that a player can kill you in the next turn with nothing but a Gadegtzan on the board and a single spell in their hand?

Something to that regard.
Reply Quote
it's a miracle they can draw out half their deck and deal like 20+ damage in one turn ^^ if you've watched players play the deck correctly, you will understand the miracles involved to make the deck work ^^ and yea, it is impressive
Reply Quote
I always think of it like "Hey how did you do that in JUST ONE TURN?" You're supposed to be amazed at what you/they can do in just one turn (i.e. 20+ damage). Kind of like a miracle.
Reply Quote
Because of this: (just 1 minute) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U4FuCU9l-A
Reply Quote
I never believe it before. but then I saw my first miracle opponent.. I cornered him, he was down to 10hp less, he has nothing and I have board control the next turn he manage to turn it around and wreck me the next turn after that. It was glorious! after that I played miracle and I tell you playing miracle is like playing with drugs its addicting but feels bad sometimes if your draw sucks. also theres plenty of miracle deck and Cho is the funnest one
Reply Quote
04/27/2014 07:15 PMPosted by Rubdown
04/27/2014 03:22 PMPosted by DarkAngel98X

Yep. Although the description left out the part about the Miracle Gro (no "w" in original deck title) running far fewer lands (resources) that the average competitive deck. Hence, it was a miracle that a deck that should be play inconsistently due to mana issues was instead able to reliably play and buff up minions to monstrous sizes for the win.

Now was Miracle Rogue named after this old MtG deck, or is it named so because of something Kolento said on his stream? That I don't know for certain.
Reply Quote
The name Miracle isn't related to Kolento. However, Kolento plays Miracle Rogue in a miraculous way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqmuIgSyYuo
Watch game 1 (starts at 14:10)
Reply Quote
04/27/2014 11:44 AMPosted by Shradow

Sadly, it isn't the same perspective from the Miracle player. The deck has incredible potential, but there will be times when nothing can come together. It also has weaknesses that a class like 'Lock or Druid can handily exploit. Most of my wins come from patching together the components, rather than trying to sit out a single huge OTK.
Reply Quote
05/06/2014 01:29 AMPosted by MightyKong
04/27/2014 07:15 PMPosted by Rubdown

Yep. Although the description left out the part about the Miracle Gro (no "w" in original deck title) running far fewer lands (resources) that the average competitive deck. Hence, it was a miracle that a deck that should be play inconsistently due to mana issues was instead able to reliably play and buff up minions to monstrous sizes for the win.

Now was Miracle Rogue named after this old MtG deck, or is it named so because of something Kolento said on his stream? That I don't know for certain.

Miracle Rogue were pretty much the first cookie cutter, really good Hearthstone deck (rogues were hilariously overpowered in early beta). The point of the deck were a bit different back then. It was all about getting that stealthed VanCleef buffed like crazy and kill them the next turn. The name just stuck around.
Reply Quote
The miracle mechanic in MTG is when you can cast a card for its miracle cost if it's the first card you drew that turn. (example: http://magiccards.info/avr/en/81.html)

The combo in this deck is to draw into your miracle cards during your opponent's turn with cards like think twice (http://magiccards.info/isd/en/83.html) or brainstorm (http://magiccards.info/ddj/en/13.html) to trigger miracle on your opponent's turn.

Some miracle cards have little impact on the game, but the good ones can literally turn the tides in your favor (http://magiccards.info/avr/en/48.html), others can just win you the game the turn after you play it (http://magiccards.info/avr/en/20.html).

But the miracle growth makes more sense to me.
Edited by Wei2Dead on 6/10/2014 5:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Because its a cheap playstyle that requires no skills
Reply Quote
05/06/2014 05:04 PMPosted by SondreSnurr

Miracle Rogue were pretty much the first cookie cutter, really good Hearthstone deck (rogues were hilariously overpowered in early beta). The point of the deck were a bit different back then. It was all about getting that stealthed VanCleef buffed like crazy and kill them the next turn. The name just stuck around.

This^ In the old Beta VC had an immediate stealth upon being dropped on the floor.
Reply Quote
Miracle is actually an mtg deck involving the mechanic miracle which allows you to play cards on the cheap when you draw them
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]