Idea to make redemption more logical.

When I cast a core hound, the mage I was playing immediately sheeped and shot it with little 2 mana fireball. As the sheep died, it triggered redemption, summoning a brand new sheep.

My problem with this is that the effect on my card should be removed by death, much like when Redemption pops on a card that had been Blessing of Kings buff; I get that card back, but it no longer has Kings.

So ideally I would prefer the same set of rules for both sides of the coin. If I can't get my buffed version of the card back, why do I then have to get a sheep back instead of the card I played in the first place.

I'm sure people can throw out a bunch of 'good reasons' that it works this way, but to me it makes no sense.
Reply Quote
The thing is that Polymorph and Hex aren't an effect on your card, they change the card in to a different card. The old card doesn't exist. This is completely different to a buff like Blessing of Kings, which keeps the same old card but modifies it. Note that silence does not change a Frog or Sheep back either.

They aren't two sides of the same coin, and so the same rules needn't apply. A minion that has been debuffed and then dies and returns from a Redemption is no longer debuffed, and a little minion that is transformed in to a Devilsaur that is killed and brought back with Redeption stays as a Devilsaur. Those are the other sides of the coin.
Reply Quote
Or don't use redemption, I don't see it being worth putting in any paladin deck atm. Could be mistaken but eh.
Reply Quote
It can be pretty awesome if you time it with certain cards. Such as Cairne. But yes, way too situational and like all the Paladin secrets probably not viable for ranked.
Reply Quote
One of my favorite tactics is to bait out hard removals or monster-morph cards with midrange taunts, then when I know they've none left I drop a Sunwalker or Tirion with Redemption combo.
Reply Quote
04/27/2014 09:14 PMPosted by PHxLoki
Or don't use redemption, I don't see it being worth putting in any paladin deck atm. Could be mistaken but eh.

Redemption is amazing if you know how to use it properly. I run 2 Redemptions in my Paladin deck and often helps me establish board dominance early game and has won plenty of late games for me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]