Rename Mindvision?

I think that "Mindvision" should be renamed "Coinvision".

The last three priests that I've played against that used Mindvision on Turn 1 going first got my coin.

I've only even used Mindvision twice myself, both times grabbing a coin on turn 1 when I had no other plays. After that I took it out of my deck.

I've also watched various players on Youtube using Mindvision on turn 1 going first... always been a coin.

It's starting to get to the point now when I don't think it's random chance any more.

Anyone else have their own experience to share, or is this just me?
Reply Quote
Just don't use this card
Reply Quote
wait for the opponent to use the coin?

Same rule as counterspell.
Edited by pedroEX on 5/3/2014 5:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The point is not how to play around it. I couldn't care less, it's not in my Priest deck. The point is that Mindvision is meant to take a random card and in my experience it always takes the coin- a 1 in 5 chance. I'm almost certain I've seen 5/5 coins being taken where it was possible to do so, a 1 in 3125 chance.

I was asking for others experiences before reporting it as a potential bug. Instead of unwanted advice for someone that avoids playing Priest as much as possible, please can you give your stats (if known) on Mindvision taking coins?
Reply Quote
Actually, I agree. MV loves coins.
Reply Quote
05/04/2014 02:00 PMPosted by Bottle
1 in 3125 chance.

[/quote]

Its not that odd that in the countless of times it is played it will sometimes happen ~10 times in a row

After all you now have a 1/5 chance of making it 6 times in a row.
Reply Quote
Yes, each individual chance is 1 in 5, but if it happens (say) ten times in a row, that's then a 1 in 10 million chance nearly. The following chance would still be 1 in 5, but the overall chance is what matters.

I'm going to see if I can get a larger statistical sample by playing some casual Priest games with Mindvision when I get the chance. Meanwhile, I'd greatly appreciate input from other users about what card Mindvision steals for you, whether it's a coin to confirm my suspicions or another card to allay them. Obviously, your data would only be applicable while the opponent has coin in hand.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]